Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    SUPERNATURAL - Seasons 1-3 (Cryptozoic)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SUPERNATURAL - Seasons 1-3 (Cryptozoic)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SerialKilnWalkr:
Variants:
Mega Moon Lava

This made me think of Pokémon cards for some reason. How is this different from a regular foil parallel card? Is it more colorful? LOL I guess once I get my 2 boxes I will be sure I check it out against my other regular foils.

That redemption card is sweet. I am wishing I would have bought more of this release in hind sight, but that could just be the Supernatural junkie in me talking.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Spyke
posted Hide Post
is it just me or does the Katie Cassidy autograph look stamped.

Posts: 147 | Location: NY | Registered: March 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Appreciate the posting of parallels from SerialKilnWalkr, though we still don't know the ratios....

And it would sure be helpful if Cryptozoic would post this information on their site so that collectors who go there would know that these cards are part of the series.

Especially the 'moon lava' ones..who would even THINK to search for those on eBay if ya' hadn't seen it on a checklist.

Posts: 622 | Location: Boston, MA USA | Registered: December 28, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spyke:

I see what you mean, but it is very hard to make accurate calls based on one scan alone. With a stamp, as with an autopen or signature machine, the proof is in seeing multiple copies. All autographs will be EXACTLY the same and the human hand does not do that. Sometimes stamps will show some ink impressions from the edges, which is also a dead give away.

The Cassidy signature shows a broader stroke than the other cards, with blotching and perhaps some shaking. It could be a bad pen, or a card with too much gloss to absorb the ink. It could also be that the autograph streaked and she went over it again. I wouldn't speculate farther than that without seeing what another one of her autograph cards in this set looks like.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Byrna:
Appreciate the posting of parallels from SerialKilnWalkr, though we still don't know the ratios....

And it would sure be helpful if Cryptozoic would post this information on their site so that collectors who go there would know that these cards are part of the series.

Especially the 'moon lava' ones..who would even THINK to search for those on eBay if ya' hadn't seen it on a checklist.

I was told specifically that the insertion ratios for the variants/parallels will not be publicized.

The information that I posted is now reflected on the Supernatural Trading Cards page.

Posts: 79 | Location: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: October 05, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by Spyke:

I see what you mean, but it is very hard to make accurate calls based on one scan alone. With a stamp, as with an autopen or signature machine, the proof is in seeing multiple copies. All autographs will be EXACTLY the same and the human hand does not do that. Sometimes stamps will show some ink impressions from the edges, which is also a dead give away.

The Cassidy signature shows a broader stroke than the other cards, with blotching and perhaps some shaking. It could be a bad pen, or a card with too much gloss to absorb the ink. It could also be that the autograph streaked and she went over it again. I wouldn't speculate farther than that without seeing what another one of her autograph cards in this set looks like.

The Cassidy I pulled looks like the cards were stacked on top of each other and smeared. There's smudges of ink on the back of the card. I'll get a scan of it up in a bit.

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Hmm... the sig my Cassidy is awfully similar to the one on eBay. It's just in a slightly different spot and the eBay one looks like she did go over it.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Based on your scans MissLizzy I'm fairly certain that those signatures are hand written. Although similar as they should be, there are enough variations in letter spacing and height to rule out stamps or auto pens.

I think you are right, someone stacked the cards before the ink had dried, resulting in at least some blotchy autographs.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure they are the same, one is just higher up on the card. I did a little bit more comparison:

I offset the overlaying signature slightly so you can see both of them.

If they are both hand signed, she has a very consistent signature.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Where's Jon? We need him.
I found another one in a completed listing.
Here are all three side by side:

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
The signatures are exactly the same. Miss Katie C. must have used a stamp or imprint or brand to 'sign' this... It would also explain the smudging, using a brand more ink would be applied on the card so it needs more time to dry...which apperently did not happen.

Perhaps she hurt her hand during some action scenes on Arrow.. Frown

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cryptozoic are will have a hard time explaining this as they guaranteed all us collectors that they only use hand signed autographs in their products...!

Posts: 138 | Location: England | Registered: August 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
there is also another in completed listing along with a complete set, very smudged, more than those 3, but with the same design

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
SHENANIGANS
her auto is also the same on the one they show for Arrow

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
There is a way of extracting the autograph images and piling them up on top of each other for comparison. I can't do it, but I have seen it done by others. The smudging throws if off a little, but seeing the three cards together makes it look like more of a problem than just wet ink.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
I matched my auto up to six that were posted over on Blowout.

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Lizzy:

Doesn't look like you need me at all. . . Someone should contact Crypto as these don't appear to be live signatures.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Lizzy:

Doesn't look like you need me at all. . . Someone should contact Crypto as these don't appear to be live signatures.

Yeah, but we always value your input Smile

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah, evidently Katie Cassidy is in such demand that she can't meet her autograph obligations.

And that is why some card manufacturers insist on having a representative present at the signings and note it on the back of their cards.

I actually really hate when this happens, and not just because of the individual card, but because it damages the whole reputation of certified autograph cards. Now even more people will write about how certified cards can't be trusted anymore than in person signatures, which of course is just not true, but it only takes a couple of bad apples to taint the bunch.