Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Thor Movie Trading Cards
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thor Movie Trading Cards
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
No Kat Dennings, No Bueno.

Posts: 131 | Location: USA | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
I have been a Kenneth Branagh fanatic since middle school. After seeing his Hamlet, it was the first time I had viewed a film as a piece of art, and it inspired me to pursue a career in filmmaking. As some may know Branagh commonly directs more artsy Shakespearian films. So the day I found out that he was directing Thor I just about had a geekgasm. My hero was delving into the world of comic books! I actually got to meet him at Comic-Con this past year and got him to sign a Hamlet poster for me. He was one of the nicest people I've ever met at the Con an it only made me love him more. Now to the point... I have been a card collector since around 2003, when I was 13, and I never thought in a million years that there would be a card set for a film that Kenneth Branagh directed. So yeah I know that many are upset about the set and normally I would be too, but for me this is the set of a lifetime and I am going to be having the time of my life opening my 2 cases. Who cares if I'm losing money, I'm just gonna be having fun. And it would help if I pulled a Kenneth Branagh autograph too haha. Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to go on record that there is at least one person pumped about this set haha!

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robomole:
I have been a Kenneth Branagh fanatic since middle school. After seeing his Hamlet, it was the first time I had viewed a film as a piece of art, and it inspired me to pursue a career in filmmaking.

Have you seen Conspiracy (2001) by him? It was an HBO movie about the top nazis discussing the final solution for the Jewish problem. It's a STUNNING movie.

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
Call me seriously let down. I've had high hopes on this set and was really pushing it, but this is a huge disappointment.

Very disappointed in the fact they went from an awesome list of maybe's, to what appeared to be at least a solid list, to just a handful of signers. Frown

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kenneth Branagh signed in the Wild Wild West set

Posts: 78 | Location: cave on an island, usa | Registered: May 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nicnac:
quote:
I have been a Kenneth Branagh fanatic since middle school. After seeing his Hamlet, it was the first time I had viewed a film as a piece of art, and it inspired me to pursue a career in filmmaking.

Have you seen Conspiracy (2001) by him? It was an HBO movie about the top nazis discussing the final solution for the Jewish problem. It's a STUNNING movie.

Yes! I own this and I get chills every time I watch it. Amazing film!

quote:
Originally posted by RickSam:
Kenneth Branagh signed in the Wild Wild West set

I proudly own his Wild Wild West autograph card as well as his Harry Potter one as Gilderoy Lockhart! But I am always hungry for more!

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheMetatrOn:
No Kat Dennings, No Bueno.

same thoughts here...

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
If this is an example of the new UD product, to be followed shortly by a new restrictive distribution policy, they have a problem. Wink

Posts: 10399 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

In my opinion the only thing UD have done well consistently is under achieve.

I am not surprised at the Thor set or the distribution policy.

UD did similar things concerning the trading card games I used to play which contributed to either the games demise or loss of the licence.

TTFN

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
I actually liked Iron Man 2 by UD, but that was in my infancy as a Nonsport Card Collector.

Had I been more serious about the hobby then I probably would have been disappointed.

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
This kinda sucks... but as long as the autographs of Chris Hemsworth and Kenneth Brannagh are still part of this thing, I'm happy! Smile

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
UD is actually getting this one out on time as promised. Which is an odd 6 weeks before release.

The cards are live on Tuesday.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5080 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
you figure the movie people would be pissed that this is coming out so soon before the movie
- would have to contain some spoilers

good old UD Smile

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hcbrewer:
you figure the movie people would be pissed that this is coming out so soon before the movie
- would have to contain some spoilers

good old UD Smile

Actually... No. They movie people see merchandising as advertisement for the movie.

The toys are already hitting shelves.

I doubt the cards will have significant spoilers. Which means they will probably be a weak base set.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5080 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Have the odds on autos and sketches been posted anywhere for the hobby boxes? I doubt I am buying any at this point as I have no idea what to expect. When you don't hear much, it's usually not a good thing.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Have the odds on autos and sketches been posted anywhere for the hobby boxes? I doubt I am buying any at this point as I have no idea what to expect. When you don't hear much, it's usually not a good thing.

Last I heard, the ratio of auto cards was the same as the upcoming Captain America, 1:280 packs. My question has to do with retail boxes. Are the autos really 1:2800?

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
Well the set is supposedly live but I can't find any images of the cards. Not many people must have bought the set because there is nothing on ebay. My cases don't get to me till Monday so it's gonna be a painful week!

But an image that I did find was of a sealed box.

Pic courtesy of dcardworld.

On the box it says...
3 Of the Following Per Box:
Autographs of stars in the movie
Special Costume Cards
Artist Sketch Cards

So this implies that there may now be a sketch in every box to go with the 2 costumes, unless there will just be a 3rd costume card per box. It doesn't mention the film card at all so it can't be counting that. I'll be interested to see how it turns out!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: robomole,

Picture of RAMolinelli
posted Hide Post
I haven't moved ONE return yet which kind of disheartens me as an artist as I worked my A$$ off on this set and Marvel Beginnings........

Posts: 472 | Location: Outer Space | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
Yay, images have begun to surface on ebay! The cards look fantastic in my opinion. Also there is a printing plate that has been posted as well. Looks like there is a new insert that we didn't know about. Awesome!

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well the set is supposedly live but I can't find any images of the cards. Not many people must have bought the set because there is nothing on ebay. My cases don't get to me till Monday so it's gonna be a painful week!

But an image that I did find was of a sealed box.

Pic courtesy of dcardworld.

On the box it says...
3 Of the Following Per Box:
Autographs of stars in the movie
Special Costume Cards
Artist Sketch Cards

So this implies that there may now be a sketch in every box to go with the 2 costumes, unless there will just be a 3rd costume card per box. It doesn't mention the film card at all so it can't be counting that. I'll be interested to see how it turns out!

Uh oh... the way the box reads it sounds like you get 3 autographs, 3 costume cards, and 3 sketch cards per box, not a mixture across the three inserts.

Posts: 1570 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post