Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Any Stamp or Coin Collectors here?

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/958604453/m/1447022096

May 23, 2018, 10:14 PM
TC00
Any Stamp or Coin Collectors here?
Re-direct me if there's other thread(s) related to these topics but wondering if there were any others and if there's any specific stamp themes or coin types you collect?
May 26, 2018, 12:02 PM
Will
I actually have just picked back up stamp collecting. I did some when I was a teenager, but let it sit for several years now. I am focusing mostly on US releases so far, but am considering expanding my collection depending on prices. I forgot how cool it was to look through a stamp album and check out the various colors and some amazing artwork.
May 26, 2018, 06:02 PM
TC00
I did a similar thing a few years back picking up the hobby again. Not too discerning, mostly used worldwide stamps in bulk. Have about 4,000 now, though I did focus on USA stamps only for a while. Relatively cheap to acquire.

Are you into sets and 1st day issues? Or more general, used stamps?

Once I've finished the current book I have I'm going to do a themed / subject book based around films.

I agree about the artwork, colors and designs. The difference in approach between cultures is quite astonishing and more goes into it than the average person ever thinks of.
May 26, 2018, 07:27 PM
Will
Yes, I enjoy first day issues, airmail, and postage due stamps. Need to find my old album and see what I have available...
June 02, 2018, 05:26 PM
TC00
I've nearly finished the album I have which I've been work on/off for 5 years.

Then moving onto a film theme new album.

There's some nice first day issues on Ebay. I saw a Humphrey Bogart one autographed by Lauren Bacall. It was a fair price too. I guess because Bacall was generous with her signature so it's not too costly to acquire.