Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Kiss Deluxe Trading cards
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kiss Deluxe Trading cards
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow, great art!

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Chris Hoffman

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Chris Hoffman a

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Tim Shay

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Breygent Marketing:
SIGNED CARDS

Amy Chu
Anthony Marquez
Charles Wilson III
Kyle Strahm
Tom Mandrake
Rodney Buchemi
Michael Adams
Kewber Baal

Ok, I guess I am not a big enough KISS fan. Who the hell are these people?

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
starts shipping today

I have posted information for Dynamic and I do not work for them. I am just helping them out with artists etc.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
quote:
SIGNED CARDS

Amy Chu
Anthony Marquez
Charles Wilson III
Kyle Strahm
Tom Mandrake
Rodney Buchemi
Michael Adams
Kewber Baal

I believe these are artists.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
starts shipping today

I have posted information for Dynamic and I do not work for them. I am just helping them out with artists etc.

Thanks Tom!

Any chance you can post pics of the Gene and Paul signature cards?

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
quote:
quote:
SIGNED CARDS

Amy Chu
Anthony Marquez
Charles Wilson III
Kyle Strahm
Tom Mandrake
Rodney Buchemi
Michael Adams
Kewber Baal

Yeah, I was kinda thinkin in that direction too but none of em are listed with the sketch artist. Strange

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
quote:
quote:
SIGNED CARDS

Amy Chu
Anthony Marquez
Charles Wilson III
Kyle Strahm
Tom Mandrake
Rodney Buchemi
Michael Adams
Kewber Baal

Yeah, I was kinda thinkin in that direction too but none of em are listed with the sketch artist. Strange

Maybe these are artist who worked on KISS comics or something. . .

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Ahh that's it.

Think the last time I read a KISS comic book it said "Marvel Comics Super Special" on it. Wink

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just seen images of the autograph cards.

VERY glad I didn't bother trying to import any of this.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
Just seen images of the autograph cards.

VERY glad I didn't bother trying to import any of this.

It is unfortunate -- they did such a great job getting some big name signers, but then didn't bother to design a card with a spot for a signature. . .

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
What do the autos look like ? Can we see images ?

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw them on eBay.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
OK, well those autograph cards are very much in the old style used for comic characters like Evil Ernie. The signatures are just written any place on the front, sometimes across the picture when there is no obvious open space. Many times they used silver or gold ink, as it was easy for black to disappear into the usually colorful photo.

Dynamic must have made the decision that they wanted them to look like those throw backs, or else they would have designed a signature box.

I'm of a mind to think it's a case by case basis as to whether you like the look or not. As long as the signatures stand out, it's fine. If you have black ink disappearing into a dark background, then it isn't fine. The cards with better placed autographs should have more demand.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't see any design here at all. If this was a decision to look like 'throw backs' . . . well . . . it's not for me.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
For what it's worth, those autographs seem fairly clean, it's more the photo design that becomes the issue. If you look at the sketches, with the exception of Cover's on top, you have really tight, face focused images.

Dynamic seems to have made a point of wanting to concentrate on the KISS make up. Some people will like that, some will find it boring, but it is the thing they are best known for as much as their music. For the auto cards it just has to lead to signatures scrawled across faces.

Since these are on-card signatures I guess KISS didn't object to writing on their own faces. Wink

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Excuses, excuses. Ugly cards are ugly cards Wink

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post