Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Unstoppable Space 1999 autograph list
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unstoppable Space 1999 autograph list
 Login/Join

posted
Has anyone heard anything about who is signing for this set and a definite release date?

I've just seen the Thunderbirds auto cards and they're great.

Hope this set is just as good.

Posts: 82 | Location: massachusetts | Registered: March 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So waiting for it, but haven't heard a thing.

Unstoppable puts out good product, but getting it out seems to be like pulling teeth. Roll Eyes

Posts: 10366 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Unstoppable says that Capt Scarlet is coming out first-- in mid December

Posts: 4713 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Scarlet and 1999 have switched in the schedule. Last word on it from Barrie on FB page was that it may be three autos per box necessitating a price increase.

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spencer Quist:
Scarlet and 1999 have switched in the schedule. Last word on it from Barrie on FB page was that it may be three autos per box necessitating a price increase.

Here's what was said. "HI Jon, no nothing missed. We are releasing Captain Scarlet first as Space 1999 has become a much bigger beast, more sketches, so many more autograph cards. We want to do our absolute best. Look out for 3+ auto's per box now. Order now before pricing changes. We will honour all pre-orders before the price change to £79.99"

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So since Space 1999 won't come out until after Captain Scarlet, anybody have any idea when we are supposed to get Captain Scarlet? Or has that date passed too?

Posts: 10366 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
According to the e-mail I got from Barrie on Thursday Captain Scarlet ships tomorrow ( Monday 14th December ) .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
According to the e-mail I got from Barrie on Thursday Captain Scarlet ships tomorrow ( Monday 14th December ) .

I'm happy to hear that.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Unstoppable puts out good product

They used to...

As for this set, there were loads of people in single episodes who have signed multiple times for Unstoppable/Strictly before, so it'll be most/all of them. No doubt Shane Rimmer, Roy Boyd, Isla Blair, Bernard Cribbins, etc. plus Sylvia Anderson.

Without looking back through the whole cast list, Julian Glover was bound to be in it at some point too.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ravenheart,

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
quote:
Unstoppable puts out good product

They used to...

As for this set, there were loads of people in single episodes who have signed multiple times for Unstoppable/Strictly before, so it'll be most/all of them. No doubt Shane Rimmer, Roy Boyd, Isla Blair, Bernard Cribbins, etc. plus Sylvia Anderson.

Without looking back through the whole cast list, Julian Glover was bound to be in it at some point too.

The price increase makes me think they may have obtained some bigger names otherwise it just won't sell. There is potential for a stellar list as a look on imdb shows. Joan Collins, Ian McShane, Sarah Douglas, Patrick Mower, Dave Prowse, Pamela Stephenson, Carolyn Seymour, and many others guest starred in a single episode.

I did hear a rumour at Memorabilia last month that they may have Martin Landau and Barbara Bain Eek .

You are correct about Julian Glover, he was in one episode Big Grin .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So now I'm confused about all these guests mentioned. Are we talking about Captain Scarlet or Space 1999?

For Space 1999, autographs of Landau or Bain would be a terrific get, but I don't believe either have been cooperative in the past. I could see Bain more than Landau. Of course they could always try cut signature cards.

I'm hoping for Catherine Schell, or von Schell as she now signs, and maybe Nick Tate. I would have to go back to my tapes for significant guest stars. Too bad Tony Anholt is no longer with us, I liked him.

Oh I see the list on Wikipedia, no idea about some of it. In the US Space 1999 was released on local stations as reruns after production had stopped. I'm pretty sure I saw the second season without seeing much of the first one. And then it was over.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

posted Hide Post
Martin Landau signed for Leaf Pop Century so I would not rule him out. When I met him he signed photos from both Space: 1999 and Mission: Impossible and I got to speak to him about both and seemed proud of them both. He is a very nice guy so my fingers are crossed. Roy Dotrice is another I hope signs, he was in 2 episodes.

Posts: 193 | Location: Ca | Registered: June 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Also, Landau has appeared at some autograph conventions and does sign ttm. So you never know.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm hoping for Catherine Schell, or von Schell as she now signs, and maybe Nick Tate.
Her first appearance in Space: 1999 had her listed as Katerina von Schell, before she played Maya in Season 2. So if she were to sign as 'von Schell' it would actually be a good thing :-)

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I liked Catherine Schell too - remembered her from "Return of the Pink Panther."

Yeah, I'm old enough to remember when Space 1999 started playing on TV here in the US. It was on Saturdays at 7pm starting in 1976 (I think). For a teenager the first season was rather dull except for one episode in which the moon passed between warring planets and both militaries tried to use the moon as a platform for launching attacks on the other. The second season was better with the arrival of Maya, the shape-shifting alien. She contributed to the generally warmer tone of the show - more humor and romance.

quote:
I'm hoping for Catherine Schell, or von Schell as she now signs, and maybe Nick Tate. I would have to go back to my tapes for significant guest stars. Too bad Tony Anholt is no longer with us, I liked him.

Oh I see the list on Wikipedia, no idea about some of it. In the US Space 1999 was released on local stations as reruns after production had stopped. I'm pretty sure I saw the second season without seeing much of the first one. And then it was over.

Posts: 4360 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is the autograph list for Space 1999
Barbara Bain
Nick Tate
Zienia Merton
Catherine Schell
Brian Blessed
Jess Conrad
Valerie Leon
Brian Johnson
Shane Rimmer
Bernard Cribbens
Roy Boyd
Jack Klaff
Susan Jameson
Pam Rose
Suzanne Heimer
Robert Atiko
Christopher Penfold

Cut signatures of Barry Morse, Martin Landau and Gerry Anderson

You can also get Martin Landau from Leaf Trading Cards. There is one with photo from Space 1999, and you can still get Barry Morse from Rittenhouse Archives's Twilight Zone auto cards.

I've also found out that the UFO trading cards from Unstoppable coming out in July will feature autographs from Wanda Ventham, Gabrielle Drake, Aysha Brough and Georgina Moon.

Posts: 82 | Location: massachusetts | Registered: March 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
All the information for this release is now up on the website.

I would say it is a mixture of good news and bad news, the binder looks very nice.

Posts: 28997 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Sample of cards shown look very nice. I have not watched any episodes in awhile, so I'm not sure about the characters played by many of those signers. If I pulled Bain or Schell, that would solve it. Wink

Not sure what you mean by bad news, but the only thing I don't care for is the 2 - 3 hits per box notation.

On the one hand it's a good thing to keep breakers honest, but I really dislike it when the box you get does not have the extra hit that others find.

It would be nice if you received more desirable hits when you have the short boxes, but that is not the case, it's just random. So since everyone is paying approximately the same amount for the box, I don't see why you should be fighting the odds twice, not just to get a "good" hit, but also to get your full share of the hits.

I'll still be happy to get this finally and hope for the best.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sample of cards shown look very nice. I have not watched any episodes in awhile, so I'm not sure about the characters played by many of those signers. If I pulled Bain or Schell, that would solve it. Wink

Not sure what you mean by bad news, but the only thing I don't care for is the 2 - 3 hits per box notation.

Barbara Bain, Nick Tate & Jess Conrad are not pack inserted. They are "dealer only bonuses". Not the best of news.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:

Barbara Bain, Nick Tate & Jess Conrad are not pack inserted. They are "dealer only bonuses". Not the best of news.[/QUOTE]

I missed that part. Eek

Which begs the questions, when was that decided and is it really ethical to advertise signers that are not going to be pack inserted without specifically saying it? I mean, at this point I don't really get that upset about these things because it just seems that collectors are always kept in the dark, but if you are told autographs were gotten from so-so, there is an expectation that one COULD POSSIBLY be in the boxes you buy. Twak