Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    SUPERNATURAL - Seasons 1-3 (Cryptozoic)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SUPERNATURAL - Seasons 1-3 (Cryptozoic)
 Login/Join

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are investigating this issue now and will post a follow-up as soon as possible. - Cryptozoic Entertainment

Posts: 69 | Location: CA | Registered: October 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mgeo:
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are investigating this issue now and will post a follow-up as soon as possible. - Cryptozoic Entertainment

Thank you for addressing this. Thumb Up

Posts: 79 | Location: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: October 05, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Im stunned by this. Surely all card companies must check the autographs before releasing them?
After all they claim them as Authentic and personally signed on the card?
It brings the whole hobby into question if this doesnt happen as standard.

Posts: 120 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: June 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Her autograph has looked dodgy from the moment Crypto posted the scan when she sent them back. Couldn't put my finger on why, but obviously now I can.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Geez, who does she think she is stamping her autographs? It's safe to say this will be the last time she signs an official card once it is discovered that these are not genuine.
She should be sued for contract violation. It's going to cost Crypto time and money to fix this mistake and also damage it's reputation for not picking up this error.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It wouldn't be the first time something like this happened. A couple of years ago NASCAR driver Brad Keselowski admitted that he had someone else sign his cards for one of the releases.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your patience, everyone. We have posted an update about Katie Cassidy's Supernatural Trading Cards Seasons 1-3 autograph cards on our blog here:

http://www.cryptozoic.com/blog...ural-autograph-cards

Posts: 69 | Location: CA | Registered: October 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Unfortunate that it happened. It's kind of amazing to think that some celebrities actually see no difference between a mechanically produced signature and their hand written autograph. Or at least I would assume that's what they think, since they are the ones handing them out. Roll Eyes

Anyway Cryptozoic has taken action to inform card buyers and rectify the situation for those that may have already acquired the stamped version. That's all you can ask for now and CZE should be given credit for resolving the matter in the best interests of the collectors.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
I agree, it's the best way to deal with this.
CZE handled this in a professional manner so credit to them.

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I'm really concerned about those customers who are not online or don't follow the forums.

It's obvious that with one sample you might not realize the problem, Cryptozoic missed them and had them all to compare. And online is the only way to know about the trade in.

I hope CZE thinks about a box insert in the next set explaining what happened with the trade in information.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
I hope CZE thinks about a box insert in the next set explaining what happened with the trade in information.

Ed

Possibly, but CZE is just as likely to want to move on by that time.

A more immediate question is what are the on-line sellers doing with the "stamp" card? Most of those people are dealers, or at least they are knowledgeable enough to read the forums. Are they sending in their original cards for the trade-in or are they still selling them, either undisclosed or as a variant?

Yes I did say variant, because you do know that there will be some people who will want both the "stamp" card and the hand signed card for there complete set, right? Wink

I'll clarify that, the "stamp" card is worthless as far as I'm concerned. However I'm sure that there will be a demand for it just because it has a trade-in now. That is how collectors are, just take something back and suddenly they want it. Big Grin

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
I'm really concerned about those customers who are not online or don't follow the forums.

Ed

Like I mentioned before. I feel bad for all of those collectors who bought via Ebay(spent a lot of $$) and have no clue.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've seen people pay a stupid amount of money for the stamped one too.

And I do mean stupid, because the stamp was so badly done, and so obvious, the people who paid money for it really are...

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
I've seen people pay a stupid amount of money for the stamped one too.

And I do mean stupid, because the stamp was so badly done, and so obvious, the people who paid money for it really are...

How are they supposed to know without being involved on the forums? Many sellers will post one photo of a card, but have multiples of the same one.
How about the sellers that had multiples of the auto in hand and yet still listed them. Surely they would have been able to tell it was a stamp?

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post