Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Entertainment Discussion    Any Stamp or Coin Collectors here?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Stamp or Coin Collectors here?
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted
Re-direct me if there's other thread(s) related to these topics but wondering if there were any others and if there's any specific stamp themes or coin types you collect?

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
I actually have just picked back up stamp collecting. I did some when I was a teenager, but let it sit for several years now. I am focusing mostly on US releases so far, but am considering expanding my collection depending on prices. I forgot how cool it was to look through a stamp album and check out the various colors and some amazing artwork.

Posts: 1458 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
I did a similar thing a few years back picking up the hobby again. Not too discerning, mostly used worldwide stamps in bulk. Have about 4,000 now, though I did focus on USA stamps only for a while. Relatively cheap to acquire.

Are you into sets and 1st day issues? Or more general, used stamps?

Once I've finished the current book I have I'm going to do a themed / subject book based around films.

I agree about the artwork, colors and designs. The difference in approach between cultures is quite astonishing and more goes into it than the average person ever thinks of.

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Yes, I enjoy first day issues, airmail, and postage due stamps. Need to find my old album and see what I have available...

Posts: 1458 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
I've nearly finished the album I have which I've been work on/off for 5 years.

Then moving onto a film theme new album.

There's some nice first day issues on Ebay. I saw a Humphrey Bogart one autographed by Lauren Bacall. It was a fair price too. I guess because Bacall was generous with her signature so it's not too costly to acquire.