Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jude Law as Dumbledore
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted
Acclaimed actor Jude Law will play Albus Dumbledore in the sequel to Fantastic Beasts.

The second film in the Fantastic Beasts series will show Dumbledore decades before he became Headmaster at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

At this point in the story he is the wizarding school’s Transfiguration professor and a contemporary of Gellert Grindelwald – the Dark wizard we met in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, played by Johnny Depp.

Dumbledore was referenced in the first film, when it was revealed that Newt Scamander was expelled from Hogwarts because of an accident with a magical creature. It was Dumbledore who argued against his expulsion.

Full Article:
Jude Law as Dumbledore...

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
I don't know how to feel about this one. On one hand, Jude Law is a decent actor but on the other hand, Michael Gambon really nailed the part and I don't really see Jude Law fitting that role. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Jude Law is the 10 years younger version of Ralph Fiennes, who already has a younger version in his brother Joseph Fiennes. Wink

They all fit into the same category of the go-to British actor when you need a respected name in a big or small role thought to require some class. As such, Law is as good a choice as any. Although, come to think of it, the idea of letting Ralph Fiennes play an earlier version of Dumbledore when he was Voldemort in HP would be pretty funny. Big Grin

Posts: 10407 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I'm cool with it. Jude Law always does a great job as far as I am concerned.

Posts: 5777 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Obi Wan Chrisobi:
I don't know how to feel about this one. On one hand, Jude Law is a decent actor but on the other hand, Michael Gambon really nailed the part and I don't really see Jude Law fitting that role. Guess I'll have to wait and see.
How quickly people forget that Richard Harris played the part to perfection in the first two films. Following his death, Michael Gambon was then called on to perform the role. So we were able to enjoy seeing two very different actors give excellent interpretations of the same character. I imagine Jude Law will turn in an equally good performance.

Posts: 1530 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
Oh, I never forgot about Richard Harris. I just prefer Michael Gambons take on the part. Richard Harris was a fine actor, but his health issues kept him from having any real energy in the part. Gambon, on the other hand, brought a vitality and hint of mischief to the role that Harris was lacking. It'll be interesting to see what Law will do with it.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post