Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Star Wars Resistance a Retail Set for Young and Old Alike
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Resistance a Retail Set for Young and Old Alike
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted

From "The Newsletter"
quote:
Topps brings us a retail-focused product line for the newest Star Wars offering, Resistance. Yes, it’s a kids show but the animated Star Wars has always been popular with old and young collectors. Look for 3 different package options. Here’s the details:

100 Card Base Set
Parallels: Bronze /50, Silver /25, Gold /10, Red 1/1, Printing Plates 1/1
Foil Character Cards
Temporary Tattoos
Pop Up Cards

Display Boxes: 6 Cards Per Pack / 24 Packs Per Box / 12 Boxes Per Case

Hanger Packs: 3 Packs of 6 Cards, plus 1 of 4 different 40 Page Mini Album. 8 Hangers Per Box / 8 Boxes per Case

Blaster Boxes: 6 Packs of 6 Cards, plus 1 Character Dangler per box. 16 Boxes Per Case

The Star Wars Rebels was a similar set and is not pretty hard to find as it was aimed at kids. I expect this one will be the same way in the long run.

What I don't understand is the parallels. No need for 1/1's, or ANY parallels, in a kid's product.

That said, looks like fun whether you order from a Friendly Dealer™ or pick them up with your kids at Target and Wal-Mart.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
At least there are not sketches in this one

Traded with: RupT, Mar53, LUZNDAVE, Cardz_house , INDYPAT75, blwilson, KADRAN00157, Card Reaper, Tangent, Shaunicus, Ifish, wolfie, rwn410, Geoff bovey, WarriorBabe, womble

Posts: 855 | Location: Coventry - England | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
What I don't understand is the parallels. No need for 1/1's, or ANY parallels, in a kid's product.

Ed

TOPPS knows that adult card collectors roam the retail toy aisles looking for cheap packs/boxes/blasters to bust while using their kids as an excuse. Big Grin It's a smart move if you ask me. Smile

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Fantastic to see a release aimed at kids, and the danglers seem like a cool idea.

Thanks for posting, Ed!

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post