Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Star Wars 35th Anniversary
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars 35th Anniversary
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Saw the mention in the new NSU about an August release. I'm guessing this will be similar to SW 30th? That was a great set, this should be cool.

The last set had a lot of autographs, would be nice to get some costume cards in this one. (hint hint hint hint hint hint hint Big Grin )

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR2D2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:

The last set had a lot of autographs, would be nice to get some costume cards in this one. (hint hint hint hint hint hint hint Big Grin )

Dito to that. If only it were true with any Star Wars set, I'll have to make do with my Ewok Fur Costume card for now Wink

I hope it would be easy to get a master set, I'm sick of Auto inserts (sketchagraphs being the exception) which are too hard (e.g. ESB 3D) to pull let alone complete the set. With Galaxy 7 next month we do not need another Star Wars Premium set this year in my opinion.

However I would have preferred a set to tie in with TPM 3D or AOTC 10th Anniversary 3D set (similar to ESB 3D and to follow 1999's TPM 3D set).

Posts: 318 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Stargaterules
posted Hide Post
My guess would be Lucas owns all the costumes . If that is true they will never happen .
Still only 4 Autographs from the full 30th set .
John Dykstra
Ken Ralston
Lorne Peterson
Phil Tippit
Ugh , Hard to find them for a good price , Mostly everyone wants 2 x book and i can wait .

Posts: 91 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stargaterules:
My guess would be Lucas owns all the costumes . If that is true they will never happen .

There are places that have SOME kind of memorabilia from the films, like the Ewok fur card. Sure, it may not have been Wicket's fur, but it was fur from an Ewok costume. Heck, some sand from Tunisia... I mean Tatooine, would make me happy.

It's all super expensive stuff - a quick web search turns up plenty, but even a small handful of really rare prop cards would be HUGE!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many costumes and props are auctioned off on a fairly regular basis. Just about every auction Profiles in History has done in the last year has had SOME KIND of star wars memorabilia included.

Posts: 131 | Location: USA | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Stargaterules

Stargaterules

check out blowoutcards forum a member named hitdog44 i believe he has a ralston available

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
The issue you will have with costume or prop cards from star wars, is the cost. A Storm trooper helmet for example, with provenance, sells for between 23,000-40,000 US. A piece of the death star model, like 6 inch squared, sells about 3000 dollars. physical costume cards from cloth costumes are unheard of and the few that exist move from 18,000 to 140k in auction. The cost to get the material would make this really a tuff set unless lucasfilm donated some material.

Ive been saying for years, this would be the biggest non sport set of the decade, any decade it was released if they pulled it off. But it's a matter of getting someone at the archives or a connected guy like Gus Lopez or Josh Ling involved in the project or it just wont/cant happened. Id love to see it, but i wouldn't count on it.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post