Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    DC Movies Super-Hero and Super-Villain CZX (Cryptozoic)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DC Movies Super-Hero and Super-Villain CZX (Cryptozoic)
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted
Information has arrived on the much awaited DC Movies CZX set from Cryptozoic

quote:
Configuration: 6 boxes/6 packs/5 cards

2019 Cryptozoic CZX Super Heroes And Super Villains Trading Card Box Hits:
(1) Autographed Card
(1) Sketch Card
(1) Film Cel Card
(1) CZX STR PWR Card
(1) Base Set Parallel Card

2019 Cryptozoic CZX Super Heroes and Super Villains Trading Cards Product HIGHLIGHTS:

(1) Autographed Card in Every Box!
Look for Autograph Signers from across the DC Cinematic Universe including:

Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman (Justice League, Wonder Woman)
Ben Affleckas Batman (Justice League, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Henry Cavill as Superman/Clark Kent (Justice League, Man of Steel)
Jason Momoa as Aquaman/Arthur Curry (Justice League, Aquaman)
Ezra Miller as The Flash/Barry Allen (Justice League)
Jack Dylan Grazer as Freddy Freeman (Shazam!)
Richard Brake as Joe Chill (Batman Begins)
Temuera Morrison as Tom Curry (Aquaman) / Abin Sur (Green Lantern)
Ayelet Zurer as Lara Lor-Van (Man of Steel)
Graham McTavish as King Atlan (Aquaman)
Nestor Carbonell as Mayor of Gotham (The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises)
Doutzen Kroes as Venelia (Wonder Woman)
Antje Traue as Faora-UI (Man of Steel)
Eugene Brave Rock as The Chief (Wonder Woman)
Tao Okamoto as Mercy Graves (Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice)
Robin Atkin Downes as Doomsday (Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice)
Alain Chanoine as Incubus (Suicide Squad)

(1) Sketch Card in Every Box!
Look for Sketch Cards by some of today's hottest artists! Detailed, one-of-a-kind drawings of favorite DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains from the moves.

(1) Film Cel Card in Every Box!
Featuring cards created to resemble actual film cels from various DC movies. Printed on PETG acetate, inserted into the card and can be seen through a swatch display window.

(1) CZX STR PWR Card in Every Box!
Showcases characters from various DC movies on RARE, high-quality cards printed on foil board.

54-Card Base Set - Featuring images from Aquaman, Justice League, Wonder Woman, Suicide Squad, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Man of Steel, The Dark Knight Rises, The Dark Knight & Batman Begins.
Foil Variants of the Base Set

RARE Printing Plates

Collectible Binder - Full color 1.5" 3-ring binder features art from the show
Binder contains an EXCLUSIVE Film Cel card!

This one carries the same SRP that the Outlander CZX Product did. Pricey, yes. But 1 on-card auto and 1 sketch that allows movie likenesses in each box is a big draw.

I'm in for some, for sure.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Surprised there aren't wardrobe/relics.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Imagine the odds on those top few actors anyone actually cares about... Roll Eyes

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Amazing, Ben Affleck actually has one of the more legible signatures in that group. Big Grin

I think these base cards look great and the sketches with actor likenesses should go for a lot too. Even though they obviously can't write, the main autographs will be the in-demand hit and yes they will be rare. All big hits will be very limited and you are much more likely to get common hits. That's how it always is.

I would love to be all over these boxes, but the fact is, they cost too much for me.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Amazing, Ben Affleck actually has one of the more legible signatures in that group. Big Grin

I think these base cards look great and the sketches with actor likenesses should go for a lot too. Even though they obviously can't write, the main autographs will be the in-demand hit and yes they will be rare. All big hits will be very limited and you are much more likely to get common hits. That's how it always is.

I would love to be all over these boxes, but the fact is, they cost too much for me.

With CZX Outlander they guaranteed one of the two big autographs in every case. Maybe they will do the same with at least one of the above pictured autographs per case.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:

Raven:

ifish73:
With CZX Outlander they guaranteed one of the two big autographs in every case. Maybe they will do the same with at least one of the above pictured autographs per case.[/QUOTE]

I agree, they may well do that, but you must buy a case to get it. The early estimate is around $1,500 right now. This might seem attractive to dealers and flippers who figure the Godot and maybe a couple of others will have to come out over $1000, so they can sell and make a profit. It really doesn't help the card collector doing 1 or 2 boxes, which would cost just as much as 4 or 5 boxes in another still premium product.

Sure anyone could pull the big autograph card out of 1 box, but you also have to be prepared if you get Nestor Carbonell, who is a $12 signer in lots of other titles, no disrespect to Mr. Carbonell. If you get a common autograph and an average sketch, with so few cards, you still have a big value gap between what you paid and what you got. You almost have to be a dealer or a flipper to take a chance that you can beat or even match what you already paid. Then it all goes up on eBay for the rest of us to pick over. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sorry if this offends
But all these signatures look like their 1 year children,if they have children have signed their cards
They are just scribble to me
For the money expected to be paid for these i would expect there to be a legible signature
Unfortunately this seems to be the norm for signature cards lately.
But everybody to their own

Posts: 758 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
This is a very tempting set.

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is tempting. . . How did the high end Outlander set do? Seems like this set has more big names, I think the subject matter reaches a larger audience.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
How did the high end Outlander set do? Seems like this set has more big names, I think the subject matter reaches a larger audience.

I would say they have not sold out. You can still order boxes thru CZE and a couple of other sites I checked are also carrying limited quantity. CORRECTION - It just looked like CZE had them, but then the link just referenced dealers. They can still be found at the outlets I looked at though.

I would agree that DC should bring in higher demand than Outlander, if less than a similar Marvel universe would.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In terms of how the Outlander one is doing out in the world, the prices are utterly absurd, as you'd probably expect. Even for ordinary signers who in the previous sets were common and cheap as anything, the prices are insane. The set is uncollectable.

This one will be worse.

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Here is the the thing about high end products. High dollar pack buyers are in it for the gamble. When I owned a comic book shop a decade ago, the sport card buyers who bought the high end cards wanted the thrill of "THE HIT", nothing else mattered. I like the looks of this set but I am still working on Gotham and a few others to finish before I could even consider jumping in on a pack or two of this.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
The Outlander cards are really silly prices, because of the really silly prices of the boxes. Not many sellers can take too much of a loss on even the low end, low demand 'hits'.

I wondered about taking a probable hit to the wallet just to open a box. But, I watched a case break first on youtube and half the boxes had low value cards. I asked myself if I could really be happy opening a box at around £240 and getting maybe £100 worth of cards inside. So I can't afford to even dabble.
I've bought two cards from the set just to own something from it. I bought one of the new low end signer autograph cards.
Yes, the cards are super thick and super glossy, but still a card with a signature on it at the end of the day. And they only just fit into penny sleeves and you need thicker top loaders too.

There's just too much chance of hitting a low grade signer of which I have signed cards from the previous seasons, or my big hit turning out to be a dual or triple costume card. (The excitement might kill me if that happened! Big Grin Razz Wink *sarcasm deployed*)

The best value premium product in recent years, for me, was GoT Valyrian Steel, but RA's recent Inflexions set was high end price, low to middle end product. CZE have taken the premium to the ridiculous level for price and that's mostly going to be dealers and people with way more money than I have in their pockets.

This DC set looks fantastic, but the chance of unlucky old me of actually getting one of the big signers is slim. I'll just watch a case break online and press my nose to the TV screen in awe. At least "awe" is free. Big Grin

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
In terms of how the Outlander one is doing out in the world, the prices are utterly absurd, as you'd probably expect. Even for ordinary signers who in the previous sets were common and cheap as anything, the prices are insane. The set is uncollectable.

This one will be worse.

Early orders seem to now have cases at $1,600 and boxes over $260.00. Common signers will have to be elevated above common prices when sellers try to get some of the money back on lesser hits. However the incentive of needing even the commons to complete the set will not be there because how many people are going to attempt to complete? Few I'm sure.

In comparing to Outlander, the DC CZX does have more going for it. It has movie star autographs, at least 6 or 7 cards that we know of which you could call really big hits, sketches over relics, a much larger fan base and the first product to come out with a lot of this stuff.

Outlander was to me a bad choice for an ultra premium product from the start because two seasons worth of cards were already out there and the show was well covered other than the female star. So only a couple of limited hits were even worth a bit more than the price of a box and the rest were repeats. It was hard for breakers to make money and Outlander collectors stayed away from the boxes themselves. If a collector really needed that one premium hit, it was more expedient and economical to just pick it up by itself.

My sense is that the DC CZX will not follow the exact same pattern because there may be a lot more sports card gamblers and flippers that are willing to buy it up and take the risk. However non-selling card collectors will stay away until after the dust clears and they can determine real value.

If it turns out that the demand for the big cards does not push it to sell well enough to cover the case/box prices, dealers and flippers will be the ones taking a bath on it. They will have inventory left over and it will hurt even more than Outlander. If it winds up profitable on the breaks, they will be happy and we will continue to get ultra premium non-sport sets until they reach a price that fails.

posted Hide Post
It is interesting, and I'm torn on these, but then I just realized that while we have seen all of the Marvel Movies we haven't seen a bunch of the films represented here -- like Justice League, Batman V Superman, Man of Steel, Aquaman . . .

People on another board are speculating Gadot autographs will top $1000. I'm terrible at guessing those sorts of things . . . that would but her as the 2nd most expensive super hero autograph after RDJ. More than Brolin, Holland, Evans, Hemsworth, etc.

What do you guys think Gadot, Momoa, Cavill and Affleck will sell for?

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
If Chasing Amy ever is released, this set will mark the 3rd? Affleck autograph card out there.

Cavill (in/out as superman)

Momoa (signed for GoT)

Gadot (all new).

I could easily see the first few Gadot going that high and then dropping down. Remember with the Jolie Tomb Raider auto was in the 500 to 700 range. This one will be able the same.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
If Chasing Amy ever is released, this set will mark the 3rd? Affleck autograph card out there.

4th. . .

He has autographs in the most recent Pop Century that are selling for around $100.

Plus Daredevil, Whatever this set is called (the title is way too long) and (hopefully soon) Chasing Amy.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I don't think it's possible to predict what a Gadot autograph will sell for when we don't know the number of cards signed yet and can't even make a good guess until either CZE puts out the information or breakers start to report the frequency of her pulls. Same would be true of all of them, but Gadot will have the most interest.

Momoa's cut autos in GoT ultra premium Inflexions are booking at a high of $500 and I think that's his best auto. The rest in GoT are around $300, but he also signed previously for Conan, not sure about Pop Century. Affleck has signed and is signing as noted and Cavill is not all that popular as an actor.

How many copies each of the top stars signed will make a big difference in the price of the card and whether or not case buyers will make a profit with the big card they get. If Gadot signed 20 cards, that card will be worth more than if she signed 200. However if she signed 200 the boxes will sell much better. I feel that they all had to sign at least 50 singles, hopefully more, but less than that would be a problem.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Momoa's cut autos in GoT ultra premium Inflexions are booking at a high of $500 and I think that's his best auto. The rest in GoT are around $300, but he also signed previously for Conan, not sure about Pop Century.

Momoa did sign for Pop Century and Stargate Atlantis in addition to Game of Thrones and Conan.