Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Game of Thrones Season Eight
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season Eight
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
There is the same type of Sean Bean card with just the autograph on, no inscription. Cant find any others for him so hopefully there arent many about.

Seen one other for Roxanne McKee but that wouldnt be worth doing of course.

Posts: 120 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: June 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neilsy:
There is the same type of Sean Bean card with just the autograph on, no inscription. Cant find any others for him so hopefully there arent many about.

Seen one other for Roxanne McKee but that wouldnt be worth doing of course.

You saw a Bean signature on one of the "inscription" style cards without an inscription or a sketch? Then he must have slipped up, that shouldn't be. Same with McKee, but she had no sketches noted and is of little importance as you said.

Still, for anyone who only signed their names when the style is "Inscription", anybody could add anything.

Posts: 10358 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

Same with McKee, but she had no sketches noted and is of little importance.

She says she loves you too. Big Grin

Posts: 28997 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:

As a character in the story, the story! Trying to get me in trouble with her mother on Mother's Day? Big Grin

Posts: 10358 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:

And she took very many ways to tell you so, in her inscription variations. (Though I wonder whether missing commas in "Love Roxanne" were a command?)

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I just posted an Archive Box result for this in the box break section. Those didn't include from Ned Stark or Jaime Lannister cards, but an example from all of the others are shown.
My favorite is the Bella Ramsey...

Posts: 3316 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Just updating my GoT autograph checklist thru Season 8 and a few things jumped out that I didn't realize.

1 - Despite the abundance of repeat signers over the whole run of GoT card products, a fairly large number of actors only did 2 cards, mainly in Full Bleed and Bordered designs. Some of those were released new in Season 8, but have 2 design styles. Some bigger stars like Clarke, Christie, Momoa and Madden only have 2 design styles, not counting "cut signature" cards.

2 - Even more surprising, 18 signers only have 1 autograph card and only 3 of those were released new in Season 8. The names of single card signers are David Benioff, Rebecca Bensen, Sam Coleman, Alexandra Dowling, Hannah John-Kamen, Gwyneth Keyworth, Mark Killeen, Fergus Leathem, Geotge R. R. Martin, Philip McGinley, Fintan McKeown, Ross O'Hennessy, Struan Rodger, Richard Rycroft, Adele Smith-Kennedy, Daniel Tuite, D, B. Weisse and Leo Woodruff.

3. Most, but not all, single card signers are in the Full Bleed design and would be considered common signers. Benioff, Weiss and Martin were Season 2 multi-case incentives.

4. It is likely that at least some of the 1 and 2 card signers new from Season 8 will be appearing in other designs in the next Complete GoT. Also anybody can show up in the next one, however a fair number of these limited signers come from early seasons and may not appear again.

So given the data, I was wondering if other GoT card collectors are likely to be willing to pay higher prices in the future for autographs of common signers that end up being limited to 1 or 2 cards? What about those stars that may be limited to 1 or 2 cards?

For me the answer would be yes, I think prices should rise for actors/characters that have limited designs, even though they may have a larger print run on the particular cards and may be minor characters. The fact that they don't appear in many designs should increase their demand if completion is a goal for the collectors.

Of course we have to wait and see what continues to be released, but I was not expecting to see that so many minor characters were not as used as I thought they were, especially in the later designs of Blue, GOLD, Inscription, Duals or Valyerian and also didn't come back in different FB or Bordered cards.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,