Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Unstoppable Space 1999 autograph list
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unstoppable Space 1999 autograph list
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So after some digging around on Unstoppable's site and Facebook page, which I am unfamiliar with, it seems that 18 autograph cards have been pack inserted, while 29 autograph cards are in Series 1. The 11 autograph cards not seeded are referred to as case toppers or dealer incentives, without much else said.

So I'm not trying to pick on Unstoppable in particular, although I really wish I had known about this before I ordered boxes, but is this move by manufacturers to make more and more premium hits outside of the boxes not counter-productive to actually selling the product?

I can accept 2 or 3 dealer incentives, but when the best cards will not be seeded, why not forego the boxes altogether and go straight to the secondary market? And if everyone does that, doesn't that mean that the dealers will have no one to sell sealed product to and they will have to bust and take their chances on selling individual cards and lots?

Maybe I'm missing something here, but discouraging collectors from buying boxes because you want dealers to buy cases seems like a Catch-22. Who are the dealers supposed to sell boxes to if not collectors? Roll Eyes

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Now you know what the bad was. Anyone buying this product as a box would have been hoping to pull the best autograph in the set which is the Barbara Bain where as in reality you never stood a chance as it is not in the boxes.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The old "bait and switch."

There are 2 versions of the Barbara Bain auto cards. One could have been included in the boxes, since the customers who pre-ordered expected Bain to be included. That fact should have been made clear way before people placed pre-orders. The other would have been an incentive. That would have been fair.

Posts: 82 | Location: massachusetts | Registered: March 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by space phantom:
The old "bait and switch."

There are 2 versions of the Barbara Bain auto cards. One could have been included in the boxes, since the customers who pre-ordered expected Bain to be included. That fact should have been made clear way before people placed pre-orders. The other would have been an incentive. That would have been fair.

Exactly. I would not be happy one bit if I pre-ordered any of this.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unstoppable Cards have listened for Series 2. They've made it clear what autograph cards are case toppers. The only thing that annoys me are the 'holdover' cards from Series 1. These cards are easy to spot as they have a black background with the name in white. Series 2, the background is orange. All Barbara Bain cards are incentives.

If Unstoppable are true to their word. Series 2 ships tomorrow. Since I live in the UK. I should be able to give a box breakdown during the coming week.

Posts: 21 | Location: Devon UK | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have to correct you. BB3 is the only incentive (three case card). While the others are apparently going in the boxes at a 1 in 2 case ratio. So I understand it.

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As I understand it. BB3 is the only (currently) advertised incentive card. Previous Barbara Bain cards were incentive case toppers. As I also understand it. There were only 50 of each (BB1 & BB2) for the first series.

I have found Unstoppable Cards to be a little frugle with the facts, until all cases have been sold. Mind you. If I get a pack pulled Barbara Bain card, I'll admit I completely screwed up!

Posts: 21 | Location: Devon UK | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Someone told me that it now won't be out until July 13. Not sure if that is true

UPDATE: Unstoppable says shipping July 11

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tommy C,

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So some conflicting information.

Apparently only 149 cases.
No sketches in any of the case incentive packs.
Early publicity stated 300-400 sketches done for the set.

Early reports from those received their cases say only one sketch per case. I'm no mathematician but something is amiss here.

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spencer Quist:
So some conflicting information.

Apparently only 149 cases.
No sketches in any of the case incentive packs.
Early publicity stated 300-400 sketches done for the set.

Early reports from those received their cases say only one sketch per case. I'm no mathematician but something is amiss here.

Where is the conflicting information....??? Unstoppable Cards never advertised sketch cards in the case packs..!
I agree cases should have more than one if 300 - 400 were produced.

Posts: 138 | Location: England | Registered: August 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's what I was meaning. If there's none in the case packs. They should be in the boxes.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A UK dealer told me only 129 cases, not 149

10 boxes per case

The Unstoppable website says only 1,299 boxes made

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Things have become a little more interesting.

Dealers here in the UK, have begun to break down cases. One previously unadvertised autograph has appeared. Valerie Leon has signed for Series 2. It's definetly a Series 2 card, as it has an orange border of the bottom of the card (Unlike the Series 1 black).

posted Hide Post
Yeah different orange border and like some other repeat signees from set one, EXACTLY the same image as the previous card!
Also so far the Bains being pulled are the black border ones from the first set too. No wonder they were few and far between for that set. They were being saved for this one.

posted Hide Post
Yeah, I noticed that the two Bain cards were hold overs from Series 1. However. On the Unstoppable website, BB-1 and BB-2 have the orange border (Plus one image is different). ZM-1 (Zienia Merton) has surfaced. ZM-3 was part of Series 1. So where is ZM-2?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There are alot of mysteries on Unstoppable cards

Last year's The Saint had promos PR1 and PR3 but no PR2, to my knowledge

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the other black border Blesseds and Cribbins have surfaced in this set too! Although already had the Brian the Brain backing in the last set as it was put on the dead captain card on limited numbers somehow. Al the Nick Tate cards seem to be from previous set too.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Also, besides there not being a Saint PR2 I don't think there was a Prisoner PR2, either, just PR1 and PR3

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spencer Quist:
Although already had the Brian the Brain backing in the last set as it was put on the dead captain card on limited numbers somehow.

I have the Bernard Cribbins BC-1 front, BC-2 back card myself. These seem to be quite rare. However. What appears to be more common is a Bernard Cribbins BC-2 front, BC-1 back. The Brian the Brain (on both sides) seems to be harder to find.

posted Hide Post
Just to let everyone know. My Binder and 3 box package has just arrived. I'll be back a bit later with the box breakdown.