Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Downton Abbey
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted
I received a release today saying that Cryptozoic acquired the card and binder license for Downton Abbey.

No further details or timelines for sets was given.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
My daughter just became a card collector.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
May have to get in on this. Smile

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Cryptozoic is going to break me just on buying DVD sets to find out what the hubub is all about. And before anyone suggests it, Netflix is not an option here in satellite internet land. Shake Head

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Amazing News!!!!!!!
I'm doing a happy dance about this one Big Grin Elephant Clap

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This will bring alot of new blood into the hobby.this show is huge in the U.K.My partner hates my card hobby but this even has her interested.

I think this will go the same way as The Walking Dead.these will double if not triple upon release!just mark my words!

Posts: 174 | Location: Liverpool | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great! My wife loves this show. This will make easier to by my cards if she has an interest to.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
If anyone had told me that there would be a non-sports release for Downton Abbey i would have fallen about laughing on the floor.

Now that somebody is actually going to do it i will be very intrested to see how it goes.

Good luck with it. Thumb Up

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hopefully this opens the door for a Who set...

Posts: 275 | Location: California | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
A Doctor Who set would be amazing, but I thought, I could be completely wrong here, that it was the BBC that isn't interested in doing a set.

I don't think Downton has anything to do with the BBC, it is ITV that makes this show.

This set has me extremely interested, forget OUAT and Revenge (I'll pick up a few autos from each set), this is the show I will be collecting Big Grin

It is so refreshing to see something completely different being done for our hobby, Wolfie is right, when I suggested a Downton set everyone said it wasn't the right kind of license and not the right kind of people who watch would be interested in collecting. Funny now everyone is saying that it might bring fresh blood to card collecting. I'm so glad Cryptozoic didn't listen to them.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:

Wolfie is right

We need more posts like this. Big Grin

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:

Wolfie is right

We need more posts like this. Big Grin

Big Grin Razz Big Grin

But it's true, it will be interesting to see how well it does, considering it's not the usual genre for a card set.

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Oh yes i am very intrested to see how this does. It is totally not the sort of programme that would ever have a card set.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
Cryptozoic is going to break me just on buying DVD sets to find out what the hubub is all about. And before anyone suggests it, Netflix is not an option here in satellite internet land. Shake Head

Ed

If you have a public library near you they might have that this in their DVD collection. My library has a pretty good selection of DVD surprisingly.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lovemesomecards:
quote:

Ed

If you have a public library near you they might have that this in their DVD collection. My library has a pretty good selection of DVD surprisingly.

Great suggestion Lovemesomecards! I know my local library has alot of tv shows these days. If they don't have it Ed, do you have any local movie rental places close by? the few around me carry alot of tv shows as well, it's not free like the library, but still alot cheaper than buying the DVD sets.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Small town of 7000, lucky to have the library for books. Last time I was there they only had VHS movies in the multi-media section.

One movie rental option in town too. Might check to see what they have for TV. Haven't been there in AGES.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
of all the bbc shows ever made why pick downton abbey. Why not sherlock or something else.

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardinalfan13:
of all the bbc shows ever made why pick downton abbey. Why not sherlock or something else.
That probably has a lot to do with the fact that Downton Abbey isn't a BBC show Big Grin

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Far out, another show that I want to collect! For a couple of years there's been hardly anything, now I've got OUAT, Grimm and DA, im gonna be broke and drowning in cards.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Ed,

Try Season 1 on Redbox or Netflix.

Season 2 is on Amazon but not yet on Netflix.

Season 3 is done in the UK but is on PBS now which allows viewing of previous episodes for that Season.

NL

quote:
Small town of 7000, lucky to have the library for books. Last time I was there they only had VHS movies in the multi-media section.

One movie rental option in town too. Might check to see what they have for TV. Haven't been there in AGES.

Ed

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post