Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Downton Abbey
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Looking really nice though I don't like the randomness of chase cards. Does anyone know if there will be at least 1 premium card per box?

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
Looking really nice though I don't like the randomness of chase cards. Does anyone know if there will be at least 1 premium card per box?

With Cryptozoic autographs are almost always 1 per box, wardrobe cards are at least 1 per box, and sketches are usually 1 per case. I haven't heard any specific ratios for the Downton set yet though.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
New info has been released by Cryptozoic. Sketches are 1:442 packs and there will be mini-sketches as well as standard size. I take it from the story that the autograph list is pretty much complete. You can read it here:

http://www.cryptozoic.com/blogs/trading-card-updates

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
If it takes 442 packs to pull, why exactly would anyone want a mini sketch over a standard size sketch? Wink

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wonged
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
If it takes 442 packs to pull, why exactly would anyone want a mini sketch over a standard size sketch? Wink

So 1 sketch per 18 boxes. But is a mini-sketch considered a sketch card ? Or is the mini-sketch cards at a different pull rate ?

Posts: 20 | Location: Central NY State | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

Well, you don't really have a chance to pull one. You have more of a "mini-chance".

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's really sad that they decided to make the sketch cards such tough pulls. As Ed queried, it would be really nice if the mini-sketch cards had a better pull rate. It would be really lame to pull a mini-sketch card after going through 1.535 cases of product.

Posts: 33 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jamster62:
It's really sad that they decided to make the sketch cards such tough pulls. As Ed queried, it would be really nice if the mini-sketch cards had a better pull rate. It would be really lame to pull a mini-sketch card after going through 1.535 cases of product.

I think the main reason for the scarcity is that fewer artists signed up for set. Even fewer for the smaller size.

Posts: 32 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chris meeks:
quote:

I believe the ratio on this product is better than it was on Revenge...I think it was 1:3 cases on Revenge.

The sketch cards are really an extra hit...this product will still have autos and wardrobe cards.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chuck Bartowski,

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
yeah indeed, the smaller size is well, quite smallSmile, but very cool! so of course most are more comfortable with the regular size.
I don't think any company really 'decide' a sketch card ratio. They set a production run and go with the sketches they have based on:
-artists that signed on the set, that is influenced by the popularity of a show or film
-artists that are 'approved' for the set (in some case they pre-approve some artists based on the samples they see
-number of sketches that remain after the licensor give the final approval

so depending of the situations, the final number can be quite small vs the initial forecast, but in most case, they can be seen as 'a bonus hit' for Cryptozoic's set and Game of Thrones for instance

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I am just hoping my wife finds one in one of her 2 boxes. Along with all the autos,costumes, base set and inserts in those 2 boxes!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
@DavidDeb

Awesome artwork, Dave! I hope that I pull one of your sketches!

Posts: 33 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
quote:
@DavidDeb

Awesome artwork, Dave! I hope that I pull one of your sketches!

thanks, best wishes

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Cryptozoic posted about base sets in Revenge, but it seems it will apply to Downton Abbey as well so it's worth the read:

quote:
As many of you have noticed, the base set for the Revenge cards is quite large. This means that it isn’t likely to open a complete base set of the cards from one box. Here is a quick breakdown of why that happens:

24 packs @ 5 cards = 120 cards per box

Box Content

1 Wardrobe card (one box out of case may have 2 Wardrobe cards), which displaces 4 Base cards = 116 Base cards per box
2 Behind the Scenes cards = 114 Base cards per box
2 Flashback cards = 112 Base cards per box
1 Autograph card (one box out of the case may have 2 Autograph cards) = 111 Base cards per box

Since the cards are somewhat randomly inserted, our printers require a 10% margin of error in order to guarantee a full base set. There are 108 cards in the Base set, which is a margin of error of only 2.7%, so we are not able to guarantee a Base set from one box. Collectors should expect 11 complete Base card sets from a case. While there should be plenty of Base sets to meet demand for Revenge, collectors should keep this situation in mind for Downton Abbey Series 1 & 2 Trading Cards, as we will run into similar issues since the base set is also very large (126 Base cards).

Seems to me the simple solution is to go to 6 cards per pack. Roll Eyes Because at $84.00 SRP, you SHOULD get a base set out of it IMHO.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wonged
posted Hide Post
quote:
While there should be plenty of Base sets to meet demand for Revenge, collectors should keep this situation in mind for Downton Abbey Series 1 & 2 Trading Cards, as we will run into similar issues since the base set is also very large (126 Base cards).

Now I am thoroughly confused !!
In the quote above, where does the 126 base cards come from ? I thought both Revenge and Downton Abbey are 108 base card sets ?

Also, no one has any answer per my prior posts ? Are mini-sketches considered regular sketches @ the insertion rate of 1:442 packs (1:18.4 boxes), or are they "in addition" to the regular sketches ?

Posts: 20 | Location: Central NY State | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
Also, no one has any answer per my prior posts ? Are mini-sketches considered regular sketches @ the insertion rate of 1:442 packs (1:18.4 boxes), or are they "in addition" to the regular sketches ?[/QUOTE]

as a regular sketch, you get either a regular or mini as I understand it with mini being more scarce since less been done

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wonged:
quote:
While there should be plenty of Base sets to meet demand for Revenge, collectors should keep this situation in mind for Downton Abbey Series 1 & 2 Trading Cards, as we will run into similar issues since the base set is also very large (126 Base cards).

Now I am thoroughly confused !!
In the quote above, where does the 126 base cards come from ? I thought both Revenge and Downton Abbey are 108 base card sets ?

Yes, I know what you mean. On the Downton Abbey Main Page, it states that the base set is 108 cards. However, on the "New Archer Release Date and Other Updates" post from Feb 10, 2014, it states: "...collectors should keep this situation in mind for Downton Abbey Series 1 & 2 Trading Cards, as we will run into similar issues since the base set is also very large (126 Base cards)."

Picture of wonged
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DavidDeb:
Also, no one has any answer per my prior posts ? Are mini-sketches considered regular sketches @ the insertion rate of 1:442 packs (1:18.4 boxes), or are they "in addition" to the regular sketches ?

as a regular sketch, you get either a regular or mini as I understand it with mini being more scarce since less been done

Dave, thanks for your reply ... so not as to beat a dead horse ...
you are saying that the odds of pulling EITHER a regular-size sketch or a mini-sketch are the stated 1:442 packs ?

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
That is what it looks like, yes. A Sketch card (regular or Mini) will hit 1:442 packs. Hopefully, my wife will find one in her 48 packs!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:

Seems to me the simple solution is to go to 6 cards per pack. Roll Eyes Because at $84.00 SRP, you SHOULD get a base set out of it IMHO.

Ed

Yep, I agree. We all didn't complain too much when boxes shrunk from 36 to 24 packs, at least not that I remember, and that was quite awhile ago. Then the number of boxes per case was reduced. Then the number of cards per pack started going down. By and large box prices have stayed in the same range, but by any measure the contents have decreased significantly.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post