Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
New Cryptozoic License to be Announced Saturday at the Philly Non-Sports Card Show

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/955604453/m/9797014076

May 01, 2014, 02:05 PM
H_Toser
New Cryptozoic License to be Announced Saturday at the Philly Non-Sports Card Show
Cryptozoic Entertainment will announcement a new license Saturday at the Philly Non-Sports Card Show. To coincide with this, and for those who can't make the show, we'll also have the news along with a brief interview on Saturday morning on the NSU blog.

Just for fun, anyone want to guess what it may be? I'll give you a clue....it's a cool retro title and has appeared in more then one medium though it is mostly known for just one.

May 01, 2014, 02:35 PM
WOMBLE
The Wombles? Big Grin
May 01, 2014, 02:51 PM
wolfie
Batman.

May 01, 2014, 02:55 PM
David R
I agree with Wolfie. That new Batman '66 that has been coming out the past few months. I have seen comics and other merchandise in stores
May 01, 2014, 03:19 PM
Logan
I doubt it's Batman since Harris said it's mostly known for just one medium. Batman doesn't fit that. I'm still thinking it out before I make my uneducated guess. Big Grin
May 01, 2014, 03:22 PM
non-sportcards
TMNT or a video game property?
May 01, 2014, 03:39 PM
Chuck Bartowski
quote:
Originally posted by non-sportcards:
TMNT or a video game property?

TMNT wouldn't be a surprise considering the upcoming movie.
May 01, 2014, 03:44 PM
dcole
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I agree with Wolfie. That new Batman '66 that has been coming out the past few months. I have seen comics and other merchandise in stores

I'm going with Batman 66, as well. Although it's true that it's known for mostly one medium (duh, the 66' TV series!) 66' Batman has been everywhere for at least one full year now - comics, Wacky Woblers, etc. And I saw an awesome Julie Newmar as Catwoman licensed maquette at this year's Monsterpalooza. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dcole,

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.
May 02, 2014, 02:46 AM
MileHigh AI3
I'd have to agree with the majority here and say Batman......unfortunately regardless what it is, we probably wont see it released until 2015 at the earliest.

NON-SPORTS COLLECTION

Castle Complete Set (55/55=100%!)
May 02, 2014, 02:33 PM
mintoncard
I also agree on Batman 1966.
(fingers crossed)
May 02, 2014, 11:45 PM
Scifi Cards
Cannot be Batman 1966.

This wouldn't be a new license, Batman was already announced.

I'd settle for getting some sets out to the market that they've already announced.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

May 03, 2014, 06:21 AM
H_Toser
Ed is right. Batman would not be a new announcement.

It will be on the blog in just a couple of hours or so. Smile

May 03, 2014, 09:45 AM
igman7
Ghostbusters!!!

May 03, 2014, 11:01 AM
H_Toser
Yeah, Ghostbusters. Go read the blog at nsu-magazine.com for some further details.

May 03, 2014, 05:12 PM
Chris Byrne
Really?
Not my cup of tea, but to each their own.
May 03, 2014, 05:54 PM
chesspieceface
I always liked the second Ghostbusters movie better than the first. That means I should really like the next one!

May 03, 2014, 09:22 PM
Ted Dastick Jr.
I am sooooooooooooooooooooo excited about this. One of my top 5 favorite movies of all time!
May 03, 2014, 10:55 PM
Raven
I like it, but not sure what much they can do with it besides a base set, parallel and inserts.

I mean, are there any props or costumes to be availale at this late date? Maybe something could still be found.

And autographs are going to be real tough. Ernie Hudson is the only cast member that has done autograph cards in other sets. It would be fantastic to get Murray, Ackrold, Weaver, Moranes or Potts, but I kind of doubt it.

Rights to the animated series means sketches should be in it, but I am more interested in the two movies than the comics.
May 04, 2014, 04:36 AM
Ted Dastick Jr.
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
I mean, are there any props or costumes to be availale at this late date?

The first time I met Ernie Hudson he wore his jumpsuit from the first film. I'm sure there's still memorabilia around.
May 04, 2014, 07:31 PM
Sidewinder
I would be very surprised if Sigourney Weaver signed.