Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Thor Movie Trading Cards
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thor Movie Trading Cards
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Two dollars per sketch? Well I don't know if that's the going rate or not, but I doubt that any well known artist would be tempted by that price. However new artists would do it just for the experience and recognition, so it doesn't mean that the sketch quality won't be good.

Posts: 10381 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
weither it's 1.50$ or 6$, it's not worthy of all the time and effort a majority of artists put into their work.
most do it by interest, to be involved in a franchise or recognition even if that should be an 'offspring' and not a main goal. I think there is room for improvement. My humble opinion.

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
Sketches and autographs do nothing for me but raise the cost of buying packs or boxes and assembling sets. I can't afford new boxes anymore and the price of individual packs,when you can find them, is getting ridiculous. I am getting to where I don't enjoy the hobby anymore.

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EriktheArchitect:
Sketches and autographs do nothing for me but raise the cost of buying packs or boxes and assembling sets. I can't afford new boxes anymore and the price of individual packs,when you can find them, is getting ridiculous. I am getting to where I don't enjoy the hobby anymore.

If you don't collect sketches or autographs you should be in heaven! There are a TON of collectors and dealers who only collect those things and blow out packs for little or nothing. Try posting on Scoundrel's thread for any sets you are interested in packs from and I'm sure you'll have lots of people more than willing to help you out.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Have a look on Ebay.There are a number of sellers with boxes and cases that have been searched for autos and sketches.They sell for about 10% of the retail price.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
I read on UD forum that they have in hands the pair of Loki knives and Thor stunt hammer. They have not decide the direction with those props yet (redemption to get the memorabilia or prop cards) that are vey cool by the way.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post
quote:

If your not into the sketches or autos then the hobby super cheap for you. Most people that crack keep a set for themselves and get rid of the rest for next to nothing. I donate all my excess cards to Chop, St. Christopher's and St. Mary's Medical Center. Last year I donated 40 cases of cards base cards from Marvel 70th, Indy & SW Galaxy 5.

Posts: 575 | Location: USA | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

The set sounds great, I know a lot of people didn't like the Iron Man 2 set but I really did.

I think I might look at the Thor set if I enjoy the movie. I would love to get my hands on a Portman auto.

TTFN

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Many artists also get commissions based on their sketch cards. So, it pays in the long run to do great work in a regular release. I'm sure Waterhouse doesn't get as many sketch requests as say, Katie Cook. Smile

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
At 1 auto per case maybe UD will get at least a couple of good signers.

I think I want a Dennings more than a Portman. More likely we'll get Colm Feore and Chris Hemsworth.

My, how times have changed. I suddenly find myself desperately hoping Portman signs for this set. Has there been any news on signers yet?

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
My, how times have changed. I suddenly find myself desperately hoping Portman signs for this set. Has there been any news on signers yet?

I know that Chris Hemsworth will sign so far.

I have doubt about Portman with her busy schedule and her pregnancy but this is my own feeling.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

I really hope Portman signs, I will be bitterly disappointed if she doesn't.

I am however ready to embrace my disappointment.

TTFN

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
As a Kenneth Branagh nut I am desperately hoping he signs for this set. They got Faverau to sign for Iron Man 2 so Upper Deck does approach directors which gives me hope. Kenneth also signed for Wild Wild West and Harry Potter so he should be open to the idea.

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:
quote:

I know that Chris Hemsworth will sign so far.

I have doubt about Portman with her busy schedule and her pregnancy but this is my own feeling.

To be honest, I'm not expecting her to sign, but up until recently I only had minimal interest on if she signed or not. Even if by some chance she does sign it will sadly be a sticker and probably come 1 in 25 cases, maybe even more difficult if the odds of any autograph is already just 1 per case.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Signers for this set include Natalie Portman, Renee Russo, Sir Anthony Hopkins and Chris Hemsworth according to the solicit information I saw at a card seller site, copied below.

"Feel the power of the Norse Gods as the Mighty Thor wields the power of Mjolnir this May in Marvel's long-awaited Thor movie! This 90-card trading card base set captures the hype and excitement of this anticipated film with images and scenes taken from the Kenneth Branagh-helmed film. Look for cards autographed by the film's actors, including Natalie Portman, Sir Anthony Hopkins, Chris Hemsworth, and Rene Russo, and look for the bonus memorabilia cards that feature costume pieces worn in the film. Collect all 13 cards of the Thor Original Art subset, plus unique artist sketch cards, movie poster cards, and comic cover cards. 7 cards per pack, 24 packs per box."

So cool.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 105 | Location: Mechanicsville | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
sorry to be nagative everyone
but upper-deck really angers me
they promise autographs they know will never be in the product
shame on them

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
I would be quite surprised to see more than her pants in the product!Still a parcel of hope...sticky parcelWink

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

Have Upper Deck offered autographs before that did not appear in the set? If so who and what set?

I shall start worshipping the Norse Gods in we get a Portman signature and pieceworks cards (Don't think I want he pants though, or do we mean trousers).

Thanks

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
The current Diamond Previews has these solicited and MSRP is $3.99/pack does this sound about right?

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Packrat
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to this set and the movie!

Posts: 25 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post