Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Prometheus anyone??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prometheus anyone??
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted
Ridley Scott's Prometheus is generating A LOT of buzz right now after the release of it's first preview.

Far too few movie sets are released these days, I would love to see one for Prometheus.

Auto's would be brilliant if they could get them:

Noomi Rapace
Charlize Theron
Michael Fassbender

The fact that this is an Alien prequel (even though it's been denied, it's definatly related) already gives it a large fan base and these are collecting type people, many having Sideshow Statues/Hot Toys figures.

I think this could be a great set, though of course it also depends on how good the movie is. The Spirit and Terminator Salvation were failures because the movies weren't very good, however I think Prometheus will be a good film.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I totally second you on that one.
"Prometheus" and "The Hobbit" are the only two movies I really want to see this year at the cinema.
I hope there will be sets for both of those movies.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I'd be all over this one.

But I doubt it will happen. There just isn't much speculating on movies going on right now by manufacturers.

The Hobbit will undoubtedly get made. Topps remembers LotR and the money it made them all too well.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5082 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Mixed feeling on this one because prequels are even less likely than sequels to be any good. Does anyone really think we needed Star Wars I - III, or this year's Thing, or Butch and Sundance? Big Grin

And to be accurate, both AVP movies are supposed to be Alien and Predator prequels, and they were awful. Of course they weren't directed by Ridley Scott and didn't have this cast of stars. Wink The AVP films did have card sets though. For that matter so did all of the 4 movies in the Alien franchise.

Still it would be better if Prometheus stood on its own because there is no Ripley character and that more than the creatures is what made Alien and Aliens so great.

As for a card set, I seriously doubt it. If no company has stepped up to do Avatar yet, plus its planned sequels, who's going to risk it for Prometheus?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
The Alien vs Predator films are separate to Alien and the fact that they are awful films is the exact reason that they are distancing Prometheus from them.

Ripley was the star of the Alien films, yet the 3rd and 4th films were pretty awful.

This film will focus on the ship that landed on the planet first found on Alien and the creatures that created that ship, there wont actually be the same Aliens.

I think Topp's were crazy to cancel Avatar. I know this set would be unlikely, yet I can't stop thinking what a great set they could make.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
As for a card set, I seriously doubt it. If no company has stepped up to do Avatar yet, plus its planned sequels, who's going to risk it for Prometheus?[/QUOTE]

one specific company owns the rights to Avatar and they won't even release it to make DVD's (etc) for this movie - unless made specifically by them

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
I would prefer a Batman and a Hobbit Movie card set this year.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sidewinder:
The Alien vs Predator films are separate to Alien and the fact that they are awful films is the exact reason that they are distancing Prometheus from them.

(Right, the 2 AVP films are not consider part of the Alien series, but in terms of chronological order they would have been prequels. The character of Weyland played by Lance Henricksen (also in Aliens) was even presented as a link in the first AVP.)

Ripley was the star of the Alien films, yet the 3rd and 4th films were pretty awful.

(Right, that's why I only said Alien and Aliens were great. Wink Alien3 by David Fincher was too allegorical and just destroyed the plot presented by Aliens. It was not scary or exciting, it was just bleak and depressing. Alien fans hated it. Alien Resurrection did have some nice scenes, but felt thrown together. Ryder was a total mistake. It was far from good, but they might have been able to return the story to Earth if they had done a fifth.)

This film will focus on the ship that landed on the planet first found on Alien and the creatures that created that ship, there wont actually be the same Aliens.

(Now this I don't understand because that ship and its crew were obviously brought down by the Aliens in the first Alien. The Alien nest was found in the bottom of the ship. The skeleton of the Pilot was a huge elephant like creature that had been killed by a chest burster, so how can there be no Aliens in Prometheus? For that matter, what race are the human actors playing, certainly not the Pilot's race?)

I think Topp's were crazy to cancel Avatar. I know this set would be unlikely, yet I can't stop thinking what a great set they could make.

(I agree, I was really looking forward to this set, but I don't think Avatar was very well marketed at all. Just a few action figures, some small merchandise, and of course several versions of DVD collections. For a film that made that much money you would expect a lot more tie ins.)

My comments are in parenthesis because I can't figure out how to change type color. Red Face

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
The plotline for Prometheus is pretty tight lipped still, though there are plenty of theories. Theres been one image released of a very humanoid looking character walking near the empty space jockey seat, have you seen it? Some speculation is that the elephant being seen in Alien was a biological suit rather than a creature.

I don't know how long prior to Alien this is supposed to be set, but I would say its prior to their contact with the aliens we know.

Im just really looking forward to this film.

As for Batman, wouldn't it be great to get at least one set??