Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Game of Thrones Season Eight
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season Eight
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Are the quotes 1of1 or are there multiples of each

Traded with: RupT, Mar53, LUZNDAVE, Cardz_house , INDYPAT75, blwilson, KADRAN00157, Card Reaper, Tangent, Shaunicus, Ifish, wolfie, rwn410, Geoff bovey, WarriorBabe, womble

Posts: 855 | Location: Coventry - England | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wuher:
Are the quotes 1of1 or are there multiples of each

For RA, Scarce means less than a 100. You might assume that refers to the card quantity, rather than an individual inscription. The number of inscriptions per signer ranges from 1 for two of them to as many as 15 for Bella Ramsey. Sean Bean also has something called Misc. with Drawing. There will be multiples of the same inscription from the same signer, but there is no way of knowing at this time if there will be an equal distribution. I wouldn't count on any inscription being a 1/1, but of course its not impossible.

Posts: 10353 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Now the full inscription checklist is back up on RA's website and they have added 2 more:

Ramsey "62"
Bean "Eddard"

Total stands at 367 inscriptions I think and let's hope that's the final tally. Roll Eyes

Posts: 10353 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
I'm just super super excited that Eugene Simon has an inscription card and it's the only one in the 'Very Limited' range. Wink Big Grin
Yes, I'm joking, and that just means I'm more likely to have that one in my box. *groan* Roll Eyes

I still don't see what the fuss is on these inscriptions. Most aren't even a character 'catch phrase'. Give me a nice clean non-gimmick autograph card any day over this stupid attempt at individuality. Big Grin
The Sean Bean 'Misc'...for miscellaneous drawing(I assume) could just be a 'X' or a heart or even a curly wurly exclamation mark. Unless it's "Winter is Coming" there's not much point to the other stuff. Roll Eyes

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog Witch:
a curly wurly exclamation mark

That's his signature.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog Witch:
a curly wurly exclamation mark

That's his signature.

Big Grin True.

I was a big Sean Bean fan back when the 'Sharpe' TV movies started in the 1990s...and I'll personally always treasure the personally signed photo and message he sent me, over any of the autograph cards he's signed. It was before the huge LOTR fandom hit...and therefore while he still had time to sign his whole name rather than the curly wurly 'SB'. Smile
Hmm...just made myself feel ancient. Big Grin

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I was wondering if this GoT release might be delayed with all the current disruptions, but apparently not. Some cases are reported as having arrived early and are being broken already.

NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
I was wondering if this GoT release might be delayed with all the current disruptions, but apparently not. Some cases are reported as having arrived early and are being broken already.

Some people have already gotten their orders for this so I would hope not on the rest.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My cases arrived today.

RA just put up a notice about processing delays if you buy direct from them.

https://www.scifihobby.com/

Posts: 67 | Location: TX | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rittenhouse just shipped my GoT Q80 rewards card today (despite the shutdown in their state, PA)

Posts: 67 | Location: TX | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I just got my Q80 in the UK today - Well done RA

Posts: 12151 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
If you haven't viewed RA's autograph checklist lately, there have been additions and changes. At this point I no longer care, but there are several more inscriptions coming from Coster-Waldau and McCain and maybe some others. For Coster-Waldau they make a point of saying they will not be in the archive box. That I don't understand. Was every different inscription supposed to be in the archive box? That's going to be an archive tote bag then. Big Grin

Anyway I'm on hold with these cards because my GoT boxes are stuck in a shuttered store and I won't see them until non-essential businesses can re-open.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
As for scarcity for signers of inscriptions, I did counts of the first few days on the auction site. Some sellers might not list multiple copies of the same signer, so there are a couple that seem to fall between the level I put them at and the next-most-common group, but the distribution comes in four clumps:

Scarcest: Nicolaj Coster-Waldau, Rory McCann (?), Sean Bean.

Uncommon: Maisie Williams, Michelle Fairley, Nathalie Emmanuel, Rose Leslie (?).

Common: Bella Ramsey, Burn Gorman, Clive Russell, Dean-Charles Chapman, Dominic Carter, Donald Sumpter, Elizabeth Webster, Eros Vlahos, Eugene Simon, Faye Marsay, Finn Jones, Francis Magee, Hanhan Waddingham, Ian Beattie, Ian Hanmore, Ian McElhinney, Iwan Rheon, Jerome Flynn, Kristian Nairn, Lino Facioli, Lucy Hayes, Mark Stanley, Miltos Yerolemou, Natalia Tena, Nicholas Blane, Paola Dionisotti, Pilou Asbaek, Richard Brake, Moxanne McKee, Rupert Vansittart, Susan Brown, Tim Plester, Tom Wlaschina, Wilf Scolding, Will Todor.

Very Common: Ian Whyte, Sibel Kekilli, Staz Nair.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing your analysis/work Jeff!

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
RA has listed a staggering total of 364 different Inscriptions, because each signer except one has multiple inscriptions added to the same card.

Two. Eros Vlahos in addition to Eugene Simon.

quote:
So by my count, which may have missed a card give or take because I was going blind, there are 421 signed cards in this product that are being listed separately, mainly due to the varying inscriptions.

It's "worse" than that. Some of the cards on the Rittenhouse inscriptions list have up to three variations of capitalization, punctuation, and/or text. Some of the words on the Ritt lists aren't exactly right, and I count eleven inscriptions (so far) that aren't on their list at all. Six of those are from Bella Ramsey, who must have decided to add 'unauthorized' variety. I bet some of them are 1/1's.

quote:
I have maintained my own checklist of signed GoT cards all these years to keep up some personal account of what I have and what I need. I think I just gave up. Do you know how long it will take me to copy each of those inscriptions into an Excel worksheet? Not going to happen. Big Grin

I'd be happy to send you my spreadsheet, or you can import it when I post the list this weekend. I pretty much decided to give up on chasing autos from this release and settle for filling in my gaps from the earlier series (I won't pay a fortune for any, but I did pick up a Gleeson Gold from InfleXions recently for $55.) My count of autos "missing" from master sets is S1(9), S2(3), S3(3), S4(3), S5(4), S6(2), VS(4), S7(3), Inflex(2+5dual+5cut).

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much for the offer Jeff, but I wound up slapping something together on my Excel spreadsheet since I'm just stuck at home anyway, although I didn't break it down to capitalization and punctuation variances. I'm going crazy enough as it is. Big Grin

My list is just for the autographs and I have it running alphabetically, unlike yours by the set release. It's easier for me to know who I still need and to track the card designs. I'm not even trying for a master set, just one signature from everybody. I was doing very well, missing just 2 actors, until InfleXions and Season Eight came out with new signers. I hope to get back to the search eventually, but maybe not for awhile. Frown

I'm sure your list is much more complete and accurate than mine, but you can likewise have it if you want it. Best regards.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Just saw that one of the Sean Bean autograph card variants with his sketch sold on eBay for $999.99. Not too shabby for a non-artist. The funny part is that the signature is even worst then his usual attempt. Looks like the pen was streaking after all that drawing. Wink

posted Hide Post
Just wondering if they have done anything to stop these cards being altered? Whats to stop someone buying a normal signature card and adding a drawing or inscription themselves? If people crop cards to make a few dollars, I would be worried about buying these cards incase they are altered.

Posts: 120 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: June 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neilsy:
Just wondering if they have done anything to stop these cards being altered? Whats to stop someone buying a normal signature card and adding a drawing or inscription themselves? If people crop cards to make a few dollars, I would be worried about buying these cards incase they are altered.

I have the Sean Bean one where he has put Wolfie is Great as the inscription.

Posts: 28997 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neilsy:

Well for Sean Bean, all the autographs he signed are inscriptions and they are all listed as scarce. So to fake a Bean variant sketch, they would actually have to put it on over an existing inscription, as well as having the right looking ink and be able to copy a similar sketch. I don't think that would be too realistic, especially when you already have a legitimate high dollar card.

Since the hypothetical has been brought up, what would seem to be a much easier fake would be to take someone's regular signed card and turn it into the same person's inscription signed card. However, THIS IS KEY, the inscription style is different from all other styles, so you really can't make an inscription better unless you are altering an existing inscription card. That seems less likely.

Plus it looks like Bean used the sketch in place of doing an inscription. So if you did see one offered with both a sketch and some sort of writing besides the signature, that would seem to be very suspicious.

RA was smart enough to create a different style for these inscriptions, or else I'm sure you would have to be very cautious of all of them. Collectors have to know that though, because someone might still try to spin a regular autograph style into an inscription or variant if they can get away with it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,