Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Viceroy Cards - Space!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Viceroy Cards - Space!
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I am sure I will still get a few packs unless the markup is too high Smile .

I can't blame Viceroy for taking guaranteed bulk sales,it really helps with the cash flow of a small company.

What I think this really shows is that the concept of a set is crucial.Their first set took longer to sell because a lot of collectors(like me) were not interested in the subject matter.This set had a broader and more populist subject and so sold out very quickly.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
quote:
Originally posted by SBelcher:
It actually stated that no order was larger than 3 cases and "a couple" orders for two cases.

Actually I reread what they wrote again, which was:

"No order from our online sales was more than 3 cases when the ordering window was open"

It is a strange distinction they are making. The qualification of 'when the ordering window was open' implies there were larger orders before the 'ordering window was open.' I guess that could mean during the presale, or it could mean the stock they sold to blowout and Solarfly.
I think you and SBelcher are over analysing a very simple statement. I very much doubt if Viceroy were doing anything sinister, sneaky, underhand or misleading. For the two of you to infer from that one line that there were larger sales before or after the 'ordering window' really is just a bad case of conspiracy theory thinking.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
I can't blame Viceroy for taking guaranteed bulk sales,it really helps with the cash flow of a small company.

What I think this really shows is that the concept of a set is crucial.Their first set took longer to sell because a lot of collectors(like me) were not interested in the subject matter.This set had a broader and more populist subject and so sold out very quickly.
What he said Thumb Up

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
quote:
quote:
It actually stated that no order was larger than 3 cases and "a couple" orders for two cases.

Actually I reread what they wrote again, which was:

"No order from our online sales was more than 3 cases when the ordering window was open"

It is a strange distinction they are making. The qualification of 'when the ordering window was open' implies there were larger orders before the 'ordering window was open.' I guess that could mean during the presale, or it could mean the stock they sold to blowout and Solarfly.
I think you and SBelcher are over analysing a very simple statement. I very much doubt if Viceroy were doing anything sinister, sneaky, underhand or misleading. For the two of you to infer from that one line that there were larger sales before or after the 'ordering window' really is just a bad case of conspiracy theory thinking.

Who said anything about sinister or sneaky, underhanded or misleading? Looks like you are over analyzing a very simple statement that I made.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

It is a strange distinction they are making. The qualification of ....

Who said anything about sinister or sneaky, underhanded or misleading?
Lol, you did when you used the terms 'a strange distinction' and 'The qualification of'. My reading of their statement was simply: from when we opened the online sales to the point where we sold out of boxes and cases, there were no orders larger than 3 cases. That's all they said. Where did they imply anything else ? You have somehow decided that something in that simple statement they made implies that there were larger orders before that when it does no such thing. Like I said, over analysing Angel

Picture of Portlaw
posted Hide Post
I saw the pre-order page when it was opened from the off and there were 30 cases and 100 packs available which is 400 packs that means the other 100 packs (10% of their production run) wasn't there, these are clearly what has been given to BO and Solarfly. So when they said there were no larger orders than 3 cases it would mean in my mind that out of the 90% they made available there were no more than 3 cases ordered Smile

Posts: 77 | Location: Ireland | Registered: September 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Portlaw
posted Hide Post
To finish of my post above

Therefore a cap or minimum wouldn't have made that much of a difference as no matter what way it was done somebody was always going to miss out. If it was done in packs and had a limit put on the amount of packs at 5 then maybe yeah everybody would get some but as a growing company I feel they needed to move onto cases and a lot of buyers bought the case for the guarantee of a 'top' sketch artist sketch which if it had been done in packs they mightn't have bought 10 so then they might actually be some still for sale like Cryptids

Posts: 77 | Location: Ireland | Registered: September 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:Lol, you did when you used the terms 'a strange distinction' and 'The qualification of'. My reading of their statement was simply: from when we opened the online sales to the point where we sold out of boxes and cases, there were no orders larger than 3 cases. That's all they said. Where did they imply anything else ? You have somehow decided that something in that simple statement they made implies that there were larger orders before that when it does no such thing. Like I said, over analysing Angel

Actually that's not all they said, but everything else said was on another board.

In its entirety my statement remains clear, I'm not sure why you are trying turn it in to something it isn't, or fight me on it. . .

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm not trying to fight you, I just don't understand why you are picking apart what they said Roll Eyes (nearest I could find to 'shrugs shoulders')

Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
Ask anyone that knows me... I over analyze everything. In this case, I wanted to know how much of this run will wind up in distributor or resellers hands, so I asked and Viceroy shared the information.

Posts: 281 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ask anyone that knows me... I over analyze everything.
Now that I can understand Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Maybe my luck with this release has changed Smile .I managed to get the last three packs Solarfly had available on their website at the same price I would have paid from Viceroy direct Dance .I have been checking their website daily and wanted to order 10 packs but only the three were left Frown .Still better than nothing and I reckon they will be selling for a lot more after release if indeed anyone is able to resist opening them Big Grin .

I have been checking Blowout as well but so far they do not seem to be selling them Confused or maybe they sold out so quick I missed it.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just found out that there was a P1 promo on this set. Was that the only promo ?

Has the company done other promos for other sets ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
From another thread about the Space promos in the promos section:

quote:
Originally posted by Viceroy:
This was the only promo released for our Space set (P1), and the first from us as a company. One promo card was included in each case, and one promo was also included in each order that came directly from us for packs of Space. Each promo card features artwork by Gary Kezele, has set info on the back, and is hand signed in gold ink by Gary Kezele as well.

There are a total of 300 signed promo cards, and Gary Kezele has some additional unsigned copies that he will have available to give out when he attends comic conventions and other events.

The promos were held back a bit as Space had already sold out prior to the cards being printed. We decided to take our time and have Gary sign them as a little added bonus.

Posts: 4 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: March 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
Really wish I had paid better attention to this set, looks like I missed out.

Posts: 147 | Location: NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Viceroy Cards has returned with a new Space Series 2 set

This is a Kickstarter which started today, and runs through August 5

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ordered a box of this . Looks great and the first set was outstanding. Love that they use very thick card stock for the sketches which allows artists to use different mediums.

posted Hide Post
Glad to see another set in the works, and it has already met the goal so it's a go!

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This has just been released

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
This was a great release. Opened two cases. Lot of nice sketches with some artists I was not familiar with. There are standard sketches which come one per pack and multi-panel versions that can be found as box toppers and case toppers. Cards with pieces of meteorites in them. Cut autographs of Astronauts and space related people. The boxes are metal. The big companies should take a look at the effort and quality that Viceroy puts into their products.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post