Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Thor Movie Trading Cards
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thor Movie Trading Cards
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted
Thor Movie Trading Cards

It seems that UD will do Thor Movie cards:

Regular Set
- Base Cards (90)
- Talent of Thor (9)
- Thor Movie Poster Card (1)

Top Inserts
- Costume Cards (1:12)
- Autograph Cards (1:288)
- Sketch Cards (1:48)
- PETG Movie Cell Cards (1:16)

Product Highlights

Includes pants worn in the movie by Natalie Portman (Jane Foster),
shirts worn by Chris Hemsworth (Thor) and more!
Get a piece of Thor’s Cape, Odin’s Leathers, and more!
Chase one-of-a-kind artist sketch cards from some of the greatest comic artists in the industry!
Get one (1) PETG movie cell card per box showcasing dramatic scenes from the movie!
Collect cards showcasing classic Thor comic book covers!

See sell sheet here

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
awesome news ... not so awesome for my wallet

Posts: 78 | Location: cave on an island, usa | Registered: May 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmm So I am guessing Anthony Hopkins and Natalie Portman can be ruled out of this set...

Maybe UD can get Kat Dennings! I would be on board if that is the case.

Posts: 131 | Location: USA | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So let's break this down. If there are 24 packs per box we are looking at 2 costume cards per box, with 1 movie cell per box, and then the sketches come 1 in every 2 boxes, and the autographs are 1 in every 12 boxes.

Sounds a lot like Ironman 2, also from UD.

I like this title, but not crazy about the mix. Box price and sketch quality will be the deciding factors for me.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
So let's break this down. If there are 24 packs per box we are looking at 2 costume cards per box, with 1 movie cell per box, and then the sketches come 1 in every 2 boxes, and the autographs are 1 in every 12 boxes.

Sounds a lot like Ironman 2, also from UD.

I like this title, but not crazy about the mix. Box price and sketch quality will be the deciding factors for me.

This is about what was originally offered for Iron Man 2. But when orders came in light we got 2 sketches per box. So one really never knows...

I too will wait to see what the price point is...

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
At 1 auto per case maybe UD will get at least a couple of good signers.

I think I want a Dennings more than a Portman. More likely we'll get Colm Feore and Chris Hemsworth.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
More Thor info and pics:

Collect pieces of the movie!
- Two (2) movie memorabilia cards or autographs per box!
*Includes pants worn in the movie by Natalie Portman (Jane Foster), shirts worn by Chris Hemsworth (Thor) and more!
*Get a piece of Thor's Cape, Odin's Leathers, and more!

Chase one-of-a-kind artist sketch cards from some of the greatest comic artists in the industry!

Get one (1) PETG movie cell card per box showcasing dramatic scenes from the movie!

Collect cards showcasing classic Thor comic book covers!

The set will be available March 15, 2011

Full info from this site: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/...eshman/news/?a=25718

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to complete details Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spidergoblin:
Looking forward to complete details Thumb Up

It's UD so expect "complete details" sometime around the 2nd month after release.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
It will be very similar as Iron Man 2 I am sure.
About 11-12 costumes, 9 acetate, 9 comic covers, sketch and 4-5 autos.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
I'm really looking forward to this movie, even if I never liked Thor in the comics. I have preordered one box. Maybe I'll get lucky and pull a Thor-o-graph... Big Grin

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I really want one sketch card, but not really into movie cards. So I'm on the fence about ordering a box with a 50/50 chance of getting one.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
I really want one sketch card, but not really into movie cards.

As usual the sketches will be from characters in the comics and not the movie I am sure. Since the process for movie approval about sketches likeness for actors is very complex and painful.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just so you know, UD is paying artists $2 per sketch on this set, the Captain America set, and Marvel Beginnings. You read that right $2 each.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chuck Bartowski,

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Yes, $2 per card, but they do get artist proof cards which help generate additional income for the artists. Still not great, but it's something.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Was hoping Rittenhouse would get the license. They seem to get a lot more autographs.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ummm $2 per card is a deal compared to some of the Topps sets that artists I know worked on. Plus you get Artist Proofs, if I was an artist I would jump at that in a heartbeat.

Posts: 131 | Location: USA | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheMetatrOn:
Ummm $2 per card is a deal compared to some of the Topps sets that artists I know worked on. Plus you get Artist Proofs, if I was an artist I would jump at that in a heartbeat.

To me that's crazy...the artist proofs don't help too much for most artists either because UD is so strict on when they have to be done. It's not like Rittenhouse where you can get an Artist Proof done for a set a year after its release.

I could understand the $2 per if they were actually "sketch" cards, but most "sketch" cards are really much more than that now.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
Just so you know, UD is paying artists $2 per sketch on this set, the Captain America set, and Marvel Beginnings. You read that right $2 each.

$2 don't surprise me at all.

This is the first I've heard of the Captain America set and Marvel Beginnings. Do you have more info on these?

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:

$2 don't surprise me at all.

This is the first I've heard of the Captain America set and Marvel Beginnings. Do you have more info on these?

I don't...someone posted on another site that UD was looking for artists for those sets...it didn't mention any info on the sets themselves.