Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Thor Movie Trading Cards
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thor Movie Trading Cards
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
I'm somewhat surprised by some of the negative comments I've read on both this thread and the Marvel Beginnings thread. I've just finished going through the IM2 Box Breakdown thread and people were raving about the job UD did on that product.

I find it odd that people would question UD's ability to do a decent set, especially based on their last effort.

I'm down for both sets, as Thor and the Fantastic Four were basically the two comics I collected growing up.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by william291077:
The more I see from this set the further it creeps up my wants list. I can't wait for it's release.

Jason your technique is really impressive and I must admit I would love to obtain one of these cards in my packs.

Thank you for your kind words. The exact number escapes me, but I did less that 40 total cards for this set.

Posts: 70 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
The following names have been confirmed so far as signers for the upcoming Thor Movie trading card product:

Chris Hemsworth (Stars as Thor, and also played George Kirk in the last Star Trek movie)
Kenneth Branagh (Director, and three-time Oscar nominee)
Clark Gregg (Agent Phil Coulson, recurring character who plays the same character in both Iron Man films and will be in the same role in upcoming Marvel films The Avengers and Nick Fury)
Tom Hiddleston (Loki, will play same character in The Avengers)
Joshua Dallas (Fandral)

Product Highlights:

Collect pieces of the movie!
- Two (2) movie memorabilia cards or autographs per box!
*Includes pants worn in the movie by Natalie Portman (Jane Foster), shirts worn by Chris Hemsworth (Thor) and more!
*Get a piece of Thor's Cape, Odin's Leathers, and more!
- Chase one-of-a-kind artist sketch cards from some of the greatest comic artists in the industry!
- Get one (1) PETG movie cell card per box showcasing dramatic scenes from the movie!
- Collect cards showcasing classic Thor comic book covers!

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Sigh, that's exactly what I was expecting to see when confirmed signers were announced. I was really hoping I'd be wrong and we would get what was announced earlier. Ah well, at least I didn't order any yet. Roll Eyes

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arvin Sloane:
I find it odd that people would question UD's ability to do a decent set, especially based on their last effort.

People have longer memories than the 'last effort.' At least we hope people do. Upper Deck has had some ... terrible outings in recent years.

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
Portman was too good to be trueFrown

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nicnac:
quote:

People have longer memories than the 'last effort.' At least we hope people do. Upper Deck has had some ... terrible outings in recent years.

Instead of relying on memory people should do some actual research. The internet lets people checkout sites such as Scoundrel Art Community and our artist friends love showing each other the cards they've done for this set. There's a full page of artists who've posted all of their work for this set and I went through each and every listing. There isn't a bad card in the bunch. I'd also advise you to checkout the comments made by Lord Mesa concerning the "New Upper Deck", I think you'll be surprised.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
There's a full page of artists who've posted all of their work for this set and I went through each and every listing. There isn't a bad card in the bunch. I'd also advise you to checkout the comments made by Lord Mesa concerning the "New Upper Deck", I think you'll be surprised.

Hope you're right and the sketches sell this product because the announced autograph list so far is too thin and costume cards don't get collectors excited anymore. I think that adding a big name signer, even if limited, and maybe a nice prop card would go a long way here.

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
There's a full page of artists who've posted all of their work for this set and I went through each and every listing. There isn't a bad card in the bunch. I'd also advise you to checkout the comments made by Lord Mesa concerning the "New Upper Deck", I think you'll be surprised.

Hope you're right and the sketches sell this product because the announced autograph list so far is too thin and costume cards don't get collectors excited anymore. I think that adding a big name signer, even if limited, and maybe a nice prop card would go a long way here.

As it stands right now this is basically the same as IM2, except this set has an additional signer. No chest plate yet, but the hammer, say the shaft similar to the Buffy stake would be nice. The sketches are very high quality and that was what everyone raved about last time, so I'm sure that will be big this time around as well.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Count me in for a master set.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
I was hoping desperately for the Portman autograph Frown

Will still buy some product just not as much I am afraid.

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:
Count me in for a master set.

Good luck!

Posts: 575 | Location: USA | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Here is the list of signers so far:

Chris Hemsworth - Thor
Tom Hiddleston - Loki
Clark Gregg - Agent Phil Coulson
Joshua Dallas - Fandral
Kat Dennings - Darcy
Ray Stevenson - Volstagg
Jamie Alexander - Sif
Tadanobu Asano - Hogun
Colm Feore - Laufey
Kenneth Branaugh - Director

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kat Dennings?!?! Is this 100% confirmed?

Posts: 131 | Location: USA | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheMetatrOn:

That makes 2 of us who would like to know. If she is a signer there will be at least 1 card I'll be hunting down. Smokin'

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
quote:
Originally posted by TheMetatrOn:

That makes 2 of us who would like to know. If she is a signer there will be at least 1 card I'll be hunting down. Smokin'

Only auto I would like from the posted list Smile

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10450 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:
Here is the list of signers so far:

Chris Hemsworth - Thor
Tom Hiddleston - Loki
Clark Gregg - Agent Phil Coulson
Joshua Dallas - Fandral
Kat Dennings - Darcy
Ray Stevenson - Volstagg
Jamie Alexander - Sif
Tadanobu Asano - Hogun
Colm Feore - Laufey
Kenneth Branaugh - Director

Source?

I'm getting none of this "comfirmed" information from my distributors. Not that it surprises me...

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5082 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
Well if the new signer list is accurate, then it must be safe to say that there will be more than one autograph in a case which is pretty cool!

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
I had to look up who Kat Dennings was, am I totally out of touch?

I still don't understand the excitement.

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Source?

UD