Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Cryptozoic's George Nadeau- sad news
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cryptozoic's George Nadeau- sad news
 Login/Join

posted

Posts: 67 | Location: NC | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Shocking news George was a great guy always doing great things for attendees at the Philly show he will be missed.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just saw this on Facebook on the Sketch Card Fanatics page. Shocking and very sad. I met him in person a few years ago at Wondercon and also SDCC. Very nice guy and generous, as well. Condolences to his friends and family.

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Very sad news. George was a great guy and fun to talk to at the Philly show. A big blow to the hobby and Cryptozoic. RIP George

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry to hear this. My only contact with him was via this site really, he seemed a nice guy always trying to help out if he could. Frown

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
George will be sorely missed. He embraced everything a card collector could want, and was a genuinely lovely guy. I'm glad I had the privilege of meeting and chatting with him. Rest in peace.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Sad news indeed.
George was always helpful, knowledgeable, kind, and a great guy. I'll miss him.
R.I.P., sir.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Such sad news. A genuinely nice person that can not be replaced.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
This is very sad news. I'm in shock. George was an awesome guy!

My deepest condolences to his family and friends. Frown

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I am in shock as well. That is such a loss. George was a great guy and will really be missed. RIP George.

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I don’t know what to say. Ilast spoke with George aground a year ago. He was a lovely person, Super friendly. To say I liked him a lot would be an understatement. Every year for NSU secret Santa he was always going above and beyond for whoever name he got over the past few years. For me, he felt like the face of Cryptozoic’s trading card division. He will be missed.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Such terrible news. George was a great person!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AWR
posted Hide Post
Very sad to hear. Always enjoyed talking to George at the Philly Shows. Was a genuine nice guy and will be missed. RIP George

Posts: 382 | Location: Califon, NJ | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Very sad. I often contacted George when working on articles for NSU. He always came through and he really loved the hobby and what he did. I'll miss him, RIP.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am so very sad to hear this news. As Barobehere said, he truly went above and beyond with his NSU Secret Santa contributions. He also was always kind and helpful with every inquiry from collectors. When I saw him at the last Philly show, he was very excited about working on new projects at Cryptozoic.

My deepest condolences to George's family, friends, and colleagues.

Posts: 465 | Location: Sarasota, FL, USA | Registered: June 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
I am shocked and saddened to learn this news. George really cared about providing quality products to his customers. I enjoyed speaking with him at the Philly Show. He was a really nice man, and he will be missed. RIP George.

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
I still can't believe that George isn't with us any longer.
Such a great guy. I still find myself looking for a product update from him on Twitter.
It was nice that Cryptozoic gathered up collector's memories of George to share with his family and friends. I'm sure that many of them didn't realize that he touched so many lives around the world.
https://twitter.com/cryptozoic...719825035735040?s=12

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post