Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    MARVEL "GREATEST BATTLES" - RITTENHOUSE ARCHIVES LTD
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MARVEL "GREATEST BATTLES" - RITTENHOUSE ARCHIVES LTD
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted
2-Card Sketch Puzzle in Every Box!

For the first time ever, every box will contain a 2-card sketch puzzle. Every sketch card puzzle will feature at least 2 different characters, making this the most ambitious series of Marvel trading cards ever produced. Look for 2-card sketch puzzles of Spider-Man vs. Green Goblin, Hulk vs. Thing, Hulk vs. Wolverine, Spider-Man vs. Venom, Rogue vs. Ms. Marvel, Fantastic Four vs. Dr. Doom, Elektra vs. Daredevil, Captain America vs. Red Skull, Iron Man vs. Mandarin, Thor vs. Loki, Wolverine vs. Sabretooth and more!

Artists include Pablo Marcos, Anthony Tan, Andy Price, Cezar Razek, Charles Hall, Matias Streb and many more. A complete list of artists will be posted on our website, www.scifihobby.com.

90-Card Base Set featuring the greatest battles waged by Marvel's mightiest heroes, including Iron Man, Spider-Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Wolverine, Fantastic Four, Ms. Marvel, and more!

6-Case Incentive: 2-Card Sketch Puzzle by Meghan Hetrick!
9-Case Incentive: 4-Card Sketch Puzzle by Warren Martineck!
18-Case Incentive: Marvel: Greatest Battles Archive Box!

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ronin47
posted Hide Post
Can't wait. Already pre-ordered 2 cases. I hear they will do a limited print run of only 6000 boxes. Look forward to hearing more about this release.

http://www.scifihobby.com/prod...vel/greatestbattles/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ronin47,

Posts: 10 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: November 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
Looks like a Gold parallel set will be very difficult to complete.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
wow only 75 of them, 1 gold parallel per box! Very difficult indeed!

Posts: 88 | Location: Australia | Registered: June 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wonged
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:

Am I missing something ? I don't see anything on RA's site about a Gold Parallel set ? I just see a Red Parallel set which is the typical 8 per box.

Posts: 20 | Location: Central NY State | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wonged:
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:

Am I missing something ? I don't see anything on RA's site about a Gold Parallel set ? I just see a Red Parallel set which is the typical 8 per box.

Yeah, you're missing something. It's on the product description page:

quote:
90-Card "Gold" Parallel Base Set (Each card sequentially numbered to 75) (1:24 packs)

That will be a VERY difficult set to put together.

It also limits production to less than 6750 boxes. I say less because some will have to be put back for replacements and sometimes the licensor gets complete sets as well.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Fingers crossed that the release date holds. It will make for a very exciting Philly show for me Dance

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
Fingers crossed that the release date holds. It will make for a very exciting Philly show for me Dance

It will be exciting watching you open it Smile

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i really really wanted to start slowing down with box buys (not that i go nuts relative to some others) but i spent about $450 on Bronze Age all up between boxes and loose sketches, which frankly i consider quite a bit of money. So my intention was to give this set a miss, but you know i am lousy at saving, and i think this set has just enough different for me to at least crack a box or two

Posts: 88 | Location: Australia | Registered: June 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I noticed no Acar listed on the sketch artists. I just assumed it was almost a given for Rittenhouse at the moment.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
It appears the box price is significantly more than the usual Rittenhouse box.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:

It seems that the manufacturers are squeezing the last drop of blood (cash) out of collectors before just about everyone screams "ENOUGH". In the current economic environment more and more people are having to make serious choices how to spend their cash.

I appreciate that there will always be someone to purchase their product but I believe our hobby is shrinking after each release.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i agree with that^

A single Marvel release each year from both Upper Deck and Rittenhouse would be much more ideal.

Also, they are putting 1 extra sketch card in per box, which is great, but the total extra cost to Rittenhouse, per box, over the entire run of this set would be what? $3 Absolute max? Yet boxes are approximately $30 more!

So yeah, while i can i will buy 1 box, maybe 2, but definitely not anywhere near 4 or 5 like i would have in the past.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
quote:

It seems that the manufacturers are squeezing the last drop of blood (cash) out of collectors before just about everyone screams "ENOUGH". In the current economic environment more and more people are having to make serious choices how to spend their cash.

I appreciate that there will always be someone to purchase their product but I believe our hobby is shrinking after each release.

I had enough several years ago, why I only buy a couple boxes a year.

Shake Head

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Part of why box numbers are significantly lower is because it was near impossible to get artists to do as many puzzles necessary to fill the usual numbers. Keep in mind, for ONE box we were essentially doing twice the work. And not all of us were able to draw as many cards as we usually do. I, for instance, did a third my usual number.

And the price increase, if you think about it, isn't THAT bad considering puzzles sell for higher, AND each card had to be able to stand alone, so you could - if you wanted - split the image and make some of your money back if you didn't want to keep the whole puzzle. That may sound insane to some collectors, but it's a possibility and something I've seen some talk about doing.

Graham, I'm excited to see you and Hammer at the show! YAY! We missed you last year!

Posts: 113 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shame to hear you did 1/3 Rhi. I only just got to know your work (pulled a sketch from Bronze Age) and im sure i dont have to tell you how nice a card it was.

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind words Smile Part of why I took so little on was because of trying to accommodate for the Holidays, others obligations I'd made to other sets, and wanting to really try to put as much effort into those as possible...backgrounds, full body, etc.

I promise I'll make up for it on the next set Wink Just wait Smile

Posts: 113 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did my usual amount on this set. More than 100 less than 400. I screwed the pooch on a few of them, cut wise but most of them should make it to the boxes I hope as I spent a solid 2 months working on these. I haven't even compiled the scans and sent them off yet. so many scans

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
quote:

I agree. I've already dropped my number of personal boxes. And with some manufacturers have gone with mini-master sets. And some manufacturers and distributors are making it so very difficult to purchase product, I will be waving good-bye to them, as there will be a mutual waving good-bye between me and my few customers that are left.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ronin47
posted Hide Post
I think the set looks great don't get me wrong, but it looks like we're missing a handful of very popular artist on the list they've given us so far.

I'm also worried about the quality of some of these sketch cards and how the 2 piece sketches will effect the current sketch market. I wonder if single sketches from other releases will hold their value. I hear artists complaining about the stock and just being crunched for time to finish their cards in time.

Another thing I noticed was no HOT BOX this time around. I think they've had that in the last 3 or 4 releases.

I wish Rittenhouse would listen to feeback more. I think if they don't make some changes to their sales model, they will continue losing a lot of business to other companies like Cryptozoic.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ronin47,

Posts: 10 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: November 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post