Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Doctor Strange
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Doctor Strange
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Probably the ugliest auto card design I've ever seen. Honestly cannot understand how they thought that would look good. I was looking at the Tilda Swinton auto from this set, but I have no desire to own such an ugly looking card.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
I have to agree on the prescription pad idea. Not great execution.

However - on another forum someone pulled a Tilda Swinton autographed 'Vishanti's Vestments' card, which is significantly more attractive, with the golden hues. I'm sure they'll be even more of a pain to collect odd wise, but (if I could afford to collect Doctor Strange) that's the card I'd be going for over the regular autographs in this set

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
There are no words for the sewer that is upper deck. What is worse is there is actually more room on the card for a bigger sticker!

As an autograph collector I would not give you 5 dollars for this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Benedi...1:g:8i4AAOSwux5YQam2

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
That's a real shame, I guess he just signed his first name half off the sticker.

UD should not have released it on a card, maybe as a give away only, acknowledging that it is damaged. Good luck to the seller who thinks someone will pay that much. Yes, the second name is clear, but as an autograph card it would be drastically discounted in any evaluation.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That's horrible. UD autographs are also so overpriced when compared to other companies....Not even talking a-listers since they release so few signed cards.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
For anyone still interested, Dr. Strange has indeed been released in e-pack today. It is considerably cheaper now, likely because of the fantastic way this product has sold, not. Big Grin

It will mean that the cards will start to appear in the usual places in quantity pretty soon.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
For anyone still interested, Dr. Strange has indeed been released in e-pack today. It is considerably cheaper now, likely because of the fantastic way this product has sold, not. Big Grin

It will mean that the cards will start to appear in the usual places in quantity pretty soon.

They're cheaper... but hits are REALLY hard to hit. Also, you need 20 "digital" base cards to get a physical version. All that said, I wouldn't expect to see a ton of these flooding the market.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

They're cheaper... but hits are REALLY hard to hit. Also, you need 20 "digital" base cards to get a physical version. All that said, I wouldn't expect to see a ton of these flooding the market.

As a limited product, and I'm assuming that is still what UD says it was, flooding the market is an oxymoron. By quantity I simply meant that you would see it now as opposed to seeing relatively little of it before. Many of these e-pack buyers are flippers and they are looking only for the hits to sell. The base cards they would just as soon dump. I judge this by their posts in other forums. Some are collectors, but it seems like the art of dealing is the driving force with many of them.

You are correct, early indications are that Dr. Strange doesn't have many hits anywhere. Which means that the e-pack release will not go too well either. Once these flippers get disappointed with a few packs they drop it and move on. I don't know, its too soon too tell, but one way or another you are going to be able to find these cards with the broader release.

posted Hide Post
I just won an auction for an epacket delivered from Hong Kong. It was a Tilda Swinton Auto costume as the ancient one for $58.50 shipped. Is this a steal still like I thought it was? Lol. Only one sold was a few weeks ago and it sold for $240. -Joe

Posts: 84 | Location: Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heroeslost:
I just won an auction for an epacket delivered from Hong Kong. It was a Tilda Swinton Auto costume as the ancient one for $58.50 shipped. Is this a steal still like I thought it was? Lol. Only one sold was a few weeks ago and it sold for $240. -Joe

I would say it's a very nice price for the auto/relic. The Swinton plain autograph cards are going much lower than I would have expected based on the completed sales, but there don't seem to be many listed.

The only question I would have, because I don't do ePacks myself, is what do you mean by epacket delivered? Are you getting the physical card or do you have to redeem it in some way first?

posted Hide Post
I'm not quite sure. When I won the auction I saw it say epacket when I was paying for it. It's shipping from Hong Kong so it might take a while to reach me

Posts: 84 | Location: Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heroeslost:
I'm not quite sure. When I won the auction I saw it say epacket when I was paying for it. It's shipping from Hong Kong so it might take a while to reach me

Please let us know how this goes. I have seen a lot of these auctions and while the prices were cheap I am not at all familiar with epacks so did not want to take the risk it was either a scam or that there were a load of hoops to jump through to get the card.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will do. The estimated arrival date is January 13th which kinda sucks lol. Was thinking about flipping it but prices might go down in the next month