Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Entertainment Discussion    Title of Star Wars VIII Announced
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Title of Star Wars VIII Announced
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted

Posts: 3998 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
That title should read "Star Wars: The Last Jedi... until the next one" Wink

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So I read that and my question is, when did they start calling this the Skywalker saga?

If its called The Last Jedi, are we to infer that Luke will bite the dust in Chapter VIII?

I think they will have to write out Leia in this one, whether they wanted to or not. Carrie Fisher supposedly filmed all of her scenes for VIII, but I never read where she was or wasn't expected to be involved in IX. They could try to create her character using a double the way they did with Paul Walker in the last Fast and Furious, but I kind of think that fans wouldn't like it.

If its called The Last Jedi, I would tend to think they will clean off the table and let the young stars run by themselves in the final IX.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
So I read that and my question is, when did they start calling this the Skywalker saga?

If its called The Last Jedi, are we to infer that Luke will bite the dust in Chapter VIII?

I think they will have to write out Leia in this one, whether they wanted to or not. Carrie Fisher supposedly filmed all of her scenes for VIII, but I never read where she was or wasn't expected to be involved in IX. They could try to create her character using a double the way they did with Paul Walker in the last Fast and Furious, but I kind of think that fans wouldn't like it.

If its called The Last Jedi, I would tend to think they will clean off the table and let the young stars run by themselves in the final IX.

Well with the Leai thing, they stated they would not use a double or computer generated imagery like Grand Moff Tarkin.

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
They did say that Leia was supposed to be part of Episode IX and that they now need to figure out how to handle her absence.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
The title doesn't really mean anything. Yes, Luke is the last Jedi and even if he trains Rey, she won't be a Jedi for sometime. I don't think Luke needs to die for Rey and the others to fight against the First Order. I can see Luke training her and letting her continue on without him.

It will be interesting to see how they handle Leia's absence in IX. If they choose not to digitally recreate the character then is killing her off the only option?

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Always could put her character in a vader type suit so you never see the actress inside and still call it Leia.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
I quite like the title and I think it is safe to assume we will see the obvious Empire Strikes Back parallel: reclusive Jedi master in-hiding training the newbie to go after the big baddie who killed the old mentor in the previous film.

I have no problems with the trilogies (prequel, original, and now sequel) using the Skywalker family line as the framework - they have been the backbone of the story from the beginning. Besides, all the spin off films that we will be getting for years to come can give a non-Skywalker Star Wars fix.

Regarding Carrie Fisher, Lucasfilm put out a statement that they will NOT be digitally recreating her for Episode IX. I had no problems with Peter Cushing and Carrie Fisher being CGI in Rogue One because they were both very respectfully done, but the decision has been made. Maybe they are concerned it would just be seen as bad taste and cashing in on her, even if that is not the intention, so soon after her passing.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS!!!!!!!

All her scenes are reported as done for Episode VIII but her two big scenes across episodes 8 and 9 are supposed to be a confrontation with Kylo Ren and her reuniting with Luke (the latter being the rumoured ending to Ep.8). Whatever has been filmed though apparently may still get cut, presumably if those plot elements from 8 can't be paid off in 9. I really hope that is not the case though and think that her final scenes, in the role that made her famous, need to be seen - it would be disrespectful to her memory otherwise.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Why don't they take her scenes for Episode 8 and spread them out across the 2 films ?

Posts: 3998 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Hopefully episode VII was The Last Death Star! Razz

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post