Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Star Trek - The Complete Next Generation (Rittenhouse)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Trek - The Complete Next Generation (Rittenhouse)
 Login/Join

Picture of ajdedo
posted
Okay, I might as well start this one. Here's what I've been told so far...

Star Trek The Complete Next Generation Set

1) It'll come in two parts. Part one this year and part two next year.
2) There will be 4 autographs per box.
3) There will be Randomly inserted cut signature cards from Gene Roddenberry. (30 made)
4) The case incentive card will be made from his TNG business cards. It will have the TNG logo and an image of the ship on them.

If anyone else knows something more, please tell!

Posts: 146 | Location: Sunshine Coast, BC | Registered: April 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I still need the last Cut Signature from Gene Roddenberry now will "need" another.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Any news on month of release?

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
JUne is the most likely month.

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Maybe a box or two, I'll wait to see who signs first.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Am looking forward to this set - I hope to pick up a definitive set of autos from the main 7 crew.

I know they all signed the same format (for the first time) in the RA movie sets but TBH I can do without Data pulling goofy faces or the abundance of sailor hats. Hopefully some better images will be chosen this time around.

Also, wasn't there talk of including some comm-badges as incentive cards as was done in the Trek XI movie set?

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by STCardGeek:
JUne is the most likely month.

Thanks - was hoping for May Frown Am looking forward to this though

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

This is a really exciting sounding set. I loved the Next Generation and the only Star Trek Card that is in my collection that is not a Promo is a Gates McFadden Casting Call
Chase Card from Nemesis.

That may change in June given my love affair with Rittenhouse Archives recent sets.

TTFN

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
June! YAY! Just in time for my birthday! Big Grin

Posts: 116 | Location: USA | Registered: January 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Packrat
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Heard about this last week and am really excited about it!
Can't wait!

Posts: 25 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
There are pics of two of the autograph cards coming in this set in the NSU 2011 Preview exclusive web gallery. Both are from previous Trek signers, but both are awesome looking Smile

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:
There are pics of two of the autograph cards coming in this set in the NSU 2011 Preview exclusive web gallery. Both are from previous Trek signers, but both are awesome looking Smile

Val

Have to agree - they are lovely looking cards Thumb Up

Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
I am firmly with hammer in the agree camp, great looking cards. Smile

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Is there a link to the pictures?

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cline:
Is there a link to the pictures?

Hi Chris:

Please see this thread:

Preview of 2011 Cards

I believe that is what the above posts are referencing. Included in the image gallery of cards coming in 2011 are two The Complete Star Trek: TNG 1987-1991 cards.

Harris

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Wow very nice! Thanks Harris

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ajdedo
posted Hide Post
Oh. What a disappointment.

I'm glad to hear some people like the cards, but the "quotable" looked that is being reused for CTNG is by far my least favorite style. Far too much white and far too little picture.

If Rittenhouse is really having such a hard time with originality, or if they are just struggling with change, then I wished they would have repeated the look they used for Next Gen Season 7 cards, or at least the look they beat to death with all their TOS cards.

Those cards were at least nice to look at.

Posts: 146 | Location: Sunshine Coast, BC | Registered: April 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
All this talk about the TNG set when the Re-mastered Original set has not been released yet. Shake Head

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ajdedo:
Oh. What a disappointment.

I'm glad to hear some people like the cards, but the "quotable" looked that is being reused for CTNG is by far my least favorite style. Far too much white and far too little picture.

If Rittenhouse is really having such a hard time with originality, or if they are just struggling with change, then I wished they would have repeated the look they used for Next Gen Season 7 cards, or at least the look they beat to death with all their TOS cards.

Those cards were at least nice to look at.

I thought I was the only one thinking a bit dissapointed with these cards.

Personally I don't mind the green and white cards, you get a decent sized image and a decent sized signing area. They seem unique enough to call them the 'TNG style' and given how many of these cards RA put out last time, I reckon most of the set will be on this design.

However I think the red and white cards featuring the main crew are absolutely horrid. I've never liked them since the yellow iterations which came out for the TOS Quotable set. They are just way too overdesigned. The replication of the actor image (seen in the background) seems pointless and detracts from the main image, the main image is badly photoshopped, the quotes don't enhance the signature, not a fan of the slanted signature area and the "Quotable Next Generation" logo on the top left makes the cards too set specific. These can't be the definitive RA cards for the TNG crew surely? Frown

Personally I was hoping to see a new TNG 'twist' on the TOS style cards much like we got with the Movie sets. If this doesn't come to pass I think the main crew need to be on the green and white style cards to integrate with the rest of the signers.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
All this talk about the TNG set when the Re-mastered Original set has not been released yet.

It's coming next week Smile

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post