Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    2020 Upper Deck Marvel Runaways
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2020 Upper Deck Marvel Runaways
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted
Watching the show Bosch and decided to see if Annie Wersching had any autograph cards.

Looks like UD has recently dropped this one with many of the main cast members being represented with autographs. Most of them are in a decent price range.

12 signers on basically 3 versions of autograph cards. Many of them still young in their acting careers.

Ariela Barer as Gert Yorkes
Angel Parker as Catherine Wilder
Annie Wersching as Leslie Dean
Brigid Brannagh as Stacey Yorkes
Brittany Ishibashi as Tina Minoru
DeVaughn Nixon as Darius Davis
Gregg Sulkin as Chase Stein
James Yaegashi as Robert Minoru
Kevin Weisman as Dale Yorkes
Lyrica Okano as Niko Minoru
Ryan Sands as Geoffrey Wilder
Virginia Gardner as Karolina Dean

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There are actually more than 12 signers, some have only signed on specific versions of cards.

I don't have a list of signers, but the complete checklist is on the ePack site -- this is an ePack exclusive release:

https://www.upperdeckepack.com...All/Marvels-Runaways

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Ahh yeah...looks like the Wanted cards had a little bit different mix. Maybe closer to 19 or 20.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like 19 different solo autographs.

I personally am not a huge fan of the "Staff of One" variations.

Amanda Suk
Angel Parker
Annie Wersching
Ariela Barer
Brigid Brannagh
Brittany Ishibashi
Cody Mayo
Danielle Campbell
Devan Long
DeVaughn Nixon
Gregg Sulkin
Heather Olt
James Yaegashi
Kevin Weisman
Lyrica Okano
Nicole Wolf
Patricia Lentz
Ryan Sands
Virginia Gardner

Here are the main variations -- there are also dual autos, inscriptions, etc.

Staff of One:
SOO-AB Ariela Barer
SOO-AP Angel Parker
SOO-AW Annie Wersching
SOO-BB Brigid Brannagh
SOO-BI Brittany Ishibashi
SOO-DN DeVaughn Nixon
SOO-GS Gregg Sulkin
SOO-JY James Yaegashi
SOO-KW Kevin Weisman
SOO-LO Lyrica Okano
SOO-RS Ryan Sands
SOO-VG Virginia Gardner

Wanted:
W-AS Amanda Suk
W-CM Cody Mayo
W-DC Danielle Campbell
W-DL Devan Long
W-HO Heather Olt
W-JY James Yaegashi
W-KW Kevin Weisman
W-LO Lyrica Okano
W-NW Nicole Wolf
W-PL Patricia Lentz
W-RS Ryan Sands
W-VG Virginia Gardner

Photo Variations:
R#1-AB Ariela Barer
R#1-AP Angel Parker
R#1-AW Annie Wersching
R#1-BB Brigid Brannagh
R#1-BI Brittany Ishibashi
R#1-GS Gregg Sulkin
R#1-JY James Yaegashi
R#1-KW Kevin Weisman
R#1-LO Lyrica Okano
R#1-RS Ryan Sands
R#1-VG Virginia Gardner

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Are these people well known in the usa? I have never heard of any of them.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:

Personally the only actor from this list I was familiar was Kevin Weisman, who was in Alias. I interviewed him for NSU years ago.

The prices on most of these autographs are extremely low on COMC.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I recognise Annie Wersching from Timeless and, checking IMDB, she'd been in a few episodes of Castle (Nathan Fillion show).
Brigid Brannagh has turned up in episodes of various shows that I've watched.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:

I had to look up the title Marvel Runaways, so I sure don't know them. Big Grin

It seems to be mainly about six super "teenagers" with villainous parents, so perhaps the younger actors will go on to bigger things. James Marsters of Buffy fame has a part in here, but no autograph card listed above, which is odd because he often signs cards for his shows.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I was not aware of the show either.

So many of these actors are new in their careers. Due to the low price on quite a few of these it is for either fans of the show or collectors who want to speculate where some of these careers may end up.

We can call it the Meghan Markle factor. Wink

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's actually not a bad show , it was on SYFY here in the UK . It benefited from not being on a major network so no interference from suits and the same showrunners for all three seasons so a consistent tone and development of characters.

It's also got a rare Stan Lee TV cameo in season 1 Smile . Unusually for Upper Deck it looks like the autographs are on card rather than the awful stickers . I will be collecting these if I can find sellers with reasonable shipping rates from the USA as sadly no chance of any UK dealers stocking them Frown .

Alternatively I might just wait until I can get back to the USA on holiday . By then the prices might have come down and I can get some sent to my hotel Big Grin .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
I will be collecting these if I can find sellers with reasonable shipping rates from the USA as sadly no chance of any UK dealers stocking them .

Alternatively I might just wait until I can get back to the USA on holiday . By then the prices might have come down and I can get some sent to my hotel .

Won't find dealers with these most likely.

This is ePack exclusive, no boxes or packs exist for shops or dealers to deal in.

Best bet is to go to COMC and buy what you like, they don't have the shipping restrictions ePack has on new Marvel.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed this show, but I'm amazed anyone did a set for it.

Annie Wersching is definitely the only "name" on the signers list.

Which makes the missing ones disappointing. I would have liked to get people like James Marsters and Julian McMahon.

Not that these will ever be available in the UK.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post