Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Cryptozoic may have permission to make Hobbit Cards???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cryptozoic may have permission to make Hobbit Cards???
 Login/Join

posted
They have links on Cryptozoic own Facebook page promoting the new Hobbit movie.this must be a sign??

Posts: 174 | Location: Liverpool | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
You might want to see this thread http://nonsportupdate.infopop....4605353/m/9687056226
which notes that CZ will only be making a trading card game.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Way to shatter dreams Iggy. lol

Posts: 90 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
I could only dream of them doing a set for this since Topps never does anything justice with prop / costume cards!

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flag City Collectibles:
I could only dream of them doing a set for this since Topps never does anything justice with prop / costume cards!

Seriously? I thought they did a really nice job with the LOTR franchise. They scored autographs from nearly every major actor/actress. There were 34 different costume cards.
Were there issues? Yes, without a doubt. Like most manufacturers they weren't shy about milking the product. The consistency of the sketches as well as the seeding of the sketches led to some heated debate.
Overall they did a solid job with a franchise that exploded on the scene and has people begging for a Hobbit set.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Topps did a GREAT job with the LOTR base set and auto's. I think the "Costume Cards" were more Material from the roll that made the costume Big Grin

It would be nice if the hobbit cards (if made) were in the same style as the LOTR cards.

Posts: 12159 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would definitely be in favor of CZ doing the Hobbit! They have shown they can be a major player in the non-sports market.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
Never dissed their on card autos and lineup which was great as I have every one of them, I just don't like only have one standard 9 card foil set and nothing else so basically you get one hit per box which is crazy when paying $60 to $90 a box.

The update sets had no inserts besides the one material used to create card per box, just not any value there.

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Never dissed their on card autos and lineup which was great as I have every one of them, I just don't like only have one standard 9 card foil set and nothing else so basically you get one hit per box which is crazy when paying $60 to $90 a box.

The update sets had no inserts besides the one material used to create card per box, just not any value there.

Didn't the LOTR boxes all have an auto and costume card? And they weren't $60 to $90 a box back then, they were closer to $40 I believe. If Topps did another LOTR set it would probably contain inserts similar to the Star Wars Galaxy formula.

Posts: 1573 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
quote:

Didn't the LOTR boxes all have an auto and costume card? And they weren't $60 to $90 a box back then, they were closer to $40 I believe. If Topps did another LOTR set it would probably contain inserts similar to the Star Wars Galaxy formula.

I believe you're correct. Topps wax used to be a lot cheaper.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post