Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Guardians of the Galaxy
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guardians of the Galaxy
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted
Was asked by my dealer if I wanted any of this product. Does anyone have any info on who has signed for this set, as it is supposedly going to have autographs, as well as autographed memorabilia.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Typical Upper Deck Product.

No checklist, but orders are due.

But, their track record of getting decent signers is pretty good. Not Downey or Johannson good, but still pretty good.

Oh, and I skipped Marvel Premier and shifted my funds to this one. At least it should be fun to open.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I wish Cryptozoic, Rittenhouse, etc would get these licenses.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ts:
I wish Cryptozoic, Rittenhouse, etc would get these licenses.

Why?

I've been quite pleased with the movie sets from Upper Deck. The only thing I really have a complaint with is sketches that have nothing to do with the product. But that's more Marvel's problem than Upper Deck I think.

Rittenhouse I can understand wanting to have a go at it. They do seem to be able to pull off the bigger names.

As for Cryptozoic, I'm sorry but as much as I like their products having a set come out a year or more after the movie is unacceptable. Until they get that part worked out, I'm not a fan of their movie sets.

Ed

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of monkeyafterdark
posted Hide Post
The only thing that really bothers me about this release is that there won't be a full base set in each box. At the price that UD asks, that would seem a minimum.
But still, the movie looks like it'll be undeniable fun. I might feel convinced after all to get a few GotG boxes.

Posts: 154 | Location: Belgium | Registered: September 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
But, their track record of getting decent signers is pretty good. Not Downey or Johannson good, but still pretty good.

The problem with UD is not their ability to get decent signers, it's their inability to seed autographs at a rate that non-case buyers actually have a shot at getting one.

Posts: 3 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MEDuell:
quote:

The problem with UD is not their ability to get decent signers, it's their inability to seed autographs at a rate that non-case buyers actually have a shot at getting one.

This.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

On the nose.

UD has produced some really nice and desirable autograph cards, particularly for the Marvel movie sets. But the odds of pulling any of them at the insertion ratios without investing in a case are long and the price of picking them up individually is strictly for people who don't have to worry about all the better things they could be doing with that money, like pay the rent.

I am a big autograph card collector, and I like UD's autograph cards, but with no guarantee of ever getting one, I am just not interested in products that are most likely to contain only costume or sketch hits.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Captain America: The Winter Soldier had 3-4 autos per case. I can live with that ratio if it keeps the likes of the Subway Violinist and Garbage Man out of the set completely.

Guaranteeing an auto per box almost always guarantees a number of autos that nobody really cares about.

Ed

Picture of dstrohmeng
posted Hide Post
I picked up a rack pack at Walmart today. I never saw the Captain America: The Winter Soldier cards. Did that get a retail release?

Posts: 380 | Location: Buffalo | Registered: February 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
Yes Winter Soldier was at retail as well. Don't recall it appearing almost a month before the hobby came out though, that is crazy to me. Can't wait for August 27th following when I get to see the move on release weekend, gonna be HUGE!

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Don't wait 'til the 27th if you want to see this opening weekend. It opens on August 1st, so next Friday.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Movie is almost here! WOOT WOOT, now have to wait another month for the cards!

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flag City Collectibles:
Movie is almost here! WOOT WOOT, now have to wait another month for the cards!

The retail version of the cards is already out in some areas.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So OK, you notice that disclaimer on all the card and autograph images. All subjects, all images, all autographs subject to change.

In other words those cards and autographs are mock ups that may not be in product at all. I guess that is after the fall out for picturing a ScarJo autograph card pre-sale Avengers when it never existed.

Otherwise those autograph cards look very nice, if they turn out to be real. Wink

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAMolinelli
posted Hide Post

Just a sample of my Guardians of the Galaxy cards that were approved. I did 40 regular sketch cards and 5 5x7 Oversized sketches. Will be posting scans on www.richmolinelli.com really soon! ‪

Posts: 472 | Location: Outer Space | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice cards Rich,

Love all the sketches especially the oversized ones I have seen so far.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
Anyone knows if the autograph are signed on card, they seem a bit different than their recent normal stickers? Any news on auto ratio for those who opened some? thx

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DavidDeb:
Anyone knows if the autograph are signed on card, they seem a bit different than their recent normal stickers? Any news on auto ratio for those who opened some? thx

They're either stickers or panels that are embedded in the cardboard, as apposed to just being stuck on top. Seems like autos are falling 2-3 per case.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post