Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Penny Dreadful Trading Cards
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Penny Dreadful Trading Cards
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
We don't have a lot of news but we hear Cryptozoic Entertainment will be doing cards based on Showtime's/Sky's Penny Dreadful

Non-Sport & Entertainment Trading Card News from Non-Sport Update ABOUTWRITERS Penny Dreadful Trading Cards Coming From Cryptozoic Entertainment

As the article notes, CZE has at least one more brand new title to announce and will be doing so at the upcoming Philly Non-Sports Card Show so be sure to stop by and see what it is!

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
love the show

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Fingers crossed for an Eva Green autograph. Luv You Drool

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
If Crypto manages to get Timothy Dalton and Eva Green but Rittenhouse hasn't managed to get them to sign for Bond, it would be a real coup for them.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of monkeyafterdark
posted Hide Post
Especially after the cancelling of several releases in the past month...
Let's wait and see what they do with this set.
More importantly, let's see if they can get it out there in less than a year.

Posts: 154 | Location: Belgium | Registered: September 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason00:
If Crypto manages to get Timothy Dalton and Eva Green but Rittenhouse hasn't managed to get them to sign for Bond, it would be a real coup for them.

Can you imagine?!?

I don't think its total impossibility, I think stars like Dalton might be more inclined to participate in a set like this because it means promoting current work rather than 'pigeon-holing' himself with Bond, even though he is very proud of his time in the role.

As for Eva, by all accounts she is fantastic at signing through the mail and I'm really surprised she turned Rittenhouse down. Still, she may be more open to signing for fans than a company, but given she is very autograph friendly I hold out hope she will one day sign cards for the Bond role that launched her international career.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
indeed they may be willing to sign to promote the show

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would LOVE to see a Dalton auto. Big fan of his time as Bond. That would be an amazing score.

I'd be surprised if Hartnett signed. He's not big on fame/autographs, so I'm skeptical if he'll participate.

Posts: 49 | Location: Michigan | Registered: June 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
I am very curious about what the final autograph list will look like for this set.

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Will have to give this show a look. I hadn't heard of it before this...

Will have Showtime at new house, so should be able to catch up.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
It's also out in DVD. The trailer looks promising, but I will have to see a whole episode before I know if I would watch it. Sometimes these shows have a great idea and then run it too excess in trying to be shocking. I gave up on the American Horror stories for that reason. There are no rules and frequently no good characters, just a senseless plot that looks like it is being made up as they go along.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dexterfan18:
I would LOVE to see a Dalton auto. Big fan of his time as Bond. That would be an amazing score.
QUOTE]

Besides Bond, Dalton is in a couple of my favorite movies: The Rocketeer and Flash Gordon. I'd like his autograph for those alone!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Will have Showtime at new house, so should be able to catch up.

I don't know about the Netflix menu in the US, but here in Belgium it can be found right there.

Posts: 154 | Location: Belgium | Registered: September 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Page is now up on Cryptozoic's site. No signers announced as of yet:

http://www.cryptozoic.com/trad...ading-cards-season-1

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So I did watch it on DVD and this is a really weird show. I am sure it will not be to everyone's taste and there were times when I couldn't figure out why I was watching, except that it is kind of additive in a not good for you way. Big Grin

As far as a card set goes, I would love the autographs if they could get most of the main cast. I don't see how they could put all the story and all the characters into a card text that would make any sense. Heck, I'm not sure how much sense the whole show makes as it is.

But if a cross between American Horror Story, classic monsters, Old England, sex and violence sounds interesting, than you might want to give it a shot.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of anthonyd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monkeyafterdark:
Especially after the cancelling of several releases in the past month...
Let's wait and see what they do with this set.
More importantly, let's see if they can get it out there in less than a year.

My thoughts exactly.

Anyone remember what new license they announced at the Fall Philly show?

Posts: 802 | Location: MA | Registered: March 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by anthonyd:

Anyone remember what new license they announced at the Fall Philly show?

Arrested Development, Outlander, and The Flash.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
These were posted on Blowout and I thought people here might like to see them too.

Etching chase set:

Wardrobe cards:

Production was very generous with props, too. Here are some of the pieces that will be cut up and inserted as Prop cards:

Pages from Dr. Frankenstein's Anatomy book:

Grand Guignol theater tickets:

"The Transformed Beast" playbills:

Vanessa's letters to Mina:

The costume cards are impressive, I like the design. I can't wait to see what they did for the autos.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
so far so good

posted Hide Post
Aaaahh!! No! No! No!
Why are these cards so well-designed? I was going to skip this release (probably in favour of some funds for a new American Horror Story series), but now I feel compelled to order some dreadful boxes. Sadly, not for a penny.