Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Arrow Season Two
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Arrow Season Two
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted
6 Autograph Card Images are up on Cryptozoic's Website. I'm shocked because I hadn't realized they were already this far along.

List so far:

Artine Brown as Hendrick von Arnim
Celina Jade as Shado
Katrina Law as Nyssa al Ghul
Seth Gabel as Count Vertigo
Summer Glau as Isabel Rochev / Ravager
Dylan Bruce as Adam Donner

The Summer Glau is two separate cards.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I think it would be great if they could get Grant Gustin to sign for this set (and then again for Flash season One). I am prepared to overspend for it, Crypto Big Grin

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think they are saving Valdes, Panabaker and Gustin for the Flash set. I should also note there are 7 Autographs shown not 6- Since there are two Summer Glau cards.

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:
I think they are saving...

We put as much content in each set as our budget, studio assets, licensor permission and talent cooperation allows.

Unfortunately, we are not permitted to include Grant Gustin in our Arrow Trading Cards Season 2 set. Similarly, we are not permitted to include Arrow guest stars in our upcoming The Flash Trading Cards Season 1 set.

On our product page we have begun listing the autographs that are currently in our possession and control. The final list should exceed 20, and about half of them did not sign for our Season 1 set. We hope there will be a few names on the list that will interest Arrow fans and collectors. (We think we're off to a great start!)

Incidentally, there have been questions about when an autograph list is complete and final. The set, including the autograph list, is locked down and final once we publish the Checklist to our product page.

Posts: 69 | Location: CA | Registered: October 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
When I meant saving I wasn't implying that you were holding back from getting them to sign but rather that you would just wait for that set to happen to have those guys out there. Thanks for the clarification though. :-)

Picture of Spyke
posted Hide Post
3 more added

James Pizzinato as Thomas Flynn
Dylan Neal as Dr. Anthony Ivo
Cynthia Addai-Robinson as Amanda Waller

Posts: 147 | Location: NY | Registered: March 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mgeo:
Unfortunately, we are not permitted to include Grant Gustin in our Arrow Trading Cards Season 2 set. Similarly, we are not permitted to include Arrow guest stars in our upcoming The Flash Trading Cards Season 1 set.

Does that mean you can't include them at all, including images of them from the episodes, or just on autograph/costume inserts? Such an odd restriction. I wonder if you will have the same restriction for Matt Ryan as Constantine once the Arrow season four set rolls around.

I plan on my collecting focuses from now on being Game of Thrones/Arrow/Flash so I am excited to see all the signer updates.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason00:
quote:
Originally posted by mgeo:

Does that mean you can't include them at all, including images of them from the episodes, or just on autograph/costume inserts? Such an odd restriction. I wonder if you will have the same restriction for Matt Ryan as Constantine once the Arrow season four set rolls around.

From what I gather reading CZE's posts, there are at least a couple of big restrictions in the licenses they have. The surprising one to me was that Walking Dead had to be split up into Part 1 and Part 2 sets because only 13 characters can be shown at one time.

I don't know if other card companies operate under such restrictions or if they just don't take those licenses that have too many demands. I only hear about it being an issue with these CZE products, but maybe the others have problems getting the proper access too and they just don't talk about it. Who knows?

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I commend CZE for sharing that information I wish all manufacturers would be as forthcoming.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
I commend CZE for sharing that information I wish all manufacturers would be as forthcoming.

I agree with you. It is refreshing to be told why something had to be done a certain way, rather than allow for needless speculation that is often off the mark anyway.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
We know the preorder deadline is very, very soon, so we want to give a bit more information to you about its contents.

Here are some mockups of wardrobe cards. There is a small chance the designs may be tweaked.

We are planning 24 single wardrobe cards, and a handful of dual wardrobe cards. These mockups feature seven pieces of wardrobe (Nyssa's veil will be featured on both a single wardrobe card and dual wardrobe card. Her veil is very small, so these cards will be among the rarest wardrobe cards.)

Posts: 69 | Location: CA | Registered: October 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

From what I gather reading CZE's posts, there are at least a couple of big restrictions in the licenses they have. The surprising one to me was that Walking Dead had to be split up into Part 1 and Part 2 sets because only 13 characters can be shown at one time.

I don't know if other card companies operate under such restrictions or if they just don't take those licenses that have too many demands. I only hear about it being an issue with these CZE products, but maybe the others have problems getting the proper access too and they just don't talk about it. Who knows?

Speaking to other card companies at the Philly Show, they have similar issues

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:

Well said, I think we all think this card producing is "easy". Some people WON'T sign, some aren't allowed to, some want silly money to sign and some images aren't allowed. I always assume the main card companies are doing their best to get as much as they can into a product.

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
Those costume card designs looks great!

I've started watching Arrow this week; half way into season 1. It's entertaining (though I think I had higher expectations to be honest) but I'm paying more interest to the cards as a result.

Cryptozoic have added more signers to their autograph list:

Michael Rowe - Deadshot
Kelly Hu - China White
Jessica de Gouw - Huntress & Helena versions
Graham Shiels - Cyrus Gold
Jesse Hutch - Brother Daily

I like this card design better than S1, and will likely pick up the Kelly Hu autograph from this set I think instead of S1, which I'd been meaning to get previously. Nice to see Dylan Bruce and Summer Glau signing (neither or whom I knew were in Arrow before!) as well.

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just saw they added Caity Lotz as Sara Lance and as the Canary.

Picture of Spyke
posted Hide Post
David Nykl as Anatoly Knyazev
Kevin Alejandro as Sebastian Blood / Brother Blood

have been added

Posts: 147 | Location: NY | Registered: March 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Seems like they might really be pushing the signers to do inscriptions as quite a few various ones have popped up on twitter.

Posts: 5 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: August 25, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Release date is November 18.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Katie Cassidy and John Barrowman are the last autograph additions. The checklist has now been posted:

http://cryptozoic.com/sites/de..._checklist_final.pdf

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ooh I wasn't expecting a new Katie Cassidy card. Neat.