Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Star Trek - The Complete Next Generation (Rittenhouse)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Trek - The Complete Next Generation (Rittenhouse)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
I am of the belief that we will see the Saul Rubinek as Kivas Fajo card that was meant for the Quotable TNG set all those years ago in this set. I like the TNG Quotable design myself, as these were the first TNG auto cards I ever had.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
Personally I don't mind the green and white cards, you get a decent sized image and a decent sized signing area. They seem unique enough to call them the 'TNG style' and given how many of these cards RA put out last time, I reckon most of the set will be on this design.

However I think the red and white cards featuring the main crew are absolutely horrid. I've never liked them since the yellow iterations which came out for the TOS Quotable set. They are just way too overdesigned. The replication of the actor image (seen in the background) seems pointless and detracts from the main image, the main image is badly photoshopped, the quotes don't enhance the signature, not a fan of the slanted signature area and the "Quotable Next Generation" logo on the top left makes the cards too set specific. These can't be the definitive RA cards for the TNG crew surely? Frown

While I don't mind the yellow/red backgrounds for the main cast in their "quotable" versions, I have to agree with you about the photoshopping on the McFadden card. It looks really tacky at the moment and hopefully the card was/will be much more refined before being sent to be signed. I love Beverly Crusher and haven't really liked the designs of the other McFadden autos, and therefore haven't pursued them. However, if the photoshopping was better, I'd be all over one of those cards!

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
I dont mind Rittenhouse releasing some of the cards they might have had left over form other sets, kind of like the 40th bond and women of card cards that are in every Bond set but I was hoping for a nice new set of full bleed autos of the Next Gen crew and guests...

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
yes I agree,these style cards look at lot nicer when showing off your display binder
Ashley Judd auto for me please Smile

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I'm just looking forward to another STNG set and it getting the RA treatment.

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ajdedo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cline:
I dont mind Rittenhouse releasing some of the cards they might have had left over form other sets, kind of like the 40th bond and women of card cards that are in every Bond set but I was hoping for a nice new set of full bleed autos of the Next Gen crew and guests...

I totally agree! I don't mind filling in a few holes from a previous set, or even using left over cards, but I REALLY want to see a "full bleed" set of autos for TNG. They just look sooooo much better.

Posts: 146 | Location: Sunshine Coast, BC | Registered: April 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I would like to see some holograms in this set (Skybox did some for original release).

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
RA has updated their release page and relabelled the set as:
"The Complete Star Trek: The Next Generation Series 1 (1987-1991)"

So looks like TNG fans will be spolied with a second set as well. If series 1 covers seasons 1-5 I wonder if the second 2 will cover the TNG movies to balance things out. I can't imagine it would focus on just seasons 6&7.

http://scifihobby.com/releaseschedule-full.cfm

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ajdedo
posted Hide Post
Makes sense. That would be 5 "years" per release.

Series I could cover Seasons 1,2,3,4,5, while Series II covers Season 6,7 plus First Contact, Insurrection, and that other silly one I can't remember....

There were really only 3 TNG movies, weren't there?

Posts: 146 | Location: Sunshine Coast, BC | Registered: April 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ajdedo:
Makes sense. That would be 5 "years" per release.

Series I could cover Seasons 1,2,3,4,5, while Series II covers Season 6,7 plus First Contact, Insurrection, and that other silly one I can't remember....

There were really only 3 TNG movies, weren't there?

4 Movies - Generations, First Contact, Insurrection and Nemisis

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Details Coming:

SRP Box $84.00

SRP Set $25.00

Rittenhouse Archives is pleased to offer our latest Star Trek trading card set, Star Trek: The Complete TNG (1987-1991) Series 1. This is the first in our new series of trading cards covering "Star Trek: The Next Generation". Each box of this set will include an incredible
4 Autograph Cards! The base set consists of episode cards with 1 card for each of the 88 episodes from the first half of the show's run from 1987-1991, and each base card will have 5 photos and a detailed plot synopsis.

Sample Autograph Card Images

Autograph Signers Include:
Brent Spiner
Gates McFadden
Levar Burton
Joe Piscopo
Michelle Phillips
Armin Shimerman
Saul Rubinek
Dwight Schultz
Corbin Bernsen
Suzie Plakson
Brian Bonsall
Daniel Benzali
Michael Berryman
Nikki Cox
many other first-time signers!

Cut Signature Card Image
Collectors should be on the look out for for randomly inserted cut signature cards of GENE RODDENBERRY! Other bonus cards include:

Bridge Crew Communicator Badge Cards
TNG Aliens Cards
TNG Tribute Cards
U.S.S. Enterprise Cards

For every 3 cases purchased, you will receive an exclusive 5"x7" card featuring one of GENE RODDENBERRY'S authentic TNG business cards from when he worked on the show in the late 1980s!

For each 6 cases purchased, you will receive an exclusive autograph card signed by Patrick Stewart as Locutus of Borg!

And for each 18 cases purchased, you will receive an archive box from The Complete Star Trek: The Next Generation, Part 1 (1987-1991) Trading Cards!

We have also created an exclusive collector's album to store the STAR TREK: The Complete TNG (1987-1991) Series 1 Trading Cards, and each album comes with an exclusive promotion card.

http://www.scifihobby.com/prod...omplete-tng-series1/

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Nikki Cox Dance

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10450 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I was so hoping this would have been out for the Philly Show

Picture of ajdedo
posted Hide Post
Here are some links for those interested in more information....

First: Rittenhouse's Web Page

Second: Downloadable Sell Sheet

Third: (Especially for Lynne): Star Trek: The Complete TNG (1987-1991) Series 1 Checklist

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Promo Cards Arrived Today!

Good looking card.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5082 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I hope my friendly dealer will put one in my binder Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ajdedo:
Here are some links for those interested in more information....

First: Rittenhouse's Web Page

Second: Downloadable Sell Sheet

Third: (Especially for Lynne): Star Trek: The Complete TNG (1987-1991) Series 1 Checklist

I had my wife help me in downloading the "downloadable sell sheet" this morning to a little 64 mb jump drive {I'm not the greatest on the PC}. Then I went to Walmart to see if I could print it out.
While there reading the kiosk I noticed it was going to be done on regular photographic paper and it would cost approx $4.74 for one. I wanted a little bit thicker paper, so I brought my little jump drive to a real print ship. My wife new of a shop she used to deal with while working for a local RI corporation. I thought it was going to be really expensive, but they put two 8X10 images on a 12 pt piece of paper for five bucks! And I was truly impressed with the image. My actual word was, "Wow" when I saw it. It looks just like the pic above, but on paper.

I'm happy! Try it and you will be, too.
Clap Dance Elephant

Fred

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freddy:
Clap Dance Elephant

Fred

Not to be a downer but it's interesting that two places would do it for you when it is a copyright image...

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nicnac:
Not to be a downer but it's interesting that two places would do it for you when it is a copyright image...

I know what you mean, but all of those places have disclaimers about not reproducing copyrighted images, and most of the sales help never learned to tell the difference. Wink

In any event when someone is doing it for their personal amusement its usually not a problem. If they decided to create it in bulk and sell it, that is a different story and a copyright holder might try to take action, but we have seen many companies not named Marvel or Disney who still don't seem to care.

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nicnac:
quote:
Originally posted by Freddy:
Clap Dance Elephant

Fred

Are we talking about the sheet? RA has freely offered this so where is the problem in printing it out?