Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Downton Abbey
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
OK, now that I have watched all but the last episode of season 3...we need set information! There are more than a few of my fellow Chicago area dealers (sport and non) who are big fans.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Oy! Cryptozoic. Why don't I just start having my paychecks mailed to you?

My wife just started watching and watched all 3 seasons in 3 weeks. Huge cast so an auto list is well...Gulp!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
Oy! Cryptozoic. Why don't I just start having my paychecks mailed to you?

My wife just started watching and watched all 3 seasons in 3 weeks. Huge cast so an auto list is well...Gulp!

I hear your pain. This show has become my new favorite and I am only 1/2 way through season 2. I would love costume cards - period costumes are so lovely.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wonged
posted Hide Post
Unless Crypt already got some signatures, I am wondering if they will be able to get the actors that played Sybil and Matthew, since those characters were already killed-off, when those two actors wanted to leave the show. They were main characters. Seems like the producers would have "no clout" in getting those two actors to sign since they are no longer under contract Frown

Posts: 20 | Location: Central NY State | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I've read that Siobhan Finneran ("Sarah O’Brien") has left the cast too and won't be in Season 4.

I definitely wouldn't count Jessica Brown Findlay and Dan Stevens out. Cryptozoic may still be able to get them to sign for the Seasons 1, 2, and 3 sets (or Seasons 1 & 2, however they are doing it).

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wonged
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
I definitely wouldn't count Jessica Brown Findlay and Dan Stevens out. Cryptozoic may still be able to get them to sign for the Seasons 1, 2, and 3 sets (or Seasons 1 & 2, however they are doing it).

I wasn't so much counting them out, but just thinking that they may be "rare" since they may have to be paid whatever their agents are asking, since they are no longer under contract.

Posts: 20 | Location: Central NY State | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I'll be very surprised and shocked if Cryptozoic can get Dan Stevens to sign, as from interviews I have read he wants as little to do with the show as possible now, and I don't blame him at all since he did want to leave.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
I understand Dan wanted to leave the show but I think alot of it was twisted and stirred up by the media.

He was happy enough and kind enough to sign two Downton pics I sent him while he was in "The Heiress" in New York.

At the end of the day he also trades out on DA to get work and himself noticed so to refuse signing for the set would be churlish...

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
According to Previews this releases August 28 and includes sketch cards featuring the actors' likenesses. Clap I think this set is going to be fantastic. I just pre-ordered 2 cases and can't wait! Metal Here's the link:

http://www.previewsworld.com/H...tockItemID=STK612883

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
I would assume that the sketches will fall about 1 per case like The Walking Dead, especially if they are gunning for top-line photorealistic artists.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Shoot not another July release that I MUST have. I need to kick my frugality up several notches. Is it wrong to hope this gets delayed so I have more time to save? Period costumes Drool Drool

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was wondering if anyone knows the current release date for this? Is it still August 28th?

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cryptozoic has posted scans of the autographs:

http://www.cryptozoic.com/trad...le-cards-seasons-1-2

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
Cryptozoic has posted scans of the autographs:

I sure hope they bolster that auto lineup.

Posts: 47 | Location: indiana | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoopy351:

All but 2 of them have appeared in all 31 episodes (according to imdb - I don't watch the show). One of the remaining 2 in 25 of 31 episodes.
Surely that's a damn good line-up of regulars.

The only ones I really want (of those listed) are Michelle Dockery (Susan in Hogfather) and Phyllis Logan (Lady Jane in Lovejoy).

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
quote:
Originally posted by snoopy351:

All but 2 of them have appeared in all 31 episodes (according to imdb - I don't watch the show). One of the remaining 2 in 25 of 31 episodes.
Surely that's a damn good line-up of regulars.

The only ones I really want (of those listed) are Michelle Dockery (Susan in Hogfather) and Phyllis Logan (Lady Jane in Lovejoy).
\

"all but two" = 6 autographs, lol. they need to get more and specifically the stars. i am not worried - there is a lot of time still, but just sayin'...

Posts: 47 | Location: indiana | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Those look pretty nice. I have not gotten into the show yet but I know alot of people who love it.

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
The two big autographs to get are Maggie Smith and Shirley Maclaine.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Of the signers show, you got a nice mix of the "Downstairs" cast. It is the "upstairs" cast that is really missing.
Saying this, Mr. Castle is the auto I wanted the most, so I am set.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Lots of images posted of the autographs:

And they just announced Jessica Brown Findlay/Lady Sybil and Allen Leech/Tom Branson will be signing. This set is rounding out nicely. Only 6 "major" characters left to sign -- Robert, Cora, and Isobel Crawley, the Dowager, Matthew, and Bates. Shirley MacLaine wouldn't be signing until the next set as she didn't appear on the show until season 3. The only one I'm pessimistic about them getting to sign is Matthew.