Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Bettie Page Box 2
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bettie Page Box 2
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Very Nice Thumb Up

Posts: 12156 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Versicolor
posted Hide Post
Another,

Posts: 122 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
very nice as usual. Smile

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I hope some of these come in my packs

Posts: 12156 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
That bottom right one is so cute. Thumb Up

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Versicolor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
I hope some of these come in my packs

I checked, and they all do!

Posts: 122 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Versicolor
posted Hide Post
Bettie Page Box 2 release is just a few weeks away! Here are some pics of the of the packaging and wrapping.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Versicolor:
Bettie Page Box 2 release is just a few weeks away! Here are some pics of the of the packaging and wrapping.

Those look great! I'm getting very excited for this release. Big Grin

Posts: 2278 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Versicolor
posted Hide Post
This was posted on our site yesterday...

Today is the official release date of the Box 2 sets. We wanted everyone to know about the chase card ratios, so we will list them below. And if you haven’t picked up a binder yet, you may want to reconsider. They came out beautiful and they are packed with unannounced surprises. Each binder comes with all of the 9-pocket sheets that you need for both sets and the special Satin w/clear spot-finish Bettie Spaghetti promo card #B1a. And they also have a spot foil chase card #SF4 of the cover of the binder by Veronica O’Connell, along with even a few more surprises found in each binder. Versicolor also received a generous amount of Artist autograph cards, too many to fit into all of the sets. So we are randomly inserting them into some of the binders.

And for those of you who haven’t heard about our “LOST” subset, it is a great set of cards showing 24 images that for some reason or another, didn’t make it into the regular set! Spot foil chase card #SF3 can be found in these sets.

Shown below is a scan of the back of the binder that shows many of the cards from the Bettie Page Private collection set and subsets, including some chase cards and promo cards.

Here is a list of ALL of the chase cards from Box 1 and Box 2:

Box 1

Prism Metallic Zombie card #0 (1:4 of the “X-Ray” subsets)

Foil card #F1 (1:10)

Foil card #F2 (1:10)

One-of-a-Kind Artist Autograph card (1:10)

Embossed card #E1 (1:15)

Double-Sided Sketch card (1:16)

Promo Set Redemption card (1:25)

Clear card #C1 (1:25)

Clear card #C2 (1:5 of the “Metallic” subsets)

Special Unnumbered Satin Tribute card (1:40)

Box 2

Spot Foil card #SF1 (1:9)

Spot Foil card #SF2 (1:9)

Spot Foil card #SF3 (1:4 of the “Lost” subsets)

Spot Foil card #SF4 (1:1 of the U.S. Binders)

Clear card #C3 (1:10)

Embossed card #E2 (1:16)

Double-Sided Sketch card (1:25)

One-of-a-Kind Artist Autograph card (1:25)

Lenticular card #L1 (1:25)

Merchandise Redemption card (1:96)

Puzzle Sketch cards (1:177)

Glow-In-The-Dark Sketch card (1:229)

That’s an average ratio of 1 in every 2 sets having some sort of special insert!!!

All mail orders of the Box 2 sets, Lost subsets and binders will be shipping this week if they haven’t shipped already.

This has been a fun set to make and we hope you enjoyed it as much as we did, thank you.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
Fantastic news! I can't wait to get a set. Clap Big Grin

Posts: 2278 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
That all looks fantastic, congrats on a great release. Clap

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Despite my inclination not to further pursue any more Bettie Page cards, I have seen some VERY nice sketches surface from this new release. I think I may become a hypocrite (aren't we all?) and start collecting them again. Congrats on these Versicolor!

Posts: 2503 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Curious about how the binders are packaged as I have not heard of random extras in this type of item before.Would cherry picking not be an issue?

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Versicolor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Curious about how the binders are packaged as I have not heard of random extras in this type of item before.Would cherry picking not be an issue?

Well, some of them will have random artist autograph cards. I guess it is up to the dealers whether they leave them in there or not, since they are not actually sealed. Unless you order directly from our site, then they will be included randomly for sure.

Picture of cmcdjj37
posted Hide Post
Got my Binder today. Clap

Posts: 209 | Location: Castle Rock, Colorado | Registered: July 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen it posted on this forum, so I'll share the info : There are 4 different card #91 done by 4 different artists :

- 91 : Robert Hendrickson
- 91 : Tim Proctor
- 91 : Patricia Ross
- 91 : Russel Walks

The last 2 (in bold) are the ones that appears on my checklist. If someone has a different checklist, let us know.

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Szym:
I haven't seen it posted on this forum, so I'll share the info : There are 4 different card #91 done by 4 different artists :

The last 2 (in bold) are the ones that appears on my checklist. If someone has a different checklist, let us know.

Do you get all four in each set, or just one of the four?

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
quote:
Originally posted by Szym:

Do you get all four in each set, or just one of the four?

I got the Hendrickson version with the set and all 4 of them were in the binder.
Also, the checklist I have lists all four of them.

Greg

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I got the Proctor with my set, and I think he's the only one I saw on a preliminary card list.

So it seems there are at least two Checklist variations? Mine shows all four, but Ross/Walks are in the white-background region and Proctor/Hendrickson are in the rust-colored background band.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
Okay, so I bought a new set of eyes and checked again : my checklist also has all 4 of them. Sorry for the wrong information.
I got only one of those in my set, the others I got on Ebay.