Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIP Rik Mayall
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Potato Head
posted
Shocked & gutted by the sad news regarding Rik Mayall. True comedy legend. I watched Bottom the other night on Gold and it was still the funniest thing on TV, hadn't laughed at a TV series like that in ages. Bottom was my Monty Python and I can still reel off numerous quotes. RIP Richard "Ritchie" Richard Angel

Posts: 751 | Location: UK | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
He was not as well known in the US, but in 1983 or so, MTV showed episodes of "The Young Ones" and I remember they were quite a hit. I think that's what led to his role in the reasonably well budgeted film "Drop Dead Fred" opposite Phoebe Cates. It didn't do too well at the box office as I recall, but it remains a cult favorite.
He was a funny, funny man and now gone far, far too soon. Sad news.

Posts: 3330 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Did Mayall have any cards?

Posts: 2216 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post