Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Thor Movie Trading Cards
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thor Movie Trading Cards
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
forgettable part wow don't know about that one,did you see the movie

Totally agree. Hemsworth was spectacular and really set the tone for the whole Star Trek movie, IMO.

I was looking through all the posts about this release and couldn't find any information about a retail release. Will there be one (like the gravity feed loaders for IM2), and if so, does anyone know the insert ratios for them? Will all the inserts be available at retail release, or will there be retail-only inserts?

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAMolinelli
posted Hide Post
This thread needs more Artwork!

So a little bit of a story here.

After Star Wars Galaxy Series 6 I was done in my mind for sketch cards. But then I got an e-mail from Upperdeck, asking me to partake in 3 new Marvel Sets, and I thought what the hell? Right I mean come on Pro Wrestlers announce there retirement all the time to come back? So I got the cards and I thought to myself what can I do to win back the card community? I thought quality! So I sort of turned over a new leat starting with my first work of 2011 Thor. WAIT UNTIL you see my Marvel Beginnings cards!

I will periodically update with more scans as we get closer to the set.

I also included my Return APs,

Returns:

Pack Inserted:

Posts: 472 | Location: Outer Space | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Very cool, Rich! I like the backgrounds!

The head shot in the middle of the first pack inserted scan is my favorite. . .

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Very nice Rich!!

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Agreed, the sketch cards are very nice indeed.

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Great Stuff Rich! Great Stuff.

I'll be keeping an eye out for a few of those. I really like the high-constrast look. Sometimes less color is not a bad thing.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAMolinelli
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys!

Posts: 472 | Location: Outer Space | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
awesome work Rich Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Thor autograph

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
is there an official release date as of now?

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:
Thor autograph

Any idea if that is an acutal card image, or a mockup?

I ask because the autograph looks to be on the card in the image, and I know most of us expect band aids from Upper Deck.

Either way, nice design. Good looking card, even if they will be rarer than hen's teeth.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:
Thor autograph

Any idea if that is an acutal card image, or a mockup?

I ask because the autograph looks to be on the card in the image, and I know most of us expect band aids from Upper Deck.

Either way, nice design. Good looking card, even if they will be rarer than hen's teeth.

Ed

Ed, Look on the very right of the autograph area, and you will see the edge of the sticker.

Posts: 131 | Location: USA | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
I taken the image from UD blog.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
I read that this is the final list of signers:

Chris Hemsworth
Kenneth Branaugh
Joshua Dallas
Clark Gregg
Tom Hiddleston

The others signers migh be insert in another product in the future. But the big 3 are not signing.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
If that is the final then booooooooo

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here is the list of signers so far:

Chris Hemsworth - Thor
Tom Hiddleston - Loki
Clark Gregg - Agent Phil Coulson
Joshua Dallas - Fandral
Kat Dennings - Darcy
Ray Stevenson - Volstagg
Jamie Alexander - Sif
Tadanobu Asano - Hogun
Colm Feore - Laufey
Kenneth Branaugh - Director

So this list is out now?

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you guys see the odd on the retail boxes... something like an auto in 2800 packs...

I don't know if that is correct.

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
I'm not even a little surprised at the final list. UD went from advertising all the big names as signers to a list of 10 signers missing the biggest names but having some good medium level names to just 5 signers.

This is exactly why I don't pre-order anymore, just a constant let down. Not even a Dennings now, nothing for me even to look for anymore.

Sigh. Shake Head

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
I'm not even a little surprised at the final list. UD went from advertising all the big names as signers to a list of 10 signers missing the biggest names but having some good medium level names to just 5 signers.

This is exactly why I don't pre-order anymore, just a constant let down. Not even a Dennings now, nothing for me even to look for anymore.

Sigh. Shake Head

Sigh indeed Shake Head Twak

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
no interest in this product now. list of signers is just too thin.

Posts: 146 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post