Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Batman Classic TV set?? (Cryptozoic)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Batman Classic TV set?? (Cryptozoic)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I see that DC Comics is releasing a Batman '66 comic book starting in July, based on the old TV show, so perhaps we'll soon see cards and DVDs ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of anthonyd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I see that DC Comics is releasing a Batman '66 comic book starting in July, based on the old TV show, so perhaps we'll soon see cards and DVDs ?

Thanks for letting me know that! I did a quick search and found a blog post with picture. Looks good!

Posts: 802 | Location: MA | Registered: March 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dstrohmeng
posted Hide Post
Am I the only one who would be up for some new Batman movie sets? I'd love to see a Batman 1989 set on modern card stock (and on a purely selfish note, I want a new Batman & Robin set).

Posts: 380 | Location: Buffalo | Registered: February 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd love to have a Riddler auto finally and not have to settle for his card from the Star Trek series . Plus a Joker auto would be sweet . I doubt they'd be able to obtain any costumes or props from the show but that'd be a nice bonus . Sketches , I'm not sure about because you never know how well they'll turn up . You might be lucky and get a nice full color sketch like the ones in The Walking Dead , or something that looks like a 3 year old did with a pencil Confused

Posts: 35 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: April 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IbDaToNeGuY:
I'd love to have a Riddler auto finally and not have to settle for his card from the Star Trek series .

You're going to have to settle for the Trek autograph as Frank Gorshin passed away in 2005.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
There's still time for a Adam West and Burt Ward with a dual autograph being a must, but unfortunately many of the other guest stars on the show have passed away, many in the last 10 years.

I most would've wanted a signed card of Burgess Meredith since I loved his work in many other things, too, but Cesar Romero, Liberace, Vincent Price, man, all of those would've been great. How about a triple signed Catwoman card from the 3 actresses who played her? Alas, the purr-fect Eartha Kitt is no longer with us, so that can't happen now.

A cut signature booklet with 5 or 6 of the best villains would be fantastic. How about a dual cut of Commissioner Gordon and Alfred?

This could still be a very nice set. I hope it happens. The '66 Comic series is on the cover of this month's "Previews" so hopefully that's just part of the push and the cards are soon to follow. The 50th anniversary of the series premiere will be here soon. Maybe that's what they're waiting on to finally put the series out on DVD.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A rogues' gallery of cut signatures would be great in this set. Even if you only do like 5 of each, there were enough villains that they could still be seeded at reasonable odds. And I don't know if many, except for maybe Liberace, would set Crypto back a lot to acquire.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dstrohmeng
posted Hide Post
Is there a chance that this might just be an art set rather than a photo set, since the new comic is starting soon?

Posts: 380 | Location: Buffalo | Registered: February 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
A rogues' gallery of cut signatures would be great in this set. Even if you only do like 5 of each, there were enough villains that they could still be seeded at reasonable odds. And I don't know if many, except for maybe Liberace, would set Crypto back a lot to acquire.

I think that this is a GREAT idea!! Big Grin

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
This could be the most popular set in years without sketches!

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dstrohmeng:
Is there a chance that this might just be an art set rather than a photo set, since the new comic is starting soon?

Then it won't be a "classic TV" set if it is new art!

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
This could be the most popular set in years without sketches!

AGREE - I think this is one set that has no need for sketches

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post