ARROW - Season 1 (Cryptozoic)

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/955604453/m/9597039966

December 10, 2014, 06:28 AM
Raven
ARROW - Season 1 (Cryptozoic)
quote:
Originally posted by Dexterfan18:
Damn what's going on with the autographs? I was so pumped for this release... It's a bummer to see Colton and Katie (this one is even more odd considering she already returned her cards) disappear, but the headliner of the set, Amell, has dropped despite being under contract?

Well IF Cassidy returned cards that were not hand signed, which has still not been officially confirmed or denied, it is no wonder her name was dropped.
December 10, 2014, 01:27 PM
damien
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:
Crypto are really hitting snags with their sets recently.

The leads from Supernatural dropping out, the validity of Katie Cassidy's auto in that same set. Then there's the downgrading of the Pacific Rim set and the disappearance of the Fringe season 5 set.

Also can't forget the failure of the Breaking Bad set and now there's big signers being dropped from this set.

They've had great success with The Walking Dead and The Hobbit, but issues are starting to arise with other licenses. Hopefully they can work them out and produce some great sets in the future.

indeed Crypto have been getting a lot of bad luck recently
December 10, 2014, 02:53 PM
Dexterfan18
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Damn what's going on with the autographs? I was so pumped for this release... It's a bummer to see Colton and Katie (this one is even more odd considering she already returned her cards) disappear, but the headliner of the set, Amell, has dropped despite being under contract?

Well IF Cassidy returned cards that were not hand signed, which has still not been officially confirmed or denied, it is no wonder her name was dropped.

Accidentally skimmed over that post... wow, that's a horrible thing to do. If it indeed is faked just like Supernatural, I assume we'll never see a Katie Cassidy auto card from Arrow.

Hoping we'll find out why Amell dropped out.
December 10, 2014, 06:00 PM
WandringRebel
quote:
quote:
quote:

Accidentally skimmed over that post... wow, that's a horrible thing to do. If it indeed is faked just like Supernatural, I assume we'll never see a Katie Cassidy auto card from Arrow.

Hoping we'll find out why Amell dropped out.

Has it been confirmed that Amell and the others will definitely not be signing or is this just a result of their new policy of not listing anyone until they have the autograph cards in hand?

December 10, 2014, 06:05 PM
SerialKilnWalkr
quote:
Originally posted by WandringRebel:
Has it been confirmed that Amell and the others will definitely not be signing or is this just a result of their new policy of not listing anyone until they have the autograph cards in hand?

He did in fact break his contract & will not be signing for this set along with Colton Hayes.

Original CZE announcement: "Regrettably, we must announce that our Arrow Trading Cards Season 1 set will not contain autograph cards from these actors: Stephen Amell and Colton Haynes.

We have revised our autograph announcement policy as a result of these and similar developments with other trading card sets. Accordingly, we have updated our product pages to remove the names of actors with whom we only have autograph agreements. Henceforth, product pages will reflect only the names of talent from whom we have received autographed cards.

We are continuing to acquire autograph cards from additional Arrow actors, and we will publicize their names upon receipt of their autographed cards.

We will indicate that production is complete by uploading the web checklist to the Arrow Trading Cards Season 1 product page. At that point, the product is finalized, including the autograph signer roster."

On another note Chin Han has returned his signed cards, image added.

December 11, 2014, 03:03 AM
Scifi Cards
quote:

Oh, it's been confirmed. Nobody is that consistent. One guy on blowout took 6 autos and stripped the backgrounds and laid them over each other. All identical except for different smudge marks.

So, it's not been admitted that cards were put into Supernatural that were not hand signed.

Cryptozoic needs to address this sooner rather than later. They should never had put the cards into the product in the first place. Quality control ought to at least look at the autos.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

December 11, 2014, 07:55 AM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:

Oh, it's been confirmed. Nobody is that consistent. One guy on blowout took 6 autos and stripped the backgrounds and laid them over each other. All identical except for different smudge marks.

So, it's not been admitted that cards were put into Supernatural that were not hand signed.

Cryptozoic needs to address this sooner rather than later. They should never had put the cards into the product in the first place. Quality control ought to at least look at the autos.

Ed

Agreed, but CZE said it was investigating the Supernatural Cassidy autographs a few days back and we have had no official confirmation from them.

Also a picture of the Cassidy Arrow card though now removed from the list, I can't figure out if they are saying temporarily or not based on this revised policy, remains at least for now on the first page of this thread.

So that looks like the same smudgy autograph does it not? I do think that CZE will resolve this before anything else gets packed out and there should be an official response on the matter.
December 11, 2014, 12:12 PM
ts
People are Ebay are spending a lot of money for "signed" Supernatural cards by Katie Cassidy. Sadly, their is no way to warn people.
December 11, 2014, 03:04 PM
Sidewinder
Obviously Katie used the same stamp for the Arrow cards and they were probably sent back at the same time. So Crypto have to either scrap her altogether for the Arrow set, or have her redo all of her Arrow cards. Surely this would all be at cost to her considering she had her original cards forged.
December 13, 2014, 01:29 PM
collector of things
No one else has mentioned it yet, so I checked a Katie Cassidy in person auto that I have. Looking at the cards and the in-person, you could believe they were signed by the same person, but they are no-where near an exact match.

Hats off to Crypto for at least acknowledging the issue without threatening to sue anyone for questioning the authenticity of the signatures. This whole thing could have been a misunderstanding on the part of Cassidy's "people" which might still get worked out. Hopefully there is some kind of resolution for card holders though and this doesn't become an Ashley Scott situation where people get stuck holding auto's they know aren't real. We've had weird situations work out before, like MIB's Lara Flynn Boyle, so let's hope there is something going on behind the scenes that we don't know about.

--Chris

December 14, 2014, 06:55 AM
SerialKilnWalkr
Sorry everyone, have been pretty sick that past week.

Signer John Barrowman has returned his signed cards, image added.

December 14, 2014, 07:00 AM
Deena
quote:
Originally posted by SerialKilnWalkr:

Happy! Happy! (about Barrowman -- hope you feel better really soon, SerialKilnWalkr!)
December 17, 2014, 05:49 PM
Lovemesomecards
quote:

I have been waiting for that confirmation. He is the only signature I really am interested in this set. If I can't have a Torchwood set then I will take my Captain Jack auto any way I can.

Hope that you are feeling better.

December 18, 2014, 11:27 AM
damien
quote:
Originally posted by collector of things:
No one else has mentioned it yet, so I checked a Katie Cassidy in person auto that I have. Looking at the cards and the in-person, you could believe they were signed by the same person, but they are no-where near an exact match.

Hats off to Crypto for at least acknowledging the issue without threatening to sue anyone for questioning the authenticity of the signatures. This whole thing could have been a misunderstanding on the part of Cassidy's "people" which might still get worked out. Hopefully there is some kind of resolution for card holders though and this doesn't become an Ashley Scott situation where people get stuck holding auto's they know aren't real. We've had weird situations work out before, like MIB's Lara Flynn Boyle, so let's hope there is something going on behind the scenes that we don't know about.

--Chris

I don't know about Ashley Scott and Lara Flynn Boyle
please explain
December 18, 2014, 05:26 PM
Sidewinder
quote:
Originally posted by damien:
quote:
Originally posted by collector of things:

--Chris

I don't know about Ashley Scott and Lara Flynn Boyle
please explain

Yes, do tell.
December 18, 2014, 07:16 PM
Jason00
Ashley Scott misspelled her own name on the Jericho cards (leading some people to think she did not sign them), and Lara Flynn Boyle originally just signed a base set before Inkworks convinced her to sign the actual autograph cards they sent her.

December 19, 2014, 08:40 PM
ts
quote:
Originally posted by Lovemesomecards:
quote:

I have been waiting for that confirmation. He is the only signature I really am interested in this set. If I can't have a Torchwood set then I will take my Captain Jack auto any way I can.

Hope that you are feeling better.

I had sent one of my custom cards to Mr.Barrowman via "Arrow". I was surprised to get it back signed.
December 20, 2014, 11:38 AM
Sidewinder
quote:
Originally posted by Jason00:
Ashley Scott misspelled her own name on the Jericho cards (leading some people to think she did not sign them), and Lara Flynn Boyle originally just signed a base set before Inkworks convinced her to sign the actual autograph cards they sent her.

Thanks for that. I hadn't heard about either of those issues.
December 20, 2014, 12:17 PM
damien
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:
quote:
Originally posted by Jason00:

Thanks for that. I hadn't heard about either of those issues.

Ashley Scott is not really an issue
she always signs ''Ashly''
December 20, 2014, 04:50 PM
ravenheart
quote:
Originally posted by ts:
People are Ebay are spending a lot of money for "signed" Supernatural cards by Katie Cassidy. Sadly, their is no way to warn people.

I've noticed the same. Her cards have been consistently going for the most money, even above Jeffrey Dean Morgan. Those people must simply not know. Ignorance is bliss! I'd hate to be in their shows when/if they find out!