Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Downton Abbey

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/955604453/m/9437018726

March 03, 2014, 04:54 PM
chris meeks
Downton Abbey
Cryptozoic has some of the sketch cards up on their page (Which all look incredible), so I can finally post one I worked on. Really enjoyed working on this set since I'm a huge fan of the show.

March 04, 2014, 06:51 AM
Jamster62
Jessica Brown Findlay finally returned her cards, so the release date should be posted soon.
March 04, 2014, 10:48 AM
barobehere
quote:
Originally posted by chris meeks:
Cryptozoic has some of the sketch cards up on their page (Which all look incredible), so I can finally post one I worked on. Really enjoyed working on this set since I'm a huge fan of the show.

That looks great! Got my fingers crossed that my wife would be so lucky as to pull one of your sketches out of her two boxes!
March 04, 2014, 04:06 PM
chris meeks
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
That looks great! Got my fingers crossed that my wife would be so lucky as to pull one of your sketches out of her two boxes!

Thanks! I hope she gets one as well. I did an equal amount of the standard size cards and the smaller set. Hopefully she'll find a Mr. Carson card. He's always fun to draw.:P
March 04, 2014, 04:13 PM
barobehere
I think she would prefer Mr. Carson. He is one of her favorites on the show!
March 05, 2014, 12:33 AM
Scifi Cards
New Release Date: April 16, 2014

Hope they hit this one, this set is overdue.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

March 15, 2014, 09:52 AM
wonged
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:

Ed

I just poked around the web to see if anyone else showing this April 16 release date. I found that Blowout cards has it listed as June 27 Confused I am hoping that was just a case of Blowout moving the date to the end of the second quarter. Ed, you still hearing April 16 from "your source" ?

March 16, 2014, 12:56 AM
Scifi Cards
quote:
Originally posted by wonged:
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:

Ed

I just poked around the web to see if anyone else showing this April 16 release date. I found that Blowout cards has it listed as June 27 Confused I am hoping that was just a case of Blowout moving the date to the end of the second quarter. Ed, you still hearing April 16 from "your source" ?

April 16 came from GTS, who is one of the few distributors. You would think the info would be reliable. But release dates from Cryptozoic are always questionable until the last minute.

They do show all the autos have been returned, so that is usually the big hurdle for them.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

March 16, 2014, 10:36 PM
Lovemesomecards
I am looking forward to this release. Too bad it couldn't be the week of the Chicago show than I could open my boxes there.

March 17, 2014, 01:23 AM
Jamster62
Cryptozoic does show a release date of 04/16/2014 on their site, and they have also posted a link showing the cards. I think that the design for the base and chase sets looks great. However, I am disappointed that there are only 12 wardrobe cards. And the ratios for the sketches are horrible: Sketch Cards are inserted 1 in 595 packs. Mini Sketch Cards are inserted 1 in 1674 packs.
March 17, 2014, 09:30 AM
wonged
quote:
Originally posted by Jamster62:
Cryptozoic does show a release date of 04/16/2014 on their site, and they have also posted a link showing the cards. I think that the design for the base and chase sets looks great. However, I am disappointed that there are only 12 wardrobe cards. And the ratios for the sketches are horrible: Sketch Cards are inserted 1 in 595 packs. Mini Sketch Cards are inserted 1 in 1674 packs.

Thanks for the updated info. I didn't know where you got your info on wardrobe and sketch cards from but now I see they have a link to a pdf file at the bottom of the page Smile

March 20, 2014, 02:00 AM
Gerry609
I noticed one reseller showing a release date revised to 6/27/14.
March 20, 2014, 09:04 AM
wonged
quote:
Originally posted by Gerry609:
I noticed one reseller showing a release date revised to 6/27/14.

Was that Blowout cards ?

March 21, 2014, 12:47 PM
chris meeks
Here are a few of the approved sketch cards I did for the set. The minis measure 1.5 x 2.5 I think?

March 21, 2014, 01:38 PM
Triple-Frog
Really excellent quality Thumb Up . Alison Sohn posted on Scoundrel that she did sketches for this set, her first after a long time away from the hobby.
March 21, 2014, 01:44 PM
Chuck Bartowski
Very nice Chris
March 21, 2014, 03:50 PM
dcole
Excellent sketches, Chris! Thumb Up

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.
March 21, 2014, 03:53 PM
H_Toser
Those are really terrific, Chris. Would love to own one of them. Great job!

March 21, 2014, 06:17 PM
chris meeks
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Those are really terrific, Chris. Would love to own one of them. Great job!

Thanks, guys!

Toser, Thanks so much. Hope you find one!
March 22, 2014, 10:54 AM
DavidDeb
Nice work man, they are beautiful!