Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Entertainment Discussion    ..and no more Merlin after Series 5
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

..and no more Merlin after Series 5
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
The BBC have announced that Merlin Series 5 will end with a 2-part grand finale at Christmas and that will be the end of the series.

http://www.cultbox.co.uk/news/...turning-for-series-6

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
That is a bummer. Frown I think that Merlin is a good show, one that is suitable for family viewing. Alot of stuff out there now just isn't suitable for families. My kids (11 & 9) and I just started watching this from the beginning. Sad to see it go, but glad it got 5 seasons.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
I will miss Merlin, it's a show that has got much better as it has gone along.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
I expect the final episode to be the one where Merlin reveals he's a Wizard. It's a shame this is coming to an end as the revelation would have given the series a new dynamic and it would be like a fresh show.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Can't belive the BBC...... They need to get their act together fast, they cancell a good show like this, for what????????
Let me guess, more reality shows like strictly come dancing right?????

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KADRAN00157:
Can't belive the BBC...... They need to get their act together fast, they cancell a good show like this, for what????????
Let me guess, more reality shows like strictly come dancing right?????

KADRAN00157
To be fair to the BBC, it's being brought to a logical conclusion not being cancelled. I'd hate to see it continued beyond this just because it is a popular series. One problem I have had over the years with US series is the way they have been continued well past their sell by dates simply because they have high ratings, the X-files being one example that springs to mind.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post