Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Penny Dreadful Trading Cards
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Penny Dreadful Trading Cards
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monkeyafterdark:
Aaaahh!! No! No! No!
Why are these cards so well-designed? I was going to skip this release (probably in favour of some funds for a new American Horror Story series), but now I feel compelled to order some dreadful boxes. Sadly, not for a penny.

MY feelings exactly! Smile

It will be interesting to see who they get to sign.
If they could get any of these four, Timothy Dalton, Eva Green, Billie Piper and Josh Hartnett, I'd be really interested.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actor Joseph millson (Captain Branson) posted photos of himself signing his autograph cards on his Twitter account...!

Posts: 138 | Location: England | Registered: August 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
It will be interesting to see who they get to sign.
If they could get any of these four, Timothy Dalton, Eva Green, Billie Piper and Josh Hartnett, I'd be really interested.

Reeve Carney too!

Eva Green is supposed to be a good mail signer, but she has refused on Bond so far, so she would probably be the most desired and the least likely signer.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUST:
Actor Joseph millson (Captain Branson) posted photos of himself signing his autograph cards on his Twitter account...!

Just saw the card design, either people will love it or hate it. The picture is small and the signing area is a large white space easily twice as large as the photo area.

I think it will be very good for well written signatures that will use the whole space. If someone has a small signature or cuts it down to initials the design will just make it look worse. Have to see what happens.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Has anyone tried chasing after the 22 promos on this yet ? Who will try ? I am still debating on what to do Smile

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
6 of the autographs are now being shown on the Cryptozoic site:

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of monkeyafterdark
posted Hide Post
Hmmm... I really loved the design work of the etching chase set and the costume cards. Not too sure about the autographs. After my initial enthusiasm, I feel a little let down.

Posts: 154 | Location: Belgium | Registered: September 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
Autograph card from Alex Price/Proteus is now pictured on the product page.

I've only seen Penny Dreadful on/off but very interested to see who ultimately signs for this one.

EDIT: Just because we've got the photos of the rest up on here.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rwn410,

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I think the auto cards look nice

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Just added Harry Treadaway, Dr. Frankenstein, so there are eight now. Getting closer to the top five. Wink

Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
Looks like updates are coming fast! 4 more.

Reeve Carney/Dorian Gray

Robert Nairne/Vampire

Hannah Tointon/Maud Gunneson

Oliver Cotton/Father Matthews

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The main cast is coming together. Only Ethan, Vanessa, Sir Malcom and Brona to go.

Posts: 105 | Location: Mechanicsville | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarvelMorris:
The main cast is coming together. Only Ethan, Vanessa, Sir Malcom and Brona to go.

And those are the ones most wanted!

But at least I have Reeve Carney. Thumb Up

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
gonna skip this one....the Autos I want won't be in here....

I'm thinking Braking Bad.....shudders....

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:
gonna skip this one....the Autos I want won't be in here....

I'm thinking Braking Bad.....shudders....

Do you know that there are no more autographs to receive? CZE does not disclose names until signed cards are in hand, so it may not be over yet.

But even if it is, it still looks like a better set than Breaking Bad because at least we have a couple of good names on board. I was hoping for Dalton, but I never truly felt that they had a shot at Green or Hartnett. It would be quite an accomplishment to get them, but as long as you like the show, I don't see where they should be make or break when it was always a long shot.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If Eva Green does sign for this I have a feeling her card's value would rival that of Kaley Cuoco -- at least $400. And I would most certainly have to get one. Drool

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
I have ZERO faith in CZE.

WD season 3 pt1 & pt2 was the End of CZE for me.....

I'll waste my money on other things......

Cutting Allocations , saying they were making 60% of part 2..... Then Selling part 2 in their Store for MONTHS after release..... CRAPPYZOIC............

Billie Piper, Eva Green, Dalton & Hartnett.....

2 of those should be easy .....Piper & Hartnett....

Come On Guys.... Hartnett's last BIG movie was Pearl Harbor 14 years ago.........

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
One more signer confirmed . . .

Henry Goodman as Priest.

Up to 14 now, fingers still crossed. Wink

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
are all the autographs in for this set?

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by damien:
are all the autographs in for this set?

Sometime today Cryptozoic is revealing the 7th and final sneak peek preview of the set on their blog so perhaps that will tell us.