Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Viceroy Cards - Space!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Viceroy Cards - Space!
 Login/Join

Picture of SBelcher
posted
Can't believe there isn't a post about this set yet!
It was announced on another forum, so I'm just copying the details as posted over there. Hope no one minds.

Set Release Date: 1st quarter 2013

Set Details:

Box Breakdown/Insert Rates:

Premium artist drawn sketch on thick, letterpress card stock packed in a magnetic holder (1 per box)
Space themed stamp relic card (1 per box)
Insert #2 (to be announced)
Insert #3 (to be announced)
Letterpress Sketch Card Printing Plates (8 total plates inserted randomly across print run: 4 front, 3 back Standard design, 1 back Artist Proof design)
Letterpress Sketch Card Film Negatives (8 total negatives inserted randomly across print run: 4 front, 3 back Standard design, 1 back Artist Proof design)

Case Breakdown:

10 boxes per case
Case Hit: Guaranteed minimum of one sketch per case from the following group of artists:
Charles Hall
Rhiannon Owens
Tim Shay
Gary Kezele
Tim Proctor

Preorders available soon!

Posts: 281 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cool! Their Cryptids release was really well done. Looking forward to this one, too. Thumb Up

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
While I was not interested in the subject matter I ccould appreciate the quality of the product.The space theme is more to my taste and I will definitely get some of these.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Portlaw
posted Hide Post
I was in contact with Viceroy and they said they hope to have pre orders available in the next couple weeks and they will be offering first pre orders to those who bought their first product from them so a big thumbs up to Viceroy for that Thumb Up

Posts: 77 | Location: Ireland | Registered: September 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
Well that's no good. I hadn't even heard of Cryptids until after it had sold out. Here's hoping there's some left for the rest of us Razz

Posts: 281 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Portlaw:
I was in contact with Viceroy and they said they hope to have pre orders available in the next couple weeks and they will be offering first pre orders to those who bought their first product from them so a big thumbs up to Viceroy for that Thumb Up

Cool, I hope that single pack I bought qualifies me for the pre-order! Wave

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
this looks like fun, I will have to watch out for it

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
I'm interested in this set.
I've always been a space cadet. LOL

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Portlaw
posted Hide Post
Pre-orders are up Big Grin

http://www.viceroycards.com/order.html

Only 3 cases and 4 boxes left

Posts: 77 | Location: Ireland | Registered: September 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
Sold out in 5 hours... this is why I hate big time buyers. Can't wait to see how much they will be charging on eBay and BO - reaping profits for doing nothing but being a middle man.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Five hours??? Confused

I was able to pre-order two packs yesterday and it was more than five hours after first notification. Man, I better not have got skunked, as my Paypal payment went through. Frown

Picture of Portlaw
posted Hide Post
Well the the pre-sales to past customers were up yesterday but for everyone else was 5 ours ago so a lot of the product was gone already

Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
It's all good. Now I've got a couple hundred to spend on a different than set.
Hope you guys hit some beauties!

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Bit annoyed as one of the previous messages from 5 days ago said pre-orders in a couple of weeks Frown so I was not looking out for this set yet.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Portlaw
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Bit annoyed as one of the previous messages from 5 days ago said pre-orders in a couple of weeks Frown so I was not looking out for this set yet.

When I said in the next couple of weeks I assumed it was taken that it would include any day up to the next couple of weeks eg. between the minute I posted and 14 days.

There's is a discussion on BO about it and the first set didn't sell out for 2 months so a lot of people thought they would have time.

BO and Solarfly will have some of this product made available through them accourding to Viceroy so there's still a chance then Smile

Picture of Portlaw
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:

I do apologise for not being clearer though, I understand I didn't put in the clearest terms

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBelcher:
Sold out in 5 hours... this is why I hate big time buyers. Can't wait to see how much they will be charging on eBay and BO - reaping profits for doing nothing but being a middle man.

From what was mentioned by Viceroy on Blowout, the largest order was 2 cases...nothing to really complain about as far as "big time buyers" goes.

Unfortunately, things kinda go like this in the early days of some of the new companies. Take a look back on 5finity's earlier releases and there were 2-3 times the product being snapped up in an hour or less. It is a difficult balance in making sure that the company sells out AND can satisfy the demand. Any company would rather leave a little money on the table instead of having it sit on their shelf.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
It actually stated that no order was larger than 3 cases and "a couple" orders for two cases. That does not include 110 boxes allocated to Blowout and SolarFly.

Twenty percent minimum winds up in the hands of distributors that they really don't need, not including now many of the 2 and 3 case orders will be flipped unopened.

I can understand why they opted for a guaranteed sellout rather than risk sitting on product, I just wish they had a little more faith in their own concept. If you can't move 550 packs for less than $25 each, the subject matter needs revision.

It's entirely their prerogative to sell their product how they see fit. I simply disagree with how this was handled and will choose to support other companies.

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBelcher:
It actually stated that no order was larger than 3 cases and "a couple" orders for two cases.

Actually I reread what they wrote again, which was:

"No order from our online sales was more than 3 cases when the ordering window was open"

It is a strange distinction they are making. The qualification of 'when the ordering window was open' implies there were larger orders before the 'ordering window was open.' I guess that could mean during the presale, or it could mean the stock they sold to blowout and Solarfly.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
I thought it was a bit odd and was assuming it was in reference to the Blowout / SolarFly allocation because "Online sales" "ordering window" was for both presale times. That's why I referenced the allocation numbers, not expecting Viceroy would tell us they received 10% (each? again assuming).

This is why, when I was running the numbers earlier, I assumed about half a dozen orders were for three cases. It would still allow about 20 orders for single cases accounting for over half the orders placed, not including BO/SF allocation as 'orders'.