Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Thor Movie Trading Cards
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thor Movie Trading Cards
 Login/Join

Picture of 007bondcards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arvin Sloane:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by Arvin Sloane:
There's a full page of artists who've posted all of their work for this set and I went through each and every listing. There isn't a bad card in the bunch. I'd also advise you to checkout the comments made by Lord Mesa concerning the "New Upper Deck", I think you'll be surprised.

Hope you're right and the sketches sell this product because the announced autograph list so far is too thin and costume cards don't get collectors excited anymore. I think that adding a big name signer, even if limited, and maybe a nice prop card would go a long way here.

As it stands right now this is basically the same as IM2, except this set has an additional signer. No chest plate yet, but the hammer, say the shaft similar to the Buffy stake would be nice. The sketches are very high quality and that was what everyone raved about last time, so I'm sure that will be big this time around as well.

as it stands its basically the same,i don't know about that
case of iron man 2 yielded 24 sketches
case of thor is showing only 6 sketches
case of iron man 2 yielded 12 costumes
case of thor yielding 23 costumes
autos were extra hits in ironman2
thor autos look like they are 1 of you 2 hits
and considering costumes have been mentioned above as not well received(poo) i would say not even close at this point but we will see when it is busted,and iron man 2 only had 4 autos but they were 3 new ones like roarke , cheadle,now thor has re-treads like hemsworth,gregg,feore
so not the same me thinks

Posts: 87 | Location: ontario | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by william291077:
I had to look up who Kat Dennings was, am I totally out of touch?

I still don't understand the excitement.

She's not a mega star but she's been in a lot of stuff I like in roles big and small (and it sounds like others are of the same mind).

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0993507/

Not every auto has to be an A lister for people to get excited about it. Heck, some of my favorites are commons, like the Stargate Kari Wuhrer.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kat Dennings is awesometown.

Posts: 70 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:
Count me in for a master set.

What is a master set?

Posts: 70 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
Not every auto has to be an A lister for people to get excited about it. Heck, some of my favorites are commons, like the Stargate Kari Wuhrer.

Howdy,

I totally understand what you mean, that wasn't really my point. I had never heard of her and when I looked her up I thought I would at least recognise her, which I didn't. I also looked at what she had been in and either had never heard of the show/film or couldn't remember who she had played.

My favorite autograph that I own is Sarah Carter and I know that she is not exactly a household name.

TTFN

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

I must sincerley apologise, my favorite autograph that I own is Kelly Kelly.

Recent aquisition, I must now go and dust her autographs display case to pay for my indiscretion.

TTFN

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
What is a master set?

Kennywood explain it perfectly.

In my case a master set contain the base set, all inserts but just one sketch (Hobby and Artist Proof) and I don't collect variant cards either in the autograph or costumes line-up.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

I agree with archifou that Kennywood hit the nail right on the head with Master Sets.

My definition, not that it matters as long as you are happy with your collection, is that a master set is a base set, all chase sets, one copy of each of the different inserts (variants dont matter unless the card is the actual variant ie some of the Heroes Archives autographs) and a sketch card by each contributing artist.

TTFN

Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
Does anybody know if there will be a binder for this set? Was there one for Iron Man 2? As I recall there was not. Thanks!

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tattoox, much appreciated! Sweet looking film cell card. I like that the cell is big so that it can be easily enjoyed from the binder pages. I wonder if there will be an endless amount of images (like Artbox's Potter cards) or if there will be just 9 or so images to collect.

I am very excited for this set and I can't wait to see the rest of it, especially the autograph cards!

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing by the size and clarity that these are not actual film cells (like Potter), but manufactured cells like Rittenhouse has used before and thus every card #1 will have the same cell.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5082 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 007bondcards:
iron man 2 only had 4 autos but they were 3 new ones like roarke , cheadle,now thor has re-treads like hemsworth,gregg,feore
so not the same me thinks
I don't collect autographs or autograph cards but it does seem strange for the appearance of an autograph from the main star of a film, i.e. Hemsworth in the part of Thor, to be dismissed as a retread Big Grin

While I'm sure there are collectors who are principally interested in getting autographs from actors who have never signed anything before, I'm pretty sure there are a larger number of collectors who want a film related set to contain autos from the main characters in the film regardless of whether they have signed before or not. For this set they've got Loki and Thor, surely everything else is really just a bonus Thumb Up

Posts: 1530 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CaptainMal
posted Hide Post
If Thor is a success then many people would prefer a Chris Hemsworth as Thor autograph over his forgettable part in Star Trek.

The quality of the film / acting will give these cards some weight.

Posts: 1093 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Forgettable? Really? He is Kirks father and part of one of the best if not THE best Trek film opening. I would hardly say his role is forgettable.

Posts: 131 | Location: USA | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
There is an article that features an interview with Upper Deck and it was all cool until they said that they have a stunt hammer from the film and have chosen not to make trading cards with it because too many people complained. That totally sucks! That would have been an awesome card!

Interview With Upper Deck about Thor Trading Cards

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
For this set they've got Loki and Thor, surely everything else is really just a bonus Thumb Up

Ahh, not really. I don't think the issue revolves so much around Hemsworth's having signed in Star Trek before, as it does that he is pretty much unknown. Same thing with Hiddleston, he's not a name people recognize. The major stars appearing in Thor don't seem to be on the autograph list and I think UD should have gotten at least one of them to sign a few cards.

A lot of people, including myself, are comparing this product to RA's Ironman and UD's Ironman 2. For Ironman you had both Robert Downey and Jeff Bridges signing. The cards were limited of course, but they were still in there. Ironman 2 had no Downey, but did have Cheadle and Rourke. These are all good actors that have fans beyond these particular films and it really increases interest in the product.

Thor may turn out to be a good movie and Hemsworth and Hiddleston might get to be draws someday, but they aren't right now, even if they are playing the main characters.

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Something tells me UD is holding off on cutting that stunt hammer for the Avengers Assemble Movie cards.

What?? You know the Avengers Movie card set is already in the pipeline. Marvel is banking everything on it, so don't be surprised to see rare prop cards of Iron Man's armor, Thor's hammer & Captain America's shield for the Avengers set.

Since Upper Deck lost all those sports licenses, I think they're getting ready to seriously bulk-up on the Marvel movie franchise.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
According to UD, the Hammer will not be cut but use a redemption card to get the hammer along another one for Loki's knives.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 007bondcards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CaptainMal:
If Thor is a success then many people would prefer a Chris Hemsworth as Thor autograph over his forgettable part in Star Trek.

The quality of the film / acting will give these cards some weight.

nope i would take a hard signed auto over a sticker anyday
forgettable part wow don't know about that one,did you see the movie

Posts: 87 | Location: ontario | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post