Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Thor Movie Trading Cards
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thor Movie Trading Cards
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
$3.99? That's outrageous! Eek

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by william291077:

Have Upper Deck offered autographs before that did not appear in the set? If so who and what set?

Thanks

I think it happened with Iron Man 2...

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
The current Diamond Previews has these solicited and MSRP is $3.99/pack does this sound about right?

Yes, $3 -$4 packs are about average these days, but as damien already mentioned, the final product is often very different than the advanced advertising. You are more likely to pull an autograph of the guy who plays "Bus Driver #2" than of any of the major actors mentioned, with the exception of Chris Hemsworth, who has already signed for the last Star Trek set.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Lizzy:
quote:
Originally posted by william291077:

Have Upper Deck offered autographs before that did not appear in the set? If so who and what set?

Thanks

I think it happened with Iron Man 2...

indeed
Im still waiting on my Paltrow and Johansson autos

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
didn't they also have a set that promised like 50 autos and there whas like 20
or whas that Donruss

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by damien:
didn't they also have a set that promised like 50 autos and there whas like 20
or whas that Donruss

Sounds like the Upper Deck Spectrum of Stars Baseball checklist that had a ton of non-sport signers and ended up with only a few of the original names and a smattering of largely unimpressive replacements.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I have not seen a new solicitation for this one. What I was sent had:

quote:
  • Collect actor autographs and pieces of memorabilia that came directly from costumes shown in the movie!

• Cast includes top actors like: Natalie Portman (Jane Foster), Anthony Hopkins (Odin), Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Tom Hiddleston (Loki) & Rene Russo (Frigga)

• Now, those sentences may well be mutually exclusive, having nothing to do with each other.

But the casual reader will very much think they just promised all those cast members were signing.

Should be interesting because I have heard that orders were light on this one too. But even if they doubled the autograph insertion rate that would only put it at 2 per case. Still under the 3-4 that seemed to come out of Iron Man 2.

I ordered light. We'll see if I regret that decision.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Silver Card Talk Member
    Picture of damien
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Look for cards autographed by the film's actors, including Natalie Portman, Sir Anthony Hopkins, Chris Hemsworth, and Rene Russo, and look for the bonus memorabilia cards that feature costume pieces worn in the film. ."

while I don't have a lawyer here with me
    it really sounds to me they are promising all those actors

Silver Card Talk Member
    Picture of damien
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    I ordered light. We'll see if I regret that decision.
    Ed

chances are good that you won't

Picture of Incarnadine
    posted Hide Post
    Well, I'm going the route where if she does sign I'll just pick one up. If UD pulls the old bait and switch I can't get burned. The downside is it'll be pricey and I won't have the chance to get lucky and pull one, if they exist.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
    (Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Scifi Cards
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by damien:
    quote:
    Look for cards autographed by the film's actors, including Natalie Portman, Sir Anthony Hopkins, Chris Hemsworth, and Rene Russo, and look for the bonus memorabilia cards that feature costume pieces worn in the film. ."

while I don't have a lawyer here with me
    it really sounds to me they are promising all those actors

You're right, that statement does indicate all those actors are signing. However, I don't know the source of that quote. All the information I have from my distributors has been in the 2 sentence format above. But Upper Deck may well have given that information to someone, just not me.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of william291077
    posted Hide Post
    I hope the autographs come for all the listed actors.

I didn't realise that Paltrow and Johansson had been advertised as signers for Iron Man 2. That kind of explains the negativity towards what I thought was a good set, if you set the bar that high even a really good set missing the key people will feel like a disappointment.

TTFN

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Silver Card Talk Member
    Picture of damien
    posted Hide Post
    also Robert Downey JR for Iron Man 2 didn't happen
    I guess we will wait and see this time around
    when is the set and movie comming out?

Silver Card Talk Member
    Picture of archifou
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    when is the set and movie comming out?

Hi Damien, the release date is March 15.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Silver Card Talk Member
    Picture of archifou
    posted Hide Post
    Nice looking costume cards:

I forgot to say that I took those images from NSU - Please see this thread: Preview of 2011 Cards :-)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: archifou,

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Incarnadine
    posted Hide Post
    Those actually are nice looking costume cards, good choice in pictures used too.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
    (Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Here are a couple of the cards I did for this set. I did a total of more than 10 and less than 100.

The process used was Linocut.

For those of you not familiar with the process, here is a brief summary of it.

Linocut is a printmaking technique, a variant of woodcut in which a sheet of linoleum (sometimes mounted on a wooden block) is used for the relief surface. A design is cut into the linoleum surface with a sharp knife, V-shaped chisel or gouge, with the raised (uncarved) areas representing a reversal (mirror image) of the parts to show printed. The linoleum sheet is inked with a roller (called a brayer), and then impressed onto paper or fabric. The actual printing can be done by hand or with a press.

These are AP's. I didn't use red ink on the inserted cards, so that seperates these from the rest. Additionally, the solid black Thor and Destroyer are 3-Dish. With pearl glitter on the backside. The photo doesn't really so what the card really looks like.

I wanted to go outside of the box on these, giving you guys a shot at a non traditional sketch card. These actually take quite a bit of time to do. These are more of an art card, and I have some more out of the box ideas coming up soon.

Thanks for looking.

-Jason

Posts: 70 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    I like them,they look great.i really hope i pull one. Thumb Up

Posts: 182 | Location: runcorn | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by markdennett:
    I like them,they look great.i really hope i pull one. Thumb Up

Thank you for the kind words,
    Jason

Posts: 70 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of william291077
    posted Hide Post
    The more I see from this set the further it creeps up my wants list. I can't wait for it's release.

Jason your technique is really impressive and I must admit I would love to obtain one of these cards in my packs.

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post