Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    DC Movies Super-Hero and Super-Villain CZX (Cryptozoic)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DC Movies Super-Hero and Super-Villain CZX (Cryptozoic)
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
No one appears to have publicly reported pulling one of the five Gadot/Cavill dual autograph cards as yet. It's of course possible that a couple were pulled and the owners just don't care to disclose it. One thing about having such a high priced product is that a 10 year old kid probably won't be waving any around. Big Grin

But that also reminds me that, while we have added up the numbers for all the different signers as released, it's reasonable to assume that some of each card design was withheld as replacements for damaged or missing hits. So all 5 duals may not have been seeded, just as a certain number of all the other autographs may not have been seeded either.

I can guarantee you that all 5 were NOT inserted into packs.

Posts: 67 | Location: NC | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
In the current issue of NSU, February/March 2020, the 10 Hot List autograph cards include 4 autograph cards from this set: Gal Gadot/99 #1, Henry Cavill/50 #3, Ezra Miller/50 #4 and Jason Momoa/105 #6.

None of the Ben Affleck/3x10 or the dual Gadot/Cavill/5 cards are mentioned, nor are they priced in the guide. I can only assume that there isn't enough selling data to make any determination of value. I believe I saw a post on another forum where someone found an Affleck auto. I have not heard of a dual being pulled.

So as discussed above, what's the point of disclosing the number of autograph card copies, if the number of pack inserted copies is not going to be the same, even though there may be valid reasons? I don't think it matters for bigger ranges and lesser cards, but when you are talking about such limited numbers for the best cards in an ultra premium product, it would be nice to have the true picture.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:

it would be nice to have the true picture.

Yeah well good luck with that. Big Grin

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
These NSU lists are worthless just arbitrary anyone can see that not a good look

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I would guess that there is actually two of each of the five. In case the one in packs is returned damaged, there is a replacement. If none are returned by the expiration date, what happens to the replacement versions? They might get destroyed or maybe a couple of the people in the company keep them. Over the years some oddball stuff has leaked onto the market from employees of card companies that went out of business.

I don't like the idea of these extreme rarities. Having 25-50 of something is rare enough. To give the average collector the hope of getting the rarest card in the set, you have to start higher than five.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:

it would be nice to have the true picture.

Yeah well good luck with that. Big Grin

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by catskilleagle:
I don't like the idea of these extreme rarities. Having 25-50 of something is rare enough. To give the average collector the hope of getting the rarest card in the set, you have to start higher than five.

Jess

I think practically every true card collector would agree with you. You don't even have to say "average" collector because at some point it's not even about affordability.

It's about being foolish with your money. How much would you spend for anyone's signature? How much would you spend on any artificially created rare card? Yes, it's nice to own cards that become valuable, but does it make sense to buy them at those prices and hope that they hold their value? Especially with non-sport cards you have to draw lines that should only be crossed for extreme exceptions and with the knowledge that you probably should have your head examined. Big Grin Kidding.

I just realized, that's a general YOU not meant for you Jess. I'm talking about the lines WE all draw and where do WE stop. Writing can get confusing. Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The Gadot/Cavill dual #5/5 card was reported on another forum as being pulled.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's okay. It's hard to offend me especially when your statement has at least one kind of happy face in it.

Jess

quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by catskilleagle:

Jess

I think practically every true card collector would agree with you. You don't even have to say "average" collector because at some point it's not even about affordability.

It's about being foolish with your money. How much would you spend for anyone's signature? How much would you spend on any artificially created rare card? Yes, it's nice to own cards that become valuable, but does it make sense to buy them at those prices and hope that they hold their value? Especially with non-sport cards you have to draw lines that should only be crossed for extreme exceptions and with the knowledge that you probably should have your head examined. Big Grin Kidding.

I just realized, that's a general YOU not meant for you Jess. I'm talking about the lines WE all draw and where do WE stop. Writing can get confusing. Wink

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Ezra Miller is not getting the best press lately.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A Ben Affleck auto from this set sold on ebay on March 9 for $ 2400.

Numbered 8/10

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
A Ben Affleck auto from this set sold on ebay on March 9 for $ 2400.

Numbered 8/10

Wow!

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post