Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    GoT Complete Series Vol. 2
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GoT Complete Series Vol. 2
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So for those still keeping count, as near as I have it with the current checklist that may be amended, there is now a total of 1045 different autograph cards in all Got products released.

In Complete 2 there are 13 new signers on a total of 27 different cards. There are 104 signed cards in combined designs. New signers are as follows:

Trevor Allan Davies/Fennesz - 2 cards
Jazzy de Lisser/Tansy - 2 cards
Edward Dogliana/Lord of Bones Seasons 2 & 3 - 2 cards
Kevin Eldon/Camello - 1 card
Brian Fortune/Othell Yarwyck - 2 cards
Eddie Jackson/Belicho Paenymion - 2 cards
Dean S. Jagger/Smalljon Umber - 4 cards
Wilko Johnson/Ser Ilyn Payne - 2 cards
Mark Lewis Jones/Shagga - 2 cards
Gerard Jordan/Biter - 2 cards
Ross Mullan/White Walker(s) - 2 cards
Joseph Naufahu/Khai Moro - 3 cards
Diana Rigg/Olrenna Tyrell - 1 cut card

I don't know which names are worse, the actor's or the character's. Big Grin The checklist doesn't breakdown the number of inscriptions for this one yet.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that, Raven

Wilko died just 3 weeks ago, outliving the 6 month terminal cancer diagnosis he was given in 2013 by over 8 years.

He was a pioneering punk rock guitarist in the 70's British group Dr. Feelgood.

Given his job role on the series, his character name which sounded like "ill & pain" was one of the most inspired names Martin ever came up with.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's great to hear about people who beat their grim diagnoses by several years. I remember a doctor told my mom my grandmother might not make it through the night after a stroke. She didn't quite make it to 94 but she not only made it through the night, she also lived another eight years.

quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Thanks for that, Raven

Wilko died just 3 weeks ago, outliving the 6 month terminal cancer diagnosis he was given in 2013 by over 8 years.

Given his job role on the series, his character name which sounded like "ill & pain" was one of the most inspired names Martin ever came up with.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks for that, Raven

They did a piece on Wilko on our regional news at the time it was revealed in 2015 before he did a benefit gig. He had a large pancreatic tumour...like a HUGE 3Kg in weight, but a doctor at Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge(UK) removed it and he lived all these years longer. Considering he was a rock guitarist from the 1970s that's still some feat. Smile
There's an article about it still on the BBC news website, don't know if the link will work:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-...bridgeshire-31516558

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Joseph Quinn rolling out with a $499 asking price. Stranger Thrones.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Has this been released yet ?

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
Yes, it’s out now. Released yesterday

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
There are 30 Diana Rigg cut autograph cards and we know this because 11/30 is up on eBay now. I would venture to say that not all 30 were seeded in product. The asking price is $10,000, but that's probably negotiable.

The card is not very attractive, but the cut gave me a good laugh. Somehow the cut contains the original inscription, which looks like "To Gasy". I'm sure that's not right. Maybe Rosy or Easy, but the handwriting can go any way you want. Anyway, personalizations always subtract from an autograph display, but it looks like they needed the extra paper to fill up the space.

It will be interesting to see some of the other cuts and figure out where they were taken from. This one looks like a plain white index card or sheet paper, hard to tell without the card in hand. The card design is better than RA's Connery cut, but still dreary looking with always those dark borders.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought it was "to Gary." Someone named Gary should buy it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/404052475320

Posts: 67 | Location: TX | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ctacker:
I thought it was "to Gary." Someone named Gary should buy it./QUOTE]

Gary makes more sense, Gasy is funnier. Big Grin

Yeah, that's why you never get anything personalized to your name unless you intend to keep it until death do you part.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It would be cheaper to pick up that signed Strictly Ink Avengers auto that Ms. Rigg did in the early 2010s. Not many were made (she autographed them at a UK show) but when they occasionally appear on ebay they have gone for $ 500 or less.

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So the Diana Rigg card is not in the packs ? Says on the RA website

Looking for the Diana Rigg Cut Signature Card? This oversized card is not found in the packs, but sealed in a 5x7 toploader inside of the box. Be sure to look under the box lid in case it got stuck in there.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
So the Diana Rigg card is not in the packs ? Says on the RA website

Looking for the Diana Rigg Cut Signature Card? This oversized card is not found in the packs, but sealed in a 5x7 toploader inside of the box. Be sure to look under the box lid in case it got stuck in there.

Beware of unscrupulous sellers. Years ago, I bought some Farscape boxes and the cellophane had been cut so it was just possible to see if it was an Archive box. They started putting the orange notification on the inside bottom of the box once I'd brought it to their attention. I can see the same problem with this release.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

Yeah, that's why you never get anything personalized to your name unless you intend to keep it until death do you part.

How about blood stains instead (lol...?)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/195526783982

Posts: 67 | Location: TX | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ctacker:
quote:

How about blood stains instead (lol…?)

What the @#$*?

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Yikes! I'm thinking that's a portion of something with a hill or horizon and there are houses or carts on top. Maybe? No idea what the white spaces on the bottom could be.

RA must have grabbed her autographs off anything. It's a judgement call. There is a big demand and their asking and people will probably pay thousands. Yet its a WTF looking card. Shake Head

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
Joseph Quinn rolling out with a $499 asking price. Stranger Thrones.

Either that card has massively crashed or it was wishful thinking, but I see them for under $100.

The good news is that boxes don't seem as expensive as first thought. The bad news is that 3 autographs are unlikely to go $60 each and there are 27 cards of new, but common signers. A lot of these will pop up.

We know the oversized Rigg autograph is just lying in the box, but it's my understanding that the dual Clarke/Harington card is also added outside the packs within a gold sealed hard plastic as an extra hit. Haven't heard if the signed Harington relic is packed out the same way. Be careful when you open these box covers and make sure the cellophane and seals are intact. Somebody is going to try to find anything extra, especially when it's the jackpots.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yikes! I'm thinking that's a portion of something with a hill or horizon and there are houses or carts on top. Maybe? No idea what the white spaces on the bottom could be.

RA must have grabbed her autographs off anything. It's a judgement call. There is a big demand and their asking and people will probably pay thousands. Yet its a WTF looking card. Shake Head

Here's the photo those (however many there are) were cut from:

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Good sleuthing CPF! That photo is from the wedding scene in "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" with George Lazenby. The signature is positioned on the hill portion, whereas the cut for sale has her autograph placed on the blue horizon, so she must have signed a few of them at her rare appearances. As far as I ever heard she was pretty disdainful of her Bond role, but she was just tough to get in general.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Good sleuthing CPF! That photo is from the wedding scene in "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" with George Lazenby. The signature is positioned on the hill portion, whereas the cut for sale has her autograph placed on the blue horizon, so she must have signed a few of them at her rare appearances. As far as I ever heard she was pretty disdainful of her Bond role, but she was just tough to get in general.

It’s funny, she must have mellowed as she aged. My wife and I went to see her in "My Fair Lady” when it was revived on Broadway in, I think 2018.
She graciously signed our Playbills after the play, and just in case, we brought an 8x10 of Oleanna Tyrell and Emma Peel, and she signed those for us too. She was very gracious and lovely to us. At any rate, I treasure those autographs.