Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Star Trek - The Complete Next Generation (Rittenhouse)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Trek - The Complete Next Generation (Rittenhouse)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by Nicnac:
quote:
Originally posted by Freddy:
I'm happy! Try it and you will be, too.
Clap Dance Elephant

Fred

Not to be a downer but it's interesting that two places would do it for you when it is a copyright image...

Are we talking about the sheet? RA has freely offered this so where is the problem in printing it out?

Yes, we are talking about the downloadable sell sheet. But I didn't see a disclaimer on it anywhere. Nor did my printer bring up the subject. She might have if I ordered a hundred of them, but who knows?

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:Are we talking about the sheet? RA has freely offered this so where is the problem in printing it out?

Just because print material is given freely does not mean it is without copyright.

quote:
Yes, we are talking about the downloadable sell sheet. But I didn't see a disclaimer on it anywhere.

The copyright notice is all it needs.

It's really not a big deal since you are not making and selling copies.

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:Are we talking about the sheet? RA has freely offered this so where is the problem in printing it out?

Just because print material is given freely does not mean it is without copyright.

quote:
Yes, we are talking about the downloadable sell sheet. But I didn't see a disclaimer on it anywhere.

I imagine that is someone were to print and distribute these sheets that RA might even be thankful. These are, after all, the sheets that proved too expensive to make, print, and send out. Any advertising is good advertising.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:
quote:

quote:

I imagine that is someone were to print and distribute these sheets that RA might even be thankful. These are, after all, the sheets that proved too expensive to make, print, and send out. Any advertising is good advertising.

Ed

That was what I was thinking - people have been selling these sheets for years - the fact that you can print them off yourself is GREAT

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
One thing to remember about printing out these downloadable sell sheets...there's only print on the front.

Fred

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know if the checklist was complete when you guys checked, but it is now:

http://scifihobby.com/products...cklist.cfm?SetID=231

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
I hope we see even more autographs than what's listed although I am excited for all of the ones listed thus far. I'd still like to see:

Brooke Bundy as Macdougall
Lisa Wilcox as Yuta
Christopher MacDonald as Richard Castillo
Denise Crosby as Alternate Tasha Yar
Harry Groener as Tam Elbrun

and I will try and come up with some more later, but those are some of the ones I'd love to see.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:
Lisa Wilcox as Yuta

Val

These cards have been signed in previous releases.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Lisa Wilcox as Yuta

Val

The Yuta auto card was in a previous releases. As to alternate Tasha, why would you want to go there? If they made alternate characters there would be doubles of just about every main cast member.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Well they are doing new cards for Shelby and Madeline and Capt. Louvois, so I wanted a new Yuta to match this set. As for alternate Tasha Yar, it'd be no different than the mirror crew auto cards they've done in the past. Besides Tasha had a different enough look in that episode that a new auto card might be neat. I'd also like to add Tricia O'Neil as Rachel Garrett to my list of auto wants.

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I would be more than happy if I get these:

Brian Bonsall as Alexander
Eric Menyuk as The Traveler
Carolyn McCormick as Minuet

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The 5 Star Trek Communicator Pin Cards (1:200 packs)are going to be difficult to get as some cases will only have 1 with 1:2 cases having 2. I've pre-ordered a couple of cases so hope the they both have 2 of the Communicator Pin cards.

Also the numbering of these cards indicates that the set will completed with the Second Release of The Complete TNG cards.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
A liitle teaser for Series 2:
Subject: RE: Complete Next Generation Date: 04/20/2011
Author: Steve Charendoff Reply
And since you mentioned it, I will let you in on a little secret -- Ashley Judd has already signed cards and will be featured in series 2! But don't tell anyone else. ;-) Clap

As for Series One I'll on hoping to pull/on the look out for:

Lance LeGault as K'Temoc
Corbin Bernsen as Q2
Ray Wise as Liko
Nikki Cox as Sarjenka
Elizabeth Dennehy as Lt. Commander Shelby
Saul Rubinek as Kivas Fajo

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
You TOLD!!!!!! Wink

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by STCardGeek:
You TOLD!!!!!! Wink

I couldn't keep that news secret, I had to tell. Big Grin

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well they are doing new cards for Shelby and Madeline and Capt. Louvois, so I wanted a new Yuta to match this set.

I can see that.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post

Posted on Facebook:

quote:
Here is a sneak peak at the "Bridge Crew Communicator Badge Cards" from our upcoming The Complete Star Trek: The Next Generation Series 1 trading cards. These pins are limited to 300 apiece, and will be inserted approximately 1 or 2 per case. 5 of the Communicator Pin cards will be issued in Series 1 this year, and 5 more will be issued in Series 2

Amazing looking cards.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I never realised Ashley Judd was in Star Trek.
Are the Auto cards Full Bleed by any chance?

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
She played Ensign Robin Lefler in two episodes- The Game and Darmok. Her character was later used by Peter David in his New Frontier books.

posted Hide Post
People who don't know the series well might recognize that she was in the episode where the crew gets addicted to the video game played by attaching this gadget to your head and seeing a 3d projection of the game in front of you...
a link is easier