Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    GoT Complete Series Vol. 2
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GoT Complete Series Vol. 2
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted
So there will be a Game of Thrones The Complete Series, Volume 2 due out on 12/14/22. Since The Complete Series was released on 10/16/20 and didn't even say Volume 1, that's a surprise to me.

Anyway, its limited to 750 cases, with three autographs in every box, one autograph in every pack and one inscription in every box. That's another way of saying you are getting only 3 packs per box.

Want more bad news? There are Diana Rigg Cut Signature Cards in this one. Why is that bad? Well no one can complete the autograph card checklist, but up until now it was possible to get at least one of every signer, if you had started early on. I would venture to say that the very limited Rigg cut will come out beyond the reach for many/most GoT card collectors. So there goes the one thing you and I could complete.

There may be another card design in "Red/Sigil" autographs and of course the dual Daenerys/Jon Snow autograph card has finally appeared.

RA has it down as Sold-Out. Must be all that excitement generated by word of mouth. Big Grin

Posts: 10379 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted Hide Post
Looks like It's gonna have me priced out again. So much for this set as well

Posts: 809 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
RA has it down as Sold-Out. Must be all that excitement generated by word of mouth.

RA had it on the site for about a week before it popped up as Sold Out.

Does not surprise me though. I've had multiple inquiries from overseas about multiple case orders. With the language barrier, it's hard to explain to some of them it's Sold Out and they just won't make more.

I'd guess that 60% or more of this will go overseas.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Blowout has cases listed as 20 boxes times 750 = 15000 total times 3 autos per = 45000 autographs. Gonna be plenty of GoT sigs floating around for awhile. Current case price $4500 and box is $230

Can get the Artflex Metal card inserted one in every 50 boxes.

99 GOT Iron Anniversary Base Set (199-297) Expansion Cards (1:1 Packs) 60 per case and hope you don't get doubles.

99 Copper Iron Anniversary Base Set Parallel Expansion Cards (#'d to 99) 1 per 1.5 boxes
99 Gold Iron Anniversary Base Set Parallel Expansion Cards (#'d to 50) 1 per 3 boxes
99 Red Iron Anniversary Base Set Parallel Expansion Cards (#'d to 25) 1 per 6 boxes

Not sure if the 10 case incentive includes all three?

I mean I sort of get what the manufacturers are trying to do but the stupid prices along the impossibility to actually collect the set is killing my buzz. At these prices they should have the decency to remove the word "Trading".

Still it does make you think about the logistics of putting such a set into production.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mykdude,

Posts: 4848 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
This is why I stopped collecting. I have not bought a box in years. I think the last card I bought was maybe a year or two ago and that was a one off. I haven't been on ebay for years as well. The rising costs and the unattainable cards really put a bad taste in my mouth. I refuse to collect something like that. I refuse to give the companies (and flippers) my money when they do that. So, the hobby lost an obsessed collector because of it. Oh well, I'll sit here and be happy with my Xena cards and extra money. LOL!

Posts: 1951 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Not to sound cynical, but this seems to be an example of a company which has only about 3 licenses, and they are milking it for everything they've got. There are a few others which do the same. Glad that I don't collect GOT !

These daunting odds are such a turn off. Back in the 1990s, I collected all of the Marvel sets from Fleer/SkyBox. I was tempted to do the cards that Upper Deck released, once they took over. Thank goodness I did not, considering that they too are impossible to complete. No fun in that.

Posts: 3996 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a big GoT collector, this is where I jumped off. Iron Anniversary 2 was the end for me.

Posts: 67 | Location: TX | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:

Ed

I don't understand this Asian market. The show is finished and there is nothing but repeat autographs in the product. Most of them worth less than $25. Is this stuff new to them?

Sure, if you pull a Clarke or Rigg signature you make money, but that's only if you sell of course. And you aren't going to pull one, don't expect it. I wasted a lot on the Iron boxes I busted in both series. Now a retail of $230 for one more autograph card, but you will never come close to making the base.

And it sells out, guaranteeing more of the same. Let the overseas market have it all.

Posts: 10379 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
Blowout has cases listed as 20 boxes times 750 = 15000 total times 3 autos per = 45000 autographs. Gonna be plenty of GoT sigs floating around for awhile. Current case price $4500 and box is $230

Can get the Artflex Metal card inserted one in every 50 boxes.

99 GOT Iron Anniversary Base Set (199-297) Expansion Cards (1:1 Packs) 60 per case and hope you don't get doubles.

99 Copper Iron Anniversary Base Set Parallel Expansion Cards (#'d to 99) 1 per 1.5 boxes
99 Gold Iron Anniversary Base Set Parallel Expansion Cards (#'d to 50) 1 per 3 boxes
99 Red Iron Anniversary Base Set Parallel Expansion Cards (#'d to 25) 1 per 6 boxes

Not sure if the 10 case incentive includes all three?

I mean I sort of get what the manufacturers are trying to do but the stupid prices along the impossibility to actually collect the set is killing my buzz. At these prices they should have the decency to remove the word "Trading".

Still it does make you think about the logistics of putting such a set into production.

The 10 case incentive is a metal parallel version of the 99 cards and would figure they are #/99 just like Iron Anniversary 1 and 2 metal sets.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:
The 10 case incentive is a metal parallel version of the 99 cards and would figure they are #/99 just like Iron Anniversary 1 and 2 metal sets.

And it can be had for a mere $45,000 investment. Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:

And it can be had for a mere $45,000 investment. Big Grin

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Let me go bust open my spare change bottle!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mykdude,

Posts: 4848 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I guess the only surprise to this now is that they didn't add "Premium" or "Limited" to the end of the name, but then, they didn't need to. Apparently, they've already got the attention of hipsters and gamblers all over the world. $250 is nothing to them. They buy bottles of wine for that and spend that going out to dinner. "Oh look, they want $250 for this box of a few packs of cards. I might get an autograph of my favorite Game of Thrones character. If I don't, it all goes in the fireplace in front of my friends."

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
As there will be a set for the new House of the Dragon, I wonder whether this will be the last flogging of the GoT dead horse. Surely it has to be.
There's just not enough in this set to even get my attention, beyond an eye roll Roll Eyes and groan. Smile

Now, had they made this a true sort of last set and put in everything they have left hanging around, and perhaps a proper box with maybe 4-5 autos...which they could easily do with all the low end actor cards that fill out the majority of the sets, without breaking sweat, it might have got me intrigued.
However, I have all the main signers, and the ones I was interested in, and often more than once, so I can't justify the premium price with the high likelihood of getting more dross hits and there's no sensible chance of even putting together a base set as a consolation.

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:
RA has it down as Sold-Out. Must be all that excitement generated by word of mouth.

RA had it on the site for about a week before it popped up as Sold Out.

Does not surprise me though. I've had multiple inquiries from overseas about multiple case orders. With the language barrier, it's hard to explain to some of them it's Sold Out and they just won't make more.

Ed

I’d be willing to bet that a lot of the product is going to mostly sports card dealers too.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
One week from the release date and RA has still not dropped the checklist. This should no longer be unexpected, its what they are doing. No need to post checklists on products that are sold out almost as soon as they are announced.

Two things are a bit different for me. I have yet to get a solid price on my box order, they don't know what to charge, and it looks like some reliable breakers will not be breaking because their cases are sold out too. That's just the impression I'm getting from my sources, I don't pretend to understand it myself. The more cards we have, the more they cost, and that is the opposite of what you usually get with increasing supplies and generally diminishing demand.

One last observation before release. We still have no indication of a dual autograph card from Clarke and Dinklage. It's not on the list for this one, which you would expect if it was in there. I would like that card over the Harington dual myself. So either RA never got it, which I doubt, or its being held back for, you guessed it, the next one. Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Two words "Flexible Pricing"

New product is simply a waste of money for me as a collector. Card companies don't sell to us any more.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Checklist is posted now, some images missing yet. Lots of printing plates. By my count there are at least 11 new signers besides the Rigg cut. I don't know them as actors and couldn't even remember the characters they played.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So to continue the exciting news, the Red Sigli design has a round framed photo with the signature in thin, red ink. Red ink is probably the hardest to hold up long term.

Forget about making any base set unless you buy it complete. In addition to the 72-card base set for Complete Volume 2, this includes a 99-card base set for Iron Expansion. Plus, Complete Volume 2 has 2 levels of parallels, and the Iron Expansion has 3 levels of parallels.

And if that's not enough, besides the various insert sets, there are 49 Inflexions Base Expansion parallels in 2 levels.

Just cry "Uncle" folks and be done with it. I am. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Indeed. Iron Ann 2 was the last for me.

Posts: 67 | Location: TX | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Another guess which set I was supposed to be in autograph list.