Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    New Cryptozoic License to be Announced Saturday at the Philly Non-Sports Card Show
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Cryptozoic License to be Announced Saturday at the Philly Non-Sports Card Show
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Cryptozoic Entertainment will announcement a new license Saturday at the Philly Non-Sports Card Show. To coincide with this, and for those who can't make the show, we'll also have the news along with a brief interview on Saturday morning on the NSU blog.

Just for fun, anyone want to guess what it may be? I'll give you a clue....it's a cool retro title and has appeared in more then one medium though it is mostly known for just one.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
The Wombles? Big Grin

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Batman.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I agree with Wolfie. That new Batman '66 that has been coming out the past few months. I have seen comics and other merchandise in stores

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I doubt it's Batman since Harris said it's mostly known for just one medium. Batman doesn't fit that. I'm still thinking it out before I make my uneducated guess. Big Grin

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TMNT or a video game property?

Posts: 420 | Location: USA | Registered: October 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by non-sportcards:
TMNT or a video game property?

TMNT wouldn't be a surprise considering the upcoming movie.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I agree with Wolfie. That new Batman '66 that has been coming out the past few months. I have seen comics and other merchandise in stores

I'm going with Batman 66, as well. Although it's true that it's known for mostly one medium (duh, the 66' TV series!) 66' Batman has been everywhere for at least one full year now - comics, Wacky Woblers, etc. And I saw an awesome Julie Newmar as Catwoman licensed maquette at this year's Monsterpalooza. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dcole,

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'd have to agree with the majority here and say Batman......unfortunately regardless what it is, we probably wont see it released until 2015 at the earliest.

NON-SPORTS COLLECTION

Castle Complete Set (55/55=100%!)

Posts: 9 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: June 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
I also agree on Batman 1966.
(fingers crossed)

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Cannot be Batman 1966.

This wouldn't be a new license, Batman was already announced.

I'd settle for getting some sets out to the market that they've already announced.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Ed is right. Batman would not be a new announcement.

It will be on the blog in just a couple of hours or so. Smile

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Ghostbusters!!!

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Ghostbusters. Go read the blog at nsu-magazine.com for some further details.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Really?
Not my cup of tea, but to each their own.

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I always liked the second Ghostbusters movie better than the first. That means I should really like the next one!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I am sooooooooooooooooooooo excited about this. One of my top 5 favorite movies of all time!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I like it, but not sure what much they can do with it besides a base set, parallel and inserts.

I mean, are there any props or costumes to be availale at this late date? Maybe something could still be found.

And autographs are going to be real tough. Ernie Hudson is the only cast member that has done autograph cards in other sets. It would be fantastic to get Murray, Ackrold, Weaver, Moranes or Potts, but I kind of doubt it.

Rights to the animated series means sketches should be in it, but I am more interested in the two movies than the comics.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
I mean, are there any props or costumes to be availale at this late date?

The first time I met Ernie Hudson he wore his jumpsuit from the first film. I'm sure there's still memorabilia around.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
I would be very surprised if Sigourney Weaver signed.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post